Multiplayer requirements
I've made a map, but I don't know why it isn't allowed for multiplayer.
Seems kinda 'normal'.

[Image: ac_thermae.png]

Anyone who can say me what's lacking?
Thanks given by:
I would say the volume of the main room is too important but we don't have the value to be sure. Check if flags are not nearby (the map isn't huge) same for pickups.
Thanks given by:
Mathias you're alive!
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback, the map is on my other computer i'll upload it tomorrow. Because I don't think there is to much open space...

If you create a new map, and you don't place anything in it, would it be to much open space?

And yes I'm alive, but only playing really occasional...
Thanks given by:
A screenshot doesn't contain enough data.
You should post the CGZ (the best) or type /showmapstats in game and give us the output.

Also, what version of AC are you using ?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 13, 06:36PM)MathiasB Wrote: If you create a new map, and you don't place anything in it, would it be to much open space?

Just making sure that our definition of open space is the same: open space is space without solids placed in it (not talking about mapmodels or raised floors/ceilings.
Thanks given by:
Yes, that's what i thought...

I uploaded the map: http://drive.denbeke.be/public.php?servi...5f4fd23fb5
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 13, 06:36PM)MathiasB Wrote: If you create a new map, and you don't place anything in it, would it be to much open space?

/newmap 7 and larger is over the 10,000 cubes limit. But it looks like you have walls so that shouldn't be the problem. :p
Haven't downloaded to check thoroughly though. :(
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 13, 12:53PM)Nightmare Wrote:

/newmap 7 and larger is over the 10,000 cubes limit. But it looks like you have walls so that shouldn't be the problem. :p

/newmap 6 is 32*32*x (a number between 15 and 25), and it's over 10K aswell.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 13, 01:09PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(19 Mar 13, 12:53PM)Nightmare Wrote:

/newmap 6 is 32*32*x (a number between 15 and 25), and it's over 10K aswell.

The area limit applies to ... the max open area, not the max volume.
So 32x32 is quite under this limit. (iirc)
Thanks given by:
Well I started from a standard 128x128 (from the menu) and increased it one time.

256*256 should be way under the 10.000...
Thanks given by:
Wrong.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=256*256

MathiasB, you're bypassing the open size limit.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 13, 08:51PM)MathiasB Wrote: Well I started from a standard 128x128 (from the menu) and increased it one time.

256*256 should be way under the 10.000...
sqrt(10000) = 100 and sqrt is an increasing function...

I'm going to check the map myself...
Thanks given by:
So i typed /showmapstats in game (which you could have done yourself) and the max. open area is about 10 900.
You have to reduce it accordingly :)
Thanks given by:
Damn, i'ts indeed 10970... :(
Well I'll need to close a wall somewhere.

Thx!
Thanks given by:
evanzo23 & I had our old map ac_box_factory at around 20,000 open cube size in the main giant room. We ended up making a couple of extra rooms to take up the space, along with some random solids, like those pillars in your screenshot. But yeah make sure to be creative when fixing this problem and make the fix seem natural. ;)

Liked your desert map, excited for this one's final release/beta. :DDD
Thanks given by:
Nice lighting.
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 13, 08:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: Liked your desert map

ac_acienda?
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 13, 10:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(20 Mar 13, 08:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: Liked your desert map

ac_hacienda?

yep think so :O
Thanks given by:
Thanks everyone, I'll fix it one day. Unfortunately I've not much time and play very irregular.

The other map was not ac_acienda, but ac_hacienda... Pretty close :D
And I should work a bit on it to release it, good idea :)
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 13, 12:06PM)MathiasB Wrote: The other map was not ac_acienda, but ac_hacienda... Pretty close :D

Yes, and Nightmare corrected the name in the quote :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 13, 08:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: Liked your desert map, excited for this one's final release/beta. :DDD

Should I sign up for the 'Want your map made official? Then check out this thread!'

I'm releasing it very soon, without major changes...
Thanks given by:
What are the requirements for Assault Cube 1.2?
Thanks given by:
Same as the current version. There were bugs where you could have super high ceilings(mega_towers/kitchenzz/etc.) but that got fixed.
Thanks given by:
Well I tried to load ac_hacienda on a 1.2 but I got the message 'Map doesn't meet requirements'... :s
Thanks given by:
/showmapstats
Thanks given by: