Poll: Which Languages Do You Speak?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mandarin
1.69%
3 1.69%
Spanish
10.17%
18 10.17%
English
28.81%
51 28.81%
Hindi
1.13%
2 1.13%
Arabic
2.26%
4 2.26%
Portuguese
6.21%
11 6.21%
Bengali
1.69%
3 1.69%
Russian
3.95%
7 3.95%
Japanese
1.69%
3 1.69%
Punjabi
1.13%
2 1.13%
German
5.65%
10 5.65%
Wu
1.13%
2 1.13%
Indonesian
1.13%
2 1.13%
Telugu
1.13%
2 1.13%
Vietnamese
1.13%
2 1.13%
Korean
1.13%
2 1.13%
French
12.43%
22 12.43%
Marathi
1.13%
2 1.13%
Tamil
1.13%
2 1.13%
Italian
2.26%
4 2.26%
Other(s)
12.99%
23 12.99%
Total 177 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Languages
Since the discussion got booted off of the quotes thread.
What languages does everyone speak, even somewhat fluently?
And to resolve Wolf's question.

(25 May 13, 08:20AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(25 May 13, 01:46AM)Nightmare Wrote: Another thing for the French. English objects aren't him/her like in French.
The AC AR for example.
AR is just an object, so 'it', not 'he'.
He is overpowered.
It is overpowered.
I don't understand your post. You're saying in French people refer to objects by he/she, or what exactly?
Yes, most/all things are masculine or feminine
le croissant - croissant <-- masculine by the 'le'
la farine - flour <-- feminine by the 'la'

I see exoduss and others calling objects 'he' sometimes, so wanted to point that out.

Thanks given by:
SCHMETTERLING!!

No but srsly, you have all these shitty languages, but you don't have dutch :s
Thanks given by:
Ashamedly, like most other English people, the only language I speak fluently is...English. Does the poll include languages we're semi-fluent in? Only asking because Marti stated he could speak French, when in reality all he can say is "la vache qui rit".

Interesting thread btw.
Thanks given by:
@ Marti. Took the Top 20(excluding one which is 'unofficial') most used languages going by wikipedia. Or something similar to that...
The 'other' category can be dutch. ;)

@ Vanquish. semi-fluent, yes. If you think you can walk into a country and not look completely crazy speaking it, then F1. Probably not for Marti's case. xD
Thanks given by:
Englishhhh
Thanks given by:
Latin.

Salvete.
Thanks given by:
Where is Klingon?
Thanks given by:
Nur ein bisschen Deutsch :S

(25 May 13, 03:24PM)Nightmare Wrote: Yes, most/all things are masculine or feminine
le croissant - croissant <-- masculine by the 'le'
la farine - flour <-- feminine by the 'la'
I think it's the same as Spanish. Referring to words by their gender (masculine, feminine, etc) is used in various languages - La casa, das Haus, la maison, a casa, and some other languages. Though that's different from referring to objects by he/she. Let's say you are speaking about a pen, AFAIK there are less languages that in that context that would refer to the pen as a he/she, rather than an "it".
Thanks given by:
*you forgot Italian*

* Andrez heavily facepalms
Thanks given by:
Fluent in English and another in "Other(s)"
Thanks given by:
Vanquish, im not retarded, i have had 4 years of french in school and went there like 10 times, i can save myself in france. The 'la vache qui rit' part is just a joke lol
Thanks given by:
My native language is spanish, i speak english, french (sometimes), i bit of portuguese and now, i want to speak german and italian
Thanks given by:
Well apparently according to the polls, Shad is multilingual lol.
Thanks given by:
Shad for pope
Thanks given by:
I speak
- fluently: Dutch, English and French
- a bit of German
- enough to command a pizza: Italian :)

And I can read Latin :p
Thanks given by:
I only speak Russian, and I think Shad understands me :)
sometimes is enough for communication power of thought :lolz

P.S looked voting results,Shad is ShadowFlamez,not a big confusion with names,but the result is all true :D
Thanks given by:
English, English, and English.
For me to talk to everyone in the world, I'd have to know every language in the world. For everyone in the world to talk to me, they only have to know English ;)
Thanks given by:
3. Good enough.
Thanks given by:
So now Italian is added, but i still dont see Dutch..

Inb4 Andrez added Italian
Thanks given by:
Italian wasn't in the top 20 natively speoken languages, and it had about 0.90% of the world population using it as a native language, going by wiki. That's why it wasn't there at first. :3
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 03:32PM)Nightmare Wrote: Italian wasn't in the top 20 natively speoken languages, and it had about 0.90% of the world population using it as a native language, going by wiki. That's why it wasn't there at first. :3
Wikipedia is not AC lol
See how many guys around speak Portuguese, and see many speak Hindi...
Thanks given by:
(25 May 13, 06:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Latin.

Salvete.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 13, 07:02AM)Misty Wrote: Shad for pope

Seeing that my mod presidential campaign didn't go as planned...

#Shad2013

(26 May 13, 06:19AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Well apparently according to the polls, Shad is multilingual lol.

And you seem surprised why? :>

Ey, who's that xemi-nub trying to pretend he speaks all languages? >:|
Thanks given by:
wouldve been more fun if u selected them all but english, but well..
Thanks given by:
i speak multiple languages with extreme fluency.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 13, 03:52PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Marti stated he could speak French, when in reality all he can say is "la vache qui rit".

ahaha, so true :3

(25 May 13, 03:52PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Ashamedly, like most other English people, the only language I speak fluently is...English.

Indeed... In France we get to speak 2 foreign languages, english during 7+ years and a secondary language (spanish, german, italian...) for 5 years.

I actually learnt to understand & speak portuguese thanks to brazilian & portuguese people in AC actually (ty BOPE kkkkkkk).
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 09:19AM)DamDam Wrote: Indeed... In France we get to speak 2 foreign languages, english during 7+ years and a secondary language (spanish, german, italian...) for 5 years.

And after 7 years most of you have still a horrible accent :)
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 09:26AM)MathiasB Wrote: And after 7 years most of you have still a horrible accent :)

Haha, it's true that french accent is quite easy to recognize and most frenchies speak a horrible english :P
But well most of the english lessons here are reading, listening & writing. We (or at least I) barely ever had long conversations in english classes, so it's like we understand english quite good, it's just harder to speak it :)
But after some practice, I personally managed to "erase" my frrrrenchie accent :D
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 09:26AM)MathiasB Wrote: And after 7 years most of you have still a horrible accent :)

In france, language teaching is bullshit. But IMO the accent is not very important since UK, USA, AUS, CAN etc all have their own accent.
Thanks given by:
And since UK and USA don't speak one word of another language...
Thanks given by: