facing game lag at 400+ fps
i recently bought a gaming laptop 10 days ago with specs:

i7 core processor 3630QM
16 gb ram
1920 X1080 screen resolution
geforce gtx nvidia 675mx ddr5 4 gb

AC was running all fine until 4 days ago, it started to lag, everything was rough, the game skipped frames, although it still showed 350-480 fps, i lagged as if im using 100 fps or less.

i cannot understand why this is happening, also when i spectate people, my game lag gets worse..... as it my fps is reducing but it still shows 450 fps or so.

all other games such as league of legends run smooth and fine on max settings, everything turned on. AC isn't a very demanding game if compared to league of legends.

i still lag on ac since 4 days. * its not internet lag, my ping is all fine*.

i lag on singleplayer as well as multiplayer.

i googled for solution and i was told to reinstall drivers, update them and reinstall ac. i did all and still nothing happened. i also tried vsyncing and /maxfps 60 or 500. it still didn't work out properly.

some people said my graphics card was too good for ac to handle so i lag, it didn't make sense so i came here to the forum hoping for some help.

any help will be appreciated, thnx in advance.

LE0
Thanks given by:
You could have some unneeded processes/programs running in the background. Try disabling/stopping those and see if that helps. This also includes any anti-virus scans you could have running in the background.
Thanks given by:
nothing is running in the background, even if it is running, 16 gb ram would be enough for it.

only ac is running....
Thanks given by:
How long have you been playing the game for before it started to lag?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read that you got your laptop 10 days ago.

Do you remember installing or editing anything 4-5 days ago that might have an effect?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 02:29AM)Aekom Wrote: How long have you been playing the game for before it started to lag?

(09 Jun 13, 01:47AM)LE0 Wrote: i recently bought a gaming laptop 10 days ago
Thanks given by:
maybe i updated my drivers to 320.18 nvidia control panel i guess.

it just start to lag.... *video lag* please dont say contact ur internet service provider -_-
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like it's your geforce card that's causing trouble. You could try and see if rolling back to the previous version of your driver fixes it, or install the beta driver.
Thanks given by:
I don't lag with this:
-ADM Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
-3,00 GB of Memory RAM
-Windows 7 Home Premium
Thanks given by:
I doubt it's your card or your laptop. If it only happens occasionally it is likely an antivirus or other program auto-updating.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 04:35AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I doubt it's your card or your laptop.
My laptop rulez! :D
Thanks given by:
Update your card driver.
Thanks given by:
Do you play im windowed mode ? I've the same problem when I do it.
Thanks given by:
i play in fullscreen mode, i already said my video card was updated already, then i reversed to an older version, i stilll have that issue/problem.

if it is my card making problems then why don't i lag on other games, why on ac only.
Thanks given by:
You said you installed LoL recently, so you installed (without giving the permission) Pando Media Booster (as know as pmb.exe), this softwares really improves LoL updates, but it's running 24/7 and it often causes errors (open the task manager and go in ressources monitor, then you'll see pmb.exe causing many errors).
Try to uninstall it (pmb.exe) and also check (if you have it installed) MalwareByte, because a recent update was causing many errors and FPS lag spikes.

I don't think this lag comes from your graphic card driver etc... maybe if you installed Fraps (or a true FPS viewer) you can check your real FPS in-game, and while you are in spectating mode?

BTW: AssaultCube is kinda special, it's the only game that "control" my graphic card's settings like that, it's also the only game I get flash-screens (during 1/4 second, I see my desktop, then it comes back to the game and reset my gamma to 100, cause of that I must use a gamma script to maintain the gamma at the value I want...). I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue on this forum, recently I posted the script in a thread about it, and it looked like it was the only way to fix this gamma issue.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 01:39PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...then it comes back to the game and reset my gamma to 100, cause of that I must use a gamma script to maintain the gamma at the value I want...). I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue on this forum, recently I POSTED THE SCRIPT in a thread about it, and it looked like it was the only way to fix this gamma issue...

Would you mind giving me the link please?
thanks
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 03:37PM)EndGame Wrote: Would you mind give me the link please?
thanks

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6240-post...#pid117113

/alias gammafix [gamma 150; sleep 1000 [gamma 149]; sleep 1001 [gammafix]]
Thanks given by:
i reinstalled my windows ( formatted all hard drives ) im still facing game lag.
Thanks given by:
Did you try to change the resolution of your screen ingame ? And try to play in horrible to see if it changes something.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 04:02PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(09 Jun 13, 03:37PM)EndGame Wrote: Would you mind give me the link please?
thanks

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6240-post...#pid117113

/alias gammafix [gamma 150; sleep 1000 [gamma 149]; sleep 1001 [gammafix]]

Thank you very much Exo,

Now, would you be so kind and tell me where I should place that? lolollolololo I'm such an ignorant sorry :-(
Thanks given by:
let me make it clear what i mean by LAG

the game skips frames and when i spectate other people, it skips frames more often. This is terrible and i can't play like this.

fps is usually high, i tried lowering settings, reinstalling windows, drivers, updating, downgrading drivers, reinstalling game. drivers. almost everything,

turned off antivirus and other programs running in the background.

computer specs

nvidia 675mx 4 gb
16 gb ram
120 SSD 750 HDD
1920 X 1080 screen res
i7 core processor intel, 3630 QM

any idea what the problem is?
Thanks given by:
Write it in-game and bind it like that:
/bind KEY [gammafix]
Press the kay you picked at the start of each maps. Don't add it in addonloadalways, you may be in need to use the basic gamma value sometimes (I.e. in map editing).
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 13, 01:19AM)LE0 Wrote: ...

It's not very likely but because you were able to play with no issues 5 days ago, could it just be faulty hardware?

Have you over/underclocked your GPU or CPU at all? Have you tried messing around with settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, most importantly v-sync?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 13, 09:09AM)Aekom Wrote: Have you over/underclocked your GPU or CPU at all? Have you tried messing around with settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, most importantly v-sync?

I hope he didn't because:
-no actual game requiers a so strong basic config
-it's useless for AC and LoL, even if you stream and resize yourself, etc

did he try to turn off triple-buffering (because it affects vsync)
Thanks given by:
yes i never overclocked my computer and as far as triple buffering is concerned, i tried turning it on and off, both. this is not the reason of skip frames.

i found a virus Webcam 3.00. i uninstalled windows, formatted hard drives, i want to know if i still ahve that virus, how do i know?>

ofc i hv used antiviruses like avg, avast, avira, malwarebytes etc but they say i hv no virus anymore. what is the reason of skipframes still?
Thanks given by:
I don't know what else to suggest really.

You should have a read of this though: http://modcrash.com/nvidia-display-drive...bUpL_nD68p
Thanks given by:
how do i check if my gpu is working properly or if its damaged or something
Thanks given by:
Well assuming that you're talking to me through your laptop, I'm sure it's fine.

There's a guide on the article that shows you how to fully remove 320.18 from your system and install the previous one. Follow this.
Thanks given by:
Hey Leo,

I've experienced such thing myself too, lately. Though not with AC but with battelfield 3, after updating to the latest Nvidia driver for my geforce gtx 560ti graphics card. The new tools that came with it fixed most of the issue, though it's not usable for AC...

You say you reinstalled windows. Did you stick too the 'old' graphics driver since or did it update again already? I'd bet the problems will disappear once you're get back on the first driver.

Oh, just saw the link up there.
Thanks Aekom!
Thanks given by:
aokem, i do not the latest drivers atm, i downloaded nvidia drivers from the driver cd, its 304.something version. its a very old one, i dont wanna update to the new drivers atm, i tried updating it before but it didnt help.

while reinstalling my windows, i did format all hard disks.

oh yeah between i didn't tell you guys about this. i installed malware bytes anti malware software.

it says this.

Malwarebytes has Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

port= it changes
ip: it changes too imo.

process: ac_client.exe

ac client is ofc assaultcube. the top up shows up on the bottom right of my screen

i installed avg antivirus and ran a scan, the pro version, it didnt show any virus, i scanned with avast, it didnt show any virus, ofc i installed and ran 1 scan at a time after reinstalling the windows. i ran ccleaner and malwarebytes, it didnt show any virus.. zzzzz.

but i still LAG NOT INTERNET LAG, i skip frames, gameplay is rough, when i spectate other guys, i lag terribly, it's not really playable or an enjoyable experience.

please help me guys..... i really miss playing AC!
Thanks given by:
- Try to set video setting at "medium" / "good" or..."horrible"! and switch between them to see what happen ingame.
- Change Assault Cube screen resolution or/and your desktop screen resolution (1280*1024 or 1024*768).
- If you reinstalled your pc, you MUST update every drivers, click here to check it.

Anyway, i hope you will find a solution soon.
Thanks given by: