Poll: AR or SMG?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AR
45.83%
22 45.83%
SMG
54.17%
26 54.17%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AR or SMG?
(09 Jul 13, 10:35PM)ExodusS Wrote: nobody forced you

The exact word is "have to", not forced to. If you want to be able to compete against AR players on maps like desert3, you have better chances to follow the gamestyle by using the AR rush too.
Except if your SMG skills are extremly good and you can outfrag your AR enemies, they'll probably manage to get some flags thanks to the rushing escape.

I find it honorable that some players stick to SMG even though AR is more advantageous in some situations (for ex Harrek), but you're not even that type of person as you actually used AR during the whole game vs CoE on desert3 in the Summer Cup... nobody forced you Exoduss ? :)

/ontopic
I couldn't say if I prefer AR or SMG, but I can say SMG is a lot of fun on 1.2 and I will definitely play more games with SMG in the next version. As for the AR, I use it all the time because I can't aim for sh*t and I still manage to get some kills and nice flag rushes with it so..
Thanks given by:
Options:
AR- No
Smg- No
Sniper- Yes
Thanks given by:
No love for carbine.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 13, 10:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(09 Jul 13, 10:36PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(09 Jul 13, 01:56PM)ExodusS Wrote: Too bad, we (normal users) can't see who voted for what, I'm sure many SMG voters are playing AR. lol

^^^this lol...almost everyone here ive played with, even the smg users, use AR more
why is this confusing? ar is op

its confusing because so many voted for smg when they dont actually play it
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 04:39PM)DamDam Wrote: ...

http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/have_to
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 13, 10:35PM)ExodusS Wrote: nobody forced you

(10 Jul 13, 04:39PM)DamDam Wrote: but you're not even that type of person as you actually used AR during the whole game vs CoE on desert3 in the Summer Cup... nobody forced you Exoduss ? :)

That's game situation ;-)
And by the way, it's until to delete my posts;
Try to understand and not to read stupidly the forum.
What i said wrong?
I just said each weapon are used according to game situation...

PS: Now look at poll vote, u mad bro?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 05:09PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(09 Jul 13, 10:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(09 Jul 13, 10:36PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(09 Jul 13, 01:56PM)ExodusS Wrote: Too bad, we (normal users) can't see who voted for what, I'm sure many SMG voters are playing AR. lol

^^^this lol...almost everyone here ive played with, even the smg users, use AR more
why is this confusing? ar is op

its confusing because so many voted for smg when they dont actually play it

hipsters
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 05:09PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: its confusing because so many voted for smg when they dont actually play it

The vote is not about your main weapon, it's about your favorite weapon.
For main weapons, we have stats about it. ;)
Thanks given by:
shotgun, y u no there??
Thanks given by:
if you compare a good AR and a good SMG, AR is superior (at least in this version)
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 06:30PM)IGC Wrote: if you compare a good AR and a good SMG, AR is superior (at least in this version)

Next version, AR will be nerfed and Snipa will be superior ^^

Sniper shot+ one pistol shot = K0
Thanks given by:
May as well reply to my own post - I like the smg, cause it's fun to rush with - sooooo bloody damn accurate compared with AR rushing
Thanks given by:
Depends on the map, but AR would win in most cases.
Thanks given by:
If the team need more frags, I go with SMG, and if the team needs more flags, I go with AR.
Thanks given by:
OK "gets ready for a load of abuse on this one"

My opinion for what it's worth. AR is a superior weapon especially when used by teams of people to rush for flags and AR running is a sure way to get back down the tunnel in Shine! SMG is a more skilled weapon, those who use it successfully are skilled players but often they have to resort to AR because that's the way the game rolls.

In my opinion the current weapons balance is quite true to life, AR is more powerful probably the most powerful of all the weapons, as for the others they broadly fit in too. In a game though is this fair, we constantly try and balance these weapons but we never succeed, I say do not try, it is not the weapon that needs balancing but the score you get from it. that way skilled players can use an inferior weapon and get rewarded for doing so. Newbies can get used to the game using a strong weapon that at least gives them a chance of getting a kill.

If we did the above it would add another tactical dimension to the game and may invigorate the play which has become a bit stale lately.
Thanks given by:
AR's better, but I use the SMG (and sometimes try and snipe) because I can't be bothered learning how to use the AR properly.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 06:30PM)IGC Wrote: if you compare a good AR and a good SMG, AR is superior (at least in this version)

Harrek vs waffles!!! gogogogo
Thanks given by:
at a solid 100 fps:

-i usually get around 5% unhits with AR.
-i usually get around 15% unhits with smg.

because with smg more shots need to hit the target to kill it (more accuarcy needed) and most of those shots drop, AR is superior for me
Thanks given by:
I just cant get past smg spread. I favor accuracy and utility over recoil.
Thanks given by:
For me, smg is much cooler to play with but, since now its much weaker than AR, if you playing against solid ARes you have to be extra careful of how you move around in the map or else you are screwed. The sad part is that against the top AR players smg just won't budge caus of smg's crazy spread and the AR runs and jumps and much higher accuracy, so lots of times I just have to go with the flow and get the AR in order to not embarrass myself, it is not smart to go against a more skilled player than you with a weaker weapon...
Similar was the case for 1.0. AR was fun to play with, but plain useless in a serious match against smg and sniper (unless your team planed to have a good AR runner but, that almost never happened) AR was pretty cool to play with in pubs and inters if you wanted to handicap yourself on purpose and do some crazy flag runs. Although, you never saw any of the AR runners and jumpers of today playing with it in 1.0 and it could do jumps and runs just the same (considerably less true, but still...) if anything at least this version's AR added this new flavor to the game...
Anyways, hopefully 1.2 will bring some of old smg's power back along with a stronger sniper so they can be a match to AR and AC will cease to be a one weapon's game only!
Thanks given by:
Smg - spray here, spray there...spray just about everywhere, Enemy has 50hp left.
AR - pop.pop.pop.pop.pop, enemy down.

*pop= 1 bullet*
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 13, 08:23PM)Rainbow Wrote: Smg - spray here, spray there...spray just about everywhere, Enemy has 50hp left.
Or aim here, aim there...aim just about everywhere, third Enemy has 50hp left; the other two are dead.
Thanks given by:
I find that charging in like a maniac in order to get as close as possible limits the spread's hurtfulness.
Thanks given by:
Adressing some comments above I think the SMG is clearly under the AR on most circumstances, even tactically, having map awareness and being concious of your weapon limitations does help but doesn't change that others will be above you if they play with the same mindset and a better gun which also possess a wider set of options when playing certain modes.

So regarding balance, i agree there won't be a point where everyone is pleased, but if everyone can have a choice where the gun exceels on its best characteristic while at the same time having cons for certain situations (like shotgun), you won't feel so safe when choosing a single weapon for every matter, hence forcing you a little more to pick different guns for each job or trouble the match may present, giving player another view of the game that doesn't base on he mastering one gun and getting too much reward for it.

PD: I enjoy the SMG, and never got used to the AR, i never found amusing being able to propel yourself at high speed, not even with the SMG, but i see why people likes it and the logic behind it, but my favorite just is and will be the SMG for a good while.
Thanks given by:
if i had a preference on balance, it would be to make the smg with less spread and 17 damage. at the same time, nerf the AR to 20 damage but give much more kickback to it. giving the kickback would actually make the AR worth the nerf for flaggers and give the game a much more tactical side to the game
Thanks given by:
No more kickback on the AR plz.. Why would u want to make an op gun even more op? Imo the main reason to why AR's played so much more than smg is because of the insane kickback..

The only reason why I'd play ar atm is because the kickback is insane..
Thanks given by:
AR I think does more damage, but it has too much kick for me to use.
I prefer SMG.
Thanks given by:
I don't care that the AR is the "better" weapon, I still use the SMG.
Thanks given by:
I dislike both of em; my hits are dropped or I just can't control the Big Boy weapons. I do better with the SMG though. (prefer the carbine) :)
Thanks given by:
humm.. well in pubs: smg... but in match i prefer AR (more "sprint")
Thanks given by: