Bastille, French Revolution by MathiasB
An Assault Cube map about the French Revolution. Shoot your enemy in the narrow streets of ancient Paris!

[Image: Bastille-1024x640.png]

This project started as a map for the history mapping contest. After mapping a bit I found out that making Paris with 'La Bastille' wasn't something good for the cube engine and the official AC content.

The result is far away from a good entry for the competition, but I wanted to share this map with you!

Download and additional images: http://denbeke.be/blog/bastille-by-mathiasb/
Thanks given by:
so you're not going to participate ? :'(
Thanks given by:
^I think it is his entry (he referenced to one in the contest thread), but he doesn't think it's a "good one" (although it looks decent to me).
Thanks given by:
Played it with you a couple weeks ago, was pretty fun. The layout felt different enough to be exciting. It's not just ac_mines all over again, like half the official maps.
Thanks given by:
This is NOT my entry, my entry is something different...
More information will follow :)
Thanks given by:
Hey bro, good map :)
Thanks given by:
Nice map Mathias!
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 07:11AM)MathiasB Wrote: This is NOT my entry, my entry is something different...
More information will follow :)

Ah cool :)
Thanks given by:
this does not look like gaul at all.
0/10
Thanks given by:
Say that again please. Don't understand what you're saying...
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 06:39AM)MathiasB Wrote: Say that again please. Don't understand what you're saying...
[Image: gaul0.gif]
He means he doesn't think your map looks like it's from that region.
Thanks given by:
Well, then he should really pick up a history book and read about 'The French Revolution', which has nothing to do with gauls...
Thanks given by:
you both have autism

(25 May 13, 09:00PM)MathiasB Wrote: Shoot your enemy in the narrow streets of ancient Paris!

i had no idea the french revolution occured in antiquity.
Thanks given by:
French revolution is in 1789...
And tell me why I have autism?
Thanks given by:
At the risk of bringing this thread back on topic, I'm having trouble downloading the link.

EDIT: Nevermind...noscript was doing all kinds of crazy for a sec there.
Thanks given by:
Undead where's your map contest entry bruv?
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 08:17AM)Undead Wrote: i had no idea the french revolution occured in antiquity.
It'd be safe to say the 18th century was an ancient age.

(28 May 13, 04:46AM)Undead Wrote: this does not look like gaul at all.
0/10
Seeing as Gaul existed in the Iron age and Roman era, about a millenium before the French Revolution, I don't think that's an issue.
Thanks given by:
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
really? 1789 is ancient?

are the romans prehistoric?
Thanks given by:
yes
Thanks given by:
Funny, Gauls ("les Gaulois" or "la Gaule") have nothing to do with the French revolution.
There were no plywood to make box like this in 1789 too.
Btw: yes there were "this bridge" (cube engine version) near the Bastille.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 10:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote: There were no plywood to make box like this in 1789 too.

True, but if you don't put boxes in your map, it's just too empty...
My ac_agora is in Roman age and I've also put boxes there.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 13, 08:18PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(28 May 13, 08:17AM)Undead Wrote: i had no idea the french revolution occured in antiquity.

are you fucking stupid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquity

educate yourself
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 08:33AM)Undead Wrote:
(28 May 13, 08:18PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:

are you fucking stupid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquity

educate yourself

Or start with a history book you have in comprehensive school.
Thanks given by:
[Image: public.php?service=files&t=6cc4d0d38eab1...a&download]

Ancient is not always from the Antiquity.
Second thing, I'm not native English and if you guys want to correct me on such details, then just go learn 3 other languages and come back to talk with me...
Thanks given by:
That's just a misunderstanding ...

(28 May 13, 08:17AM)Undead Wrote: you both have autism

(25 May 13, 09:00PM)MathiasB Wrote: Shoot your enemy in the narrow streets of ancient Paris!

i had no idea the french revolution occured in antiquity.

By ancient MathiasB meant the old paris, before the changes made by haussmann. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haussmann%2...n_of_Paris
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 08:58AM)MathiasB Wrote: [Image: public.php?service=files&t=6cc4d0d38eab1...a&download]

Second thing, I'm not native English and if you guys want to correct me on such details, then just go learn 3 other languages and come back to talk with me...

ok.
you really won't let up on this, so let me explain it really carefully and slowly, as someone with a keen interest in history and perfect command of the english language.

when you're referring to something as ancient with regard to history, it refers to the time prior to the fall of the roman empire. paris was around in antiquity too, so ancient paris could refer to roman/celtic paris. ~200 years ago isn't classified as ancient, sorry. ancient != old
Thanks given by:
(29 May 13, 01:15PM)Undead Wrote:
(29 May 13, 08:58AM)MathiasB Wrote: [Image: public.php?service=files&t=6cc4d0d38eab1...a&download]

ok.
you really won't let up on this, so let me explain it really carefully and slowly, as someone with a keen interest in history and perfect command of the english language.

when you're referring to something as ancient with regard to history, it refers to the time prior to the fall of the roman empire. paris was around in antiquity too, so ancient paris could refer to roman/celtic paris. ~200 years ago isn't classified as ancient, sorry. ancient != old

[Image: fuck-insects-sex-bugs--485x728.jpg]

( http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enculer_les_mouches )
Thanks given by:
Hahahahaha, it's the same in Dutch.
Thanks given by:
your link doesn't work, but i'm guessing from your wikipedia link that you're trying to make a point of me "nitpicking".

i wouldn't have to explain everything if mathias would have just let up after i called him an autist. this is why i never bother explaining everything in full.
Thanks given by: