AC_Chillout by MykeGregory (BETA)
Here we go, My first playable map released here..

I will consider this map still in Beta for the time being because I have not really shown it to anyone.
It is a remake of one of my favourite maps from Halo: CE.. Chillout.

I present to you..
dude, You really need to...
ac_Chillout (V1.0)

[Image: acchillout.jpg]

It features the same Layout as the original map (obviously), made room by room to closely match the original as best as i could.
The weapon/Pickup placements are based on the original map with some tweaks to suit AC's gameplay (Weapons replaced with ammo, and rockets replaced with Akimbo) This also includes flags and spawns.
This map is designed for FFA Game types (Free for all) but very easily supports low player team and flag based game types (5v5 TDM, CTF, HTF, KTF etc.)
If you are unfamiliar with how this map looks HERE IS A VIDEO of some gameplay
So PLEASE give it a go guys, DOWNLOAD it, play it if you can and tell me what you think.. Thanks

EDIT: Additional notes
Thanks given by:
Bump? :(
Thanks given by:
I've seen this on the Pi_ website (a few months ago). Nice map for a beta. Though if you really want the map to feel even more like the original, I'd suggest using custom content.
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 06:50PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: I've seen this on the Pi_ website (a few months ago). Nice map for a beta. Though if you really want the map to feel even more like the original, I'd suggest using custom content.
Yeah, its been 'out there' for a while.

As for custom content, I was wanting to use the regular AC textures to get more of an AssaultCube feel to it..
Thanks given by:
You're right about the textures being a little problem Myke, I'd suggest using a texture on the walls that is much lighter/looks closer to white or gray, and then using light purple lights. That'd probably give it more of a similar atmosphere. Also, take a look at the curved stair case, and maybe rework it, the cube engine can't handle circles or anything, but it would look just as good with flat corners.
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 07:00PM)Z3R0 Wrote: You're right about the textures being a little problem Myke, I'd suggest using a texture on the walls that is much lighter/looks closer to white or gray, and then using light purple lights. That'd probably give it more of a similar atmosphere. Also, take a look at the curved stair case, and maybe rework it, the cube engine can't handle circles or anything, but it would look just as good with flat corners.

PURPLE FREAKING LIGHTS! Why didn't I think of that!
Sweet..
About the curved stairs was meant to be a ramp anyway, and i found it very difficult to level it with messing up ceilings and other nearby angled walls.
Thanks given by:
You also can use some mapmodel's textures as map textures, like that you'll have some soft white textures (even more soft than snow textures) for walls without imposing players to download custom contents.
Thanks given by:
Thanks .ExodusS*
Does anyone have feedback on gameplay at all?
Anything you would add / take away?
EDIT:
(29 May 13, 08:28PM).ExodusS* Wrote: You also can use some mapmodel's textures as map textures...

How do I do that?
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 11:04PM)MykeGregory Wrote: How do I do that?

With the .cfg you can add textures from another files, like that cou can use mapmodel's textures as textures, but sometimes there are bugs, the texture only appears as a single colour texture, like that you can get some 100% white textures, brown etc...
It's a good optimisation of the game, and like that you can use any picture of the game (the AC logo or the server fav heart lol) and that allows you to use new wood textures (there is a pine tree with a nice wood texture), metalic etc... And without forcing players to download stuffs (wich reduce the number of players by ~99% lol).

Of course this use will be useless on the next release because of the autopackager/downloader.

BTW: I should show you ac_troll :3
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 11:04PM)MykeGregory Wrote: How do I do that?

[Image: tumblr_mndagyHB6R1rhezvyo1_500.jpg]

will dl the map later today and play it a bit :)
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 13, 03:49PM)Marti Wrote: ...will dl the map later today and play it a bit :)

Thanks, tell me what you think..
Thanks given by:
CLA base can't be entered from the bottom level ?

oh and i dislike the big thing in RVSF base which is blocking the view of half of the base
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 13, 09:00PM)Marti Wrote: CLA base can't be entered from the bottom level ?

oh and i dislike the big thing in RVSF base which is blocking the view of half of the base
I have added a way but its sly..
You have to jump onto the 'teleporter' then onto the broken bridge..

It was based on original layout. Thats sort of what you have to deal with on the original map.. lol
Thanks given by: