Poll: Which would you take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0.6% dropped hits at 100fps
94.74%
18 94.74%
6.4% dropped hits at 125fps
5.26%
1 5.26%
14.9% dropped hits at 200fps
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FPS/Hit Drop Equalibrium
(06 Jun 13, 12:27AM)fundog Wrote: ping does definitly not affect hitdrop, unless there is written LAG, which is logic, because the player can't send (or recieve) any informations at this moment properly (similar salutation) whatever this does lead to

This.

Also, jpablon: the fire rate measured client side has no value.
what counts is what the server sees. The values client side will probably be worse but they are not meaningful.
EDIT: unless the messages appearing in your client logs were thrown by the server
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 13, 12:27AM)fundog Wrote: ping does definitly not affect hitdrop, unless there is written LAG, which is logic, because the player can't send (or recieve) any informations at this moment properly (similar salutation) whatever this does lead to

Er, what?

What if the first packet does not get to the server as fast as second packet, that will make the second packet get dropped because the time between them is less than the fire rate.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 06:08PM)Luc@s Wrote: ...they are still running with the anticheat - which is not the case of any other server...
*ahem* All my pub and private servers are hit-drop-fixed with ACAC. :)
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 12:37AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: What if the first packet does not get to the server as fast as second packet, that will make the second packet get dropped because the time between them is less than the fire rate.

Especially with ping spikes, but does the server take in account your lag?
Thanks given by:
@lucas and jamz,

Why not share the binaries with the hitreg fix and ACAC included?
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 13, 10:02AM)jamz Wrote:
(05 Jun 13, 06:08PM)Luc@s Wrote: ...they are still running with the anticheat - which is not the case of any other server...
*ahem* All my pub and private servers are hit-drop-fixed with ACAC. :)
ooops sorry :s
good thing to know then :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 13, 03:58PM)Aekom Wrote: Why not share the binaries with the hitreg fix and ACAC included?
I honestly never thought of this.
Thanks given by:
DO EET
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 13, 09:37PM)jamz Wrote:
(13 Jun 13, 03:58PM)Aekom Wrote: Why not share the binaries with the hitreg fix and ACAC included?
I honestly never thought of this.

Don't share anti-cheat sources, omg!
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 12:37AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: What if the first packet does not get to the server as fast as second packet, that will make the second packet get dropped because the time between them is less than the fire rate.
I was trying to said the same. <3

Luc@s, I got the firing rate using the demo file (.dmo) which is basically what the server sees.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 12:37AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

Er, what?

What if the first packet does not get to the server as fast as second packet, that will make the second packet get dropped because the time between them is less than the fire rate.
ping does not affect drop
doesn't mean pj spikes don't
Thanks given by:
pj > 50, this means your are losing (at least) one info packet every five
Thanks given by: