Poll: Which would you take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0.6% dropped hits at 100fps
94.74%
18 94.74%
6.4% dropped hits at 125fps
5.26%
1 5.26%
14.9% dropped hits at 200fps
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FPS/Hit Drop Equalibrium
So I was recently told in game that there is a method to get rid of unhits by capping fps. The problem is, I don't know what to cap mine at. Can anybody with experience help me?
Thanks given by:
If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a multiple of 25.
The command is /maxfps n
Cap it at a number that remains stable while you play.
Thanks given by:
I think that if you go on /connect ac.fd.tc you can know your unhit by taping !unhits then you can reduce a bit your fps to see what happen.
Thanks given by:
For me everything below 125 can be set as stable and from 125 and above only 200 is stable:D
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 10:09PM)|HP| Wrote: For me everything below 125 can be set as stable and from 125 and above only 200 is stable:D

Unless i'm mistaken, that's just a glitch in the AC FPS counter. I've found that having the numbers flicker doesn't seem to effect hits and if you use fraps, you can see that the fps is stable despite what the AC fps counter shows.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 09:45PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a multiple of 25.

Should you clap your hands 3 times too? :D
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 10:37PM)BigGunZ Wrote:
(04 Jun 13, 10:09PM)|HP| Wrote: For me everything...

Unless i'm mistaken, that's just a glitch in the AC FPS counter. I've found...

not sure i just did quick test

on 80 i have 13% unhits
on 125 0%
and
on 200 % 0 (sometimes 1%)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 10:48PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(04 Jun 13, 09:45PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a multiple of 25.

¡Hey macarena!
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 11:17PM)|HP| Wrote: on 200 % 0 (sometimes 1%)

I don't know how to test it so, please test with "/maxfps 201".
Because it looks like drop value is highter just when your FPS is low (more logic than this "25" rule, or maybe this rule comes from smg/ar shots frequencies to avoid fastburst? idk)

EDIT: Anyway, I often play with this exact 200 fps, and I still have huge hit drops, on fixed servers, on non-fixed servers (and i almost don't see the difference), when my 4 first SMG bullets (when the spread is at lower values) are not counting, I know there is a problem.

(04 Jun 13, 11:32PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ¡Hey macarena!

Aiiiight
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 10:48PM).ExodusS* Wrote:

i lol'd pretty hard at this

so i went on /ac.fd.tc as $t4R W4r5 suggested and found that i get about .6% dropped hits with 100 fps, 6.4% dropped hits with 125, and 14.9% dropped hits with 200fps (each sample size was 200 shots or over)

which would you take? (made poll above)

which is more advantageous in AC? fps or no dropped hits? or maybe a balance of both?
Thanks given by:
if you're pubbing, it's good to remember most players won't know about the issue, and also that the issue is fixed in the next release.

if you're playing privately, i'd take the hit registration over frames any day (within reason). That being said, most servers nowadays are "fixed," but unfortunately, all the servers that had the fix applied by larry are gone. not to say other people don't do it right, but the servers done by larry i could count on on being done correctly without a doubt.

some servers feel strange, some days the game can feel different than others. it's a mathematical problem, but a human is incapable of knowing constantly whether he/she is getting drops or not. The best advice i have is to play the game for fun, and enjoy it's many-faceted aspects rather than worrying constantly about .6% drops until the new release.
Thanks given by:
I don't really care about the FPS as long as it's smooth and with as little dropped hits as possible. Pretty sure any FPS above 60 you won't notice a difference (unless your monitor supports a 120Hz refresh rate I guess).
Thanks given by:
so i did a bit more fps/hit drop testing and i found something weird.

when i had 100fps max i had 1% dropped shots
when i had 200fps max i had 9% dropped shots
when i had 300fps max i had 8% dropped shots

however, when i had 80fps max i had 25% dropped shots
when i had 110fps max i had 28% dropped shots

are these statistics accurate? BigGunZ mentioned a glitch in the hit counter. is this it?
Thanks given by:
75 fps = stable 0 hitdrop for you MerCyKiL on fixed servers
175 fps = stable 0 Hitdrop for you HP on fixed servers

BigGunZ was talking about a flickering in the number of fps ingame shown +/- 1, which is not meant as unstable

"all the servers that had the fix applied by larry are gone."

except these, which still run :

/connect ac.fd.tc
/connect ac.fd.tc 22222
/connect ac.fd.tc 33333
/connect ac.fd.tc 44444 (for acwc client)

use the command !unhits
Thanks given by:
The whole Bob ladder is hit fixed.
My servers are hit fixed.

(and surely other :) )
Thanks given by:
We are talking about the fix from Larry

"all the servers that had the fix applied by larry are gone. not to say other people don't do it right, but the servers done by larry i could count on on being done correctly without a doubt."
Thanks given by:
Ok, but does it really matter who's servers it are?
If you apply this patch, you don't have to worry anymore? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4402-post...l#pid78550
Thanks given by:
I don't even know what dropped bullets means.
Plot twist: Snipaaaar
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 02:05AM)Waffles Wrote: unfortunately, all the servers that had the fix applied by larry are gone

I honeslty didn't see the changes applied to those servers (legacys/mys), and the only real change I can see is from the new public w00p server, there is a huge difference (and the private server, wich lucas told me was exactly the same, is dropping hits...).

(05 Jun 13, 02:05AM)Waffles Wrote: enjoy it's many-faceted aspects rather than worrying constantly about .6% drops until the new release

Lol, maybe 6% for you, but some players are constantly reaching the 30% hit drops, and we can conclude he must hit 30% more bullets than an equal skilled opponent... so 9+ bullets if no kevlar, lol

And Larry's servers are creating random and annoying lags, I remember we played 2v2 on this new fixed server with ech0, and both of us had around 70 ping at the first round, then 350+ on the second one...(this never happened on non fixed servers). This is not the only time I experienced this.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 05:59AM)fundog Wrote: 75 fps = stable 0 hitdrop for you MerCyKiL on fixed servers
175 fps = stable 0 Hitdrop for you HP on fixed servers

175 is indeed flickering
but 0 unhits
thx
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 09:31AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Lol, maybe 6% for you, but some players are constantly reaching the 30% hit drops, and we can conclude he must hit 30% more bullets than an equal skilled opponent... so 9+ bullets if no kevlar, lol

I had that problem until I finally hit my computer's 'sweet spot'. 100 fps. Anything above or below goes to shit. :\ But hey, 0% drops! :D
Thanks given by:
@Exoduss : because the community really wants the patch to be applied, my servers (e.i. all 6 gaia servers) are hit reg fixed (they have been for a couple of days now, and i know you have played on them when they were fixed).
However, they are still running with the anticheat - which is not the case of any other server. (in a a way which avoids hit drops).
So, as it was said in the thread, our "feelings" aren't reliable.

I had collected more accurate datas about hit drops recently, i'll try to sort them asap.
Thanks given by:
As i noticed, the French have one provider with absolutly bad routings, while some other French (using another Provider) are totally fine. (just as semi valuable information) I can notice that so well, because Switzerland is the neighbor country, and the differences between them are significant.
Thanks given by:
Must be "Free" right ?
(it's my ISP, and also exoduss. It's well known if french for the restrictions they set up)
Thanks given by:
Here are my results :

[Image: 964db113830c873a2486c8f21db81059ef05f9c0.jpg]

(The lines don't really make sense but i printed them to make the graph easier to read)
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 08:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Here are my results :

(The lines don't really make sense but i printed them to make the graph easier to read)

If you have a stable ping there is not problem at all but when you have a high and unstable ping (jitter) the percent of drops will be increased because the shot messages are suposed to be reliables and will arrive to the server at any time.

Here is an example of that (line 1192) , SA=Furios was firing at a rate of fire of 0ms, obviously that was caused by the lag.
Thanks given by:
ping does definitly not affect hitdrop, unless there is written LAG, which is logic, because the player can't send (or recieve) any informations at this moment properly (similar salutation) whatever this does lead to
Thanks given by:
maybe i shouldn't /maxfps 1000
Thanks given by:
I use /maxfps 1000

Is that actually bad?
Thanks given by:
Nope, it shouldn't be as long as the FPS is constant at 1000.

I have /maxfps 500 since FPS goes down to around 550 if I look at a certain direction and stand at a certain spot in ac_power.. :D
Thanks given by: