Disabling Ambient Sounds
As ambient sounds seem to be lagging my screen, specifically when I turn around corners, I would like to be able to disable all ambient sounds. However, I still want to be able to use hitsounds/voicecoms/bullet sound/etc. I have been using /audio 0 for a long time, but that doesn't help when you want to play competitively.

I have looked through settings and read the docs looking for a way to do this several times. Is there a way to do this?

I am aware of the brute force approach of replacing the sound files with a blank.ogg file, but I want to see if there is another way first.

Thanks in advance, .PhaNtom^
Thanks given by:
There should be a way to comment them out in sounds.cfg. Not sure if that will work though
Thanks given by:
You might get spammed with "missing sounds" errors, but maybe you could change packages/audio/ambience folder to packages/audio/ambiencebak
Thanks given by:
Alright, thanks, I'll see if that fixes it :)
Thanks given by:
/mapsoundreset
Thanks given by:
Which would take priority and execute before the other?

1) Having mapsoundreset included in mapstartalways in saved.cfg

or

2) Having the ambient sounds loaded when the game reads the .cfg files of maps.

I ask because you wouldn't want to type mapsoundreset for every map. Maybe it's worth doing sleep 3000 or summat to make sure.
Thanks given by:
Just place mapsoundreset in a mapstartalways command in your autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:
^^
I've found a way to disable the error messages.
Thanks given by:
you can edit [/u]yourmap_cfg and you comment the mapsound..
Thanks given by:
Isn't that technically illegal/illicit since you are modifying other players' maps without their permission?
Thanks given by:
(18 May 13, 03:49AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Isn't that technically illegal/illicit since you are modifying other players' maps without their permission?

You might be right, but who's going to argue against PhaNtom who claims he's only trying to fix his framerate.

It's not as if he's going to end up with any kind of significant advantage anyway.
Thanks given by:
Editing the map .cfgs is a bad idea. The server won't let you spawn until you get the proper version of the map that it/everyone else has.
Thanks given by: