Favorite players to watch?
I, like most people i assume, really enjoy watching demos of particularly good players. From different styles of play to tricky clutch plays to sneaks ive learnt the most frim watching demos than actually playing the game.

My question is, who is your favorite player to watch?

I came up in 1.0 and was bad as hell. But i remember watching the anthrax, tayituux, all of w00p just destroy mofos.

When i started playing again in 1.1 i didnt get that same vibe until i played an inter with undead. With me being noob and in a group hang of noobs, i think it was the first time i had an interaction with a player that knew a lot about the game and was sharing that information (albeit brutally) i took the demo and watched every move, why he made those decisions. Was it a mostake or was it deliberate.

As time moved on and i started to understand the game better, i loved watching harrek play. Sort of super aggression. Then i got into some of the more sefensive players like newbie, ech0, larry.

Probably the most recent influence ive gotten from watchin tape is watching s!ck play. When watching the demos it hard to say whether their tactic was deliberate as it can seem random, but as ive starte to analyze it more patterns arise.

So who's your biggest influence, mine would have to be players from |oNe| past and present (<3 wolf) and w00p. When i first started playing it was my dream to be in one of these clans.
Thanks given by:
harrek - super agressive
haittah - very clever
undead - smarts
sanzo - because he actually moves with his sniper
sick - tactics
Thanks given by:
I don't have a specific player to watch, but some games were played in the past (the past, when the strategy was stronger than the AR) and those games were just amazing.

[Image: esl_one_woop_mines_1_sm.jpg]

But by favourite player is this one:
Thanks given by:
Undead's montage is one of my favorites. Sanzo is also dope.
Thanks given by:
In 1.0 I used to watch a lot of demos especially when there was a cup; I would download the matches where pros played and keep watching it from time to time and each time from the view of a different player. From what I remember, I'd say my biggest influence are the players from w00p. Specially ech0 and then tenshi and Drakas. ech0 has/had a really sick aim but his tactical awareness and decisions in matches are what stood out to me, tenshi for his incredible defensive play; how he moved, etc, and Drakas for being a well rounded player that could play with most weapons comfortably, it was just fun to watch :)
Thanks given by:
Milandrag
Thanks given by:
mine is sepehr, carnifex, waffles, harrek, sanzo
Thanks given by:
Echo,
harrek,
xenon cuz hacking so obvious kkk report,
undead cuz fcking smart but trashtalk too hight (fu doublelift)
Thanks given by:
Undead (Pro AR+rush...) and Stoune (I remember his teambash+return flag on ACWC lol!).
Thanks given by:
Milandrag & RedBull are my personal favorites to watch
Thanks given by:
Redbull ? Do we play the same game :D ?
Thanks given by:
None of them, because most skilled players are assholes and most of all I won't get that good at anytime. :(
Thanks given by:
im not searching für demos of specific players, but rather watch tournament demos. sanzo is probs the one i spectate most of the time when hes in it, since i like how he is able to play badass matches with only ARs surrounding him (and not whining about it). other than that i spec great AR players like undead, depends on the situation and the teams.
Thanks given by:
Not every player competitively is an asshole. Its just trashtalk most of the time.

@honor,
Deep burn
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 13, 07:05PM)kleinkariert Wrote: im not searching für demos of specific players, but rather watch tournament demos. sanzo is probs the one i spectate most of the time when hes in it, since i like how he is able to play badass matches with only ARs surrounding him (and not whining about it).

Thanks mate ! Really pleasant to hear things like this :)
Unfortunatly i'm doing really bad nowadays, wait for 1.2, i'll step up my game i swear !
Thanks given by:
I enjoy watching (in CTF, obviously) any player for whom the enemy flag is a magnet; every spawn is a race to get to the flag, regardless of the difficulty or remaining health. I think this is because you can almost feel their relief when it comes off against the odds.
Because I don't play CM's or inters, a lot of the elite players I only ever see in demos, but Benson is probably the person I've enjoyed spectating most, followed by Woolly. I really couldn't say why.
edit: That serenity HS brings back memories, Exo.
Thanks given by:
Carnifex by far. I enjoyed watching wtfisthisgame in pubs as well
Thanks given by:
Dir:program files/assaultcube/bot/bot_names.txt
Thanks given by:
undead
Thanks given by:
Millertime
Thanks given by:
In no particular order:

- Undead
- Waffles
- Sanzo
- Harrek
- Horus
- Redbull
- Milandrag
EDIT: Marti, Krayce, Lucas shotgunning.

I always used to love watch MeLonE, Benson and ech0 play when they were around too.
Thanks given by:
YourSister.
Thanks given by:
Vanquish..., you forgot me with shotgun. ;'-( hehe! <3
EDIT: Thank's <3
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 13, 11:46PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: Vanquish..., you forgot me with shotgun. ;'-( hehe! <3

That's because he has seen me play shotgun ;)
Thanks given by:
I like to watch myself play tbh.

Other players which i think play really uniquely, and thus enjoy watching in demo, include: sanzo, undead, cogu!! and as much as i hate to say it, melone back when he was good.
Thanks given by:
probably MyS players back in the day, Melone, Yoursister and Chris playing together ^^ Or also analpanda / Benson / Chris
Thanks given by:
ElCrema: Extremely aggressive, and accurate. Makes for a lot of "holy shit!" moments. Quickknife master.

Montana: Smooth and relaxed. Tons of headshots. Frenchy.

sanzo: I hate him.

Undead: Hate him.

Everyone else better than me: Hate 'em
Thanks given by:
Xenon for his sick shotgun, and Undead for his sick gema skills in official maps.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 13, 11:46PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: Vanquish..., you forgot me with shotgun. ;'-( hehe! <3

It was reffering to w00p vs HsOs match for the Summer cup, on ac_mines.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 03:20PM)Boomhauer Wrote: sanzo: I hate him.

Meeeh </3
Thanks given by: