Opinion of Gateway?
Any opinions?

My dad pick laptop for me without my review ( Jesus. )
Thanks given by:
Haha, good luck. Sell it and buy a Thinkpad.
Thanks given by:
Take a baseball bat and beat him.
Thanks given by:
Model/Specs? :D

Gateway was bigger in the late 90's/early 2000's, Acer owns them now. For AC & Minecraft, should be fine though.
Thanks given by:
I've had a 17.3" gateway laptop NV78 for over 3 yrs now and it has worked flawlessly....not a single problem. I play Ac on it no probs.
Thanks given by:
A Gateway computer with the same exact specs as a Dell computer of the same generation at the same in store price was considerably slower. Don't ask me why, it just was.

Comparing to Dell because at the time it was the only computer with the same specs. Not to mention to all you Dell haters, it took my computer 7 years of 24/7 being on to die. Beat that :P
Thanks given by:
You had a computer with 153,000+ hours of uptime.
u wot m8.
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem till it got wet in the back of my van driving from Florida to Jersey. I had my T-1616 for almost 5 yrs and replaced the HD once when I dropped it, and customer support actually helped unlike Dell for my mothers PC.
Thanks given by:
Dell4Lyfe
Thanks given by:
^ this
Thanks given by:
vaio
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 13, 12:06AM)Cemer Wrote: vaio

Thats what I's gots now
Thanks given by:
Gateway is crap. I would get a toshiba or a macbook air/pro for a laptop if i were u and sell that gateway. I have a toshiba laptop that never had problems.
Thanks given by:
IMO the 2 best laptops atm are from DELL and ASUS
Thanks given by:
Actually, I got 500 fps on AssaultCube and about 100 fps on MineCraft.

This is not bad at all :D

Gateway laptop ID : NE56R49u

I am also thinking about building my own computer from scratch starting this fall on my birthday.
Thanks given by:
did u wipe it so u didnt have to deal with bloatware?
Thanks given by:
Specs.
Bugboy's reaction to it running AC/MC very smoothly.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, this machine is comparable to a Mac mini (2013).
IIRC Intel HD 4000 is the same gfx card a mac mini do use, so it is a *very* decent card. You should get more fps on AC (like the double or so).
I'd say is a good machine, it depends on the intended use of course, for gaming I'd say is in the mid-low range.

Edit: You should be able to run FarCry 3, at medium setting sand be completely playable witth the Intel HD 4000, I dare to say.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 13, 07:28PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: IIRC Intel HD 4000 is the same gfx card a mac mini do use, so it is a *very* decent card.

This graphic card is the same you can find in any laptop wich don't have a 2nd (stronger) graphic card, it's "decent" but it's not made to play games, my intel HD 4000 is not enough to play MC with good settings, so i must use my 2nd graphic card.
Plus a I3 processor, huh. I really wonder how it smooth on MC with these configs :p
Thanks given by:
I3 is really not that bad. Id be more concerned with the integrated graphics and the rpms of the harddrive. Although all these components when new will run quite smoothly. I use an i3 on my custom machine (iwas poor when i built it) and it's more than fine for most games
Thanks given by:
WQaffles is corrdct I had ADM, which was on its own. I would hug your dad if you were me. J/K. It is a lap top though and UT3 SHOULD RUN SMOOTH ;)
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 13, 05:15PM)Nightmare Wrote: Specs.
Bugboy's reaction to it running AC/MC very smoothly.

Mine has 4gb ddr ram....non-expandable, thats the only thing i wish I could upgrade...8gb's would be nice. I use USB sticks in a usb hub to increase ready boost which helps. but more ddr ram would be nice.
Thanks given by:
My dad also decided to expand my memory to 8GB :D
Thanks given by:
still not as much as my laptop. It has 10GB ram :3
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 08:56PM)Jg99 Wrote: still not as much as my laptop. It has 10GB ram :3

My grand-ma wins, she has 16gb (nojoke), enough for checking her mails and share some powerpoints.
Thanks given by:
Gateway is still being made 0.o
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 13, 12:31AM)Money$hot Wrote: I've had a 17.3" gateway laptop NV78 for over 3 yrs now and it has worked flawlessly....not a single problem. I play Ac on it no probs.

(27 Jun 13, 01:07AM)Gamerlives Wrote: Gateway is still being made 0.o

Considering you posted earlier in the thread and the topic is of a new Gateway....
Thanks given by: