Strange demo
Hi all,

I'd like to submit to your skilled experience a demo of one of my games:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2054...behind.dmo

I'm playing as Stalker; I have two questions:

1) why my score is so bad even if I have good ratio and best scored flags in the whole game

2) 2mr: the player named leon and me are very close, but separated from walls, how comes he can kill me? I know he is badly lagging, but from his and mine movements he could not even saw me! (i do not see any wallhack here!)

I think I'm posting in the right forum area as this concerns general aspects of the game such as score and lag.

any hints? :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 01:13AM)610|Zac Wrote: 1) why my score is so bad even if I have good ratio and best scored flags in the whole game

Without even looking at the demo (sorry about that), I would guess it either has something to do with you having some unfortunate teamkills or possibly the other player(s) getting more flag covers/returns/etc. to beat you on points.

More info on the points system in AC 1.1: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-464.html
Thanks given by:
And the reason it seems like he's shooting you through walls is lag.
Thanks given by:
The score system can be baffling.
In your demo you score 21 for your first frag; 10 points for the frag, 12/2 (12 players in the game at the time of the frag) for fragging while holding the flag and 5 points for...?
Then you gib your teammate: -20, -10 for the TK and -10 for...?
Next, you get fragged and lose the flag: -28, -4 for dying and -2*12 (12 players in the game at that point) 'bonus'.
Etc.
Losing the flag in a crowded HTF is punishing, and you lost the flag 15 times.
Here's your scores for each action:
You can try to work out how the scores are calculated, but it's hard to know when you get bonuses for covering the flag, etc. You may see that by the time you get fragged at 6'26 remaining, you're already on -103.
tl;dr - you got killed with the flag too much early on, without getting frags.
And, as Boomhauer said, it's lag.
Thanks given by:
You want see a real strange demo?
During a match clan, a player has the flag but some second after the flag get returned itself...
It was on 13:25 remaining:
STRANGE.dmo
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 11:47PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: You want see a real strange demo?

I have some too, but I made YouTube videos for lazy people:
Dafuq teleportation: Dafuq jump gib: Dafuq hit drops: AssaultCube demo system is kinda weak, it's ok to see some tactics and strategies but no more, don't exept to see a fast aimbot, a no-recoil or a no-spread hack, speedhacks are lags, teleportations are lags, you never aim the head while you headshot, same for all weapons, you are always aiming out of opponent character).
Thanks given by:
wow jamz thank you for the score analysis

in HTF I like a lot to have the flag and to score if I can, but it seems I have to review my tactics...
Thanks given by: