[HELP] The overall ceil height is too high
Hey guys, I have creat some map but cant host it! I'm start my server and get this:
read 3 map rotation entries from 'config\maprot.cfg'
MAP CHECK FAIL: The overall ceil height is too high (0 cubes)
maprot error: map 'Stupid-City' does not satisfy some basic requirements
ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unusable

Help me! I'm sure my map have verry low ceil, it's lower than TwinTower map!
Thanks given by:
insert meme "overall ceiling height is too damn high."

but seriously, lower your ceilings
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube fatal error: map 'Stupid-City' does not satisfy some basic mapname requirements. Please verify author's sanity
Thanks given by:
No!No, map name doesn't matter, my map ceil is LOW, if u throw geranade, it's will touch the sky!
If need, i will send u my map files...
Also, basic requirements is deleted on WIKI !
Thanks given by:
(18 May 13, 07:11AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: it's lower than TwinTower map!

Twintowers are tricky maps, the average high you can see is not the real average high of the map, mappers created many hidden rooms with a huge surface and 1 cube high, like that the average is far lower than what you think.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to guess that its one large open map with ma value around 50,000
Try adding solid walls (select area and press F), when ma is under 10,000 then you can worry about height.
Thanks given by:
ExodusS*, can u show me that trick?
[SODA]___ME___, I using normal map 256X256 size, i'm already use F to add soild wall, but that still not work !

Here u guys, Link to my map!
http://www.mediafire.com/?452n886zkhad5gf
Open it and find what happend. That map is play good but can creat server with that map...
Thanks given by:
Besides the height you should really worry about WQD.... It doesn't get lower than 12-13000.....
Thanks given by:
(18 May 13, 03:38PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: ExodusS*, can u show me that trick?

I will not show you how to make crap maps, even if I hate this map restriction shit, using this trick just means the map is reall really too far from what the cube engine can handle.
Thanks given by:
(18 May 13, 08:53PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(18 May 13, 03:38PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: ExodusS*, can u show me that trick?
I will not show you how to make crap maps...
Thank you!
Thanks given by:
so why they still creat tall map like that twintower? Headshot city is tall, too...
If cube engine cant creat Twintower, so how they make it ?!?!?!
Andrez, What is WQD ?!
Thanks given by:
(19 May 13, 07:08AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: so why they still creat tall map like that twintower? Headshot city is tall, too...
If cube engine cant creat Twintower, so how they make it ?!?!?!
Andrez, What is WQD ?!
Your first question is already answered in Exoduss's post.
Thanks given by:
-DIE Wolf- Don't take this badly but no one can start mapping ignoring the basics, like no clue of what WQD means...

Please take a little time and read THIS thoroughly before hitting the 'e' key again.
Thanks given by:
(19 May 13, 07:08AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: If cube engine cant creat Twintower, so how they make it ?!?!?!

I didn't say it can't create, I said the cube engine could not handle those maps, maybe your computer is powerfull enough to generate the map without any lag, but I'm sure many players can't play those maps because of heavy lag issues.
Those headshot-city mappers are not aware of the actual situations (megatowers' mapper was aware since the mapping quality was kinda high, this map isn't made by a newcommer, it's obvious), they are just making some uber open maps, another mapper add some walls, mapmodels, a 3rd mapper rename it and add secret ways... This remind me the famous "Headshot_city_NOW_WITH_LADDERS_!!!!!!".
Noob maps went in that way:
desert>ezjemville>headshotcity/twintowers>douze>megatowers>camper@camper.
Of course we can not stop this, but we (mappers) can stop making worse maps than the previous one.
But IMO, headshotcity and ezjemville were far better than camper@sniper.
Thanks given by:
Bla..bla..bla, Maybe is rearly lag but that is not my proplem, My proplem is if u put Twintower,Headshot city to maprot.cfg, it's working well, but my map not so tall put in to maprot.cfg will be erro if starting server ! DO U UNDERSTAND ME ?
Thanks given by:
(19 May 13, 11:27AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: but my map not so tall put in to maprot.cfg will be erro if starting server ! DO U UNDERSTAND ME ?

:DDDDD
Thanks given by:
WHat that mean? Know one can solved my proplem? Map kitchenzz if TALL AGAIN. I'M TIRED.
==> HOW CAN MAKE TALL MAP WITHOUT GET ERRO MAP CHECK FAIL: The overall ceil height is too high (0 cubes)
Wait, i read link that cleaner gave me and it's SAY :
"A storage building which can hold loads of crates may be three stories high. In AC world such huge buildings would make your avatar look un-proportionally small and besides that require too many resources. Scaling down the three story height to about two or even one and a half will make it look smoother. At the same time you’ve to keep in mind that there’s almost no way to have buildings of different height. So you may lower the higher ones and raise the lower ones until they meet somewhere in the middle."
What that mean?
Thanks given by:
Find it for yourself, we don't need more of such crap
Thanks given by:
Mr.Floppy Wrote:1.1 Know your Engine

Like with colour and canvas for a painter, your freedom in map making is first of all limited by the platform’s boundaries you’re performing on. In our case we speak of the game’s engine. It’s not required to understand how such software works as long you understand its capabilities/limits and how to deal with its resources. The Cube engine, which AssaultCube is run on, is by no means comparable to modern (commercial) cutting-edge technology and in this respect you have to be aware of several functionalities and limitations, which may appear to be completely unexpected.

The base of the basics.
Thanks given by:
Okay, bla...bla, i know Cube engine have some limited, i understand that .
But look like Headshot city,Twin tower just break the rules !!!
Thanks given by:
(20 May 13, 04:27PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Okay, bla...bla, i know Cube engine have some limited, i understand that .
But look like Headshot city,Twin tower just break the rules !!!

With tricks, and its very laggy for many players who will instant leave.
Thanks given by:
When you are going to make a Twin Towers map, always fill the map with solid cubes pressing "F", that will help.

Then, have careful when you are going add that effect of a big hole among both towers.

Off-Topic:
What the hell are you doing making a twin towers map?!
Thanks given by:
We're not going to tell you here how to make another crap map if that's what you want.
Thanks given by:
@-DIE Wolf-
Relax bro, enjoy AC without creating shitty & laggy maps...
AC provide good maps!
Thanks given by:
So... all the answer mean: "Nerver try to creat map like TwinTower or Headshotcity even u computer is super strong ?!?!"
If taht right, so my proplem SOLVED. :D
Thanks given by:
(21 May 13, 11:11AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: ...even u computer is super strong ?!?!"
Graphic settings or the video card don't matter when you create a map, it depends how your map is... ¿super strong PC?... Dude, my laptop is better than yours then, i made 8 maps, i will advice them in AC forums very soon :)
Thanks given by:
If the max area is more than 10,000 , the map will not be playable on any server, until it is 10,000 or less.

Same with the height, either it has to be 30 or less.
Thanks given by:
The restrictions are here for good reasons. The cube engine can't handle maps like yours, DIE Wolf. You should fix them accordingly. For example, the average height is too high. And it's pointless. Seriously, look your map : i doesn't need to be so high ! it brings nothing but heavy lag.
Same goes for rooms openness.

Also, the map restrictions were first introduced in AC 1.1 and were not perfect. They are fixed in the next version. The exploit that was mentioned in this post (which i removed because it didn't have to be public) will be fixed (it's already fixed inthe SVN trunk).

At the moment, you still didn't understand what maps the engine could handle and why there is no point making your map so high. Most experienced AC mappers began with a rough work but those who improved their mapping skills a lot are those who listened to other's advices and who understood the cube engine limits.

We answered you a few times and the only answer you are looking for is "how to exploit game issues to pass restrictions even if my map is shitty". For this reason i can't let this thread opened.
Thanks given by:
Thank you u guys but my proplem just SOLVED ! muahahahah
Thanks given by:
(23 May 13, 09:36AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Thank you u guys but my proplem just SOLVED ! muahahahah

When AC 1.2 is released, you'll have a problem again :P

Read Lucas' post.
Thanks given by: