Poll: Which new map, do you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ac_avenue
28.30%
15 28.30%
ac_cavern
5.66%
3 5.66%
ac_edifice
3.77%
2 3.77%
ac_industrial
7.55%
4 7.55%
ac_lainio
9.43%
5 9.43%
ac_stellar
1.89%
1 1.89%
ac_swamp
15.09%
8 15.09%
ac_terros
15.09%
8 15.09%
ac_venison
0%
0 0%
ac_wasteland
13.21%
7 13.21%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New maps in SVN
(24 Mar 13, 03:48AM)Undead Wrote: not sure why terros is the most favoured map, i think it might be because it emulates desert3's openness. then again i have only ever played terros on pub servers and never in an inter or a match or something so i have no idea how it plays, i just know that i hated playing it on pubs lol.

I voted based off of what kind of games I have had on the maps. And since most of these maps I have played mostly on pubs. For match map, Avenue, Industrial, or Swamp.
Thanks given by:
Can some please make me a script where it starts to play Electric Avenue everytime ac_avenue loads? :D

I'm serious.
Thanks given by:
avenue <3
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 13, 09:23AM)DrauL Wrote: ...

Put a file of it in AC/packages/audio in Ogg Vorbis or .wav format.
I'll assume you called it avenue.ogg/avenue.wav
Open up AC.
Enter the command:
[cubescript]
addOnLoadAlways [if (strcmp (curmap 1) "ac_avenue") [sound (registersound "avenue")]]
[/cubescript]

Should work. Maybe.
Thanks given by:
ac_wasteland ^^
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 13, 12:00PM)Frogulis Wrote:
(24 Mar 13, 09:23AM)DrauL Wrote: ...

Put a file of it in AC/packages/audio in Ogg Vorbis or .wav format.
I'll assume you called it avenue.ogg/avenue.wav
Open up AC.
Enter the command:
[cubescript]
addOnLoadAlways [if (strcmp (curmap 1) "ac_avenue") [sound (registersound "avenue")]]
[/cubescript]

Should work. Maybe.

Failed to load sample. :(
Thanks given by:
Can you please fix the clipping fail @ ac_urban? The gastank off CLA base short side.
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 11:46PM)Artemis Wrote: Can you please fix the clipping fail @ ac_urban? The gastank off CLA base short side.

Sure, fixed.
Thanks given by:
If we're fixing clips, any chance...
[Image: XE3dz9Fs.jpg] [Image: oR7GGvms.jpg] [Image: AEyrxDps.jpg]
?
Thanks given by:
not the last 2! but the 1st one yep.
the other 2 can benefit the user and everyone CAN do it so it's fair.
the 1st one doesn't benefit users (it's only 1 way in, 1 way out) and not everyone can do it
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 13, 12:39PM)Xenon Wrote: not the last 2! but the 1st one yep.
the other 2 can benefit the user and everyone CAN do it so it's fair.
the 1st one doesn't benefit users (it's only 1 way in, 1 way out) and not everyone can do it

I agree. Unless you know how to do that double/triple jump thing (the one where you crouch and jump in succession), the only way to get over is with the AR, whereas you don't need any weapon to get to where the other two are.
Thanks given by:
I understand this argument, but you cannot score an HTF flag in there because of the time it takes to get in; a fact that's often abused.
Thanks given by:
fair enough. but that's completely something special about ac_power!
I love being able to go into spots which you're not 'really' meant to go in!
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 13, 07:08PM)Xenon Wrote: fair enough. but that's completely something special about ac_power!
I love being able to go into spots which you're not 'really' meant to go in!
There's no real harm in keeping them unclipped, is there?
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 13, 07:08PM)Xenon Wrote: I love being able to go into spots which you're not 'really' meant to go in!
Stick to gema's then!
The weapon balance is of great value within a map's layout ie shooty more useful than a SR in ac_mines but in no way such or such weapon should allow you or not to reach certain areas of the map, seems that a lot of you don't get the true meaning of fairness.
Thanks given by:
There are plenty of ways to surpass the clips.
For example, if somebody in HTF or TKTF camps in the spot shown in the first SS, here's a simple solution: get a nade - everybody has access to those right?. Throw it into that spot, and, Boom, they're done.
Thanks given by:
You missed my point Shadow Flame Zed. If I kill an HTF flag holder inside the fenced area from my position in Image 3, I cannot subsequently score the flag. I have to rely on having a teammate waiting up on the top path to work his/her way over the posts to score. Likewise, if I kill an HTF flag holder behind this gate, there's no way anyone's going to be in a position to score the flag. This is unreasonable.
Thanks given by:
All right fair enough.
What if we unclip the doorways (one or both) to the gated area in Image 3?
Would that make it at all better?
For instance, on toxic there's the small gated portion with the stack of crates and armor. The normal method people use to get there is to jump over the gate, but the doorway in the gates is also unclipped for people without AR/SMG to use.
Thanks given by:
Jamz, you can do both jumps with smg if you can double jump well. Although yes, I do believe it is quite unfair and jamz arguments are just as valid as anyone elses.

[Image: fu0JoEa.jpg]
That should be clipped.
Didn't use grenades, was just seeing where i could go with grenades.

Also Cleaner, the SR is way more effective on mines if you can play it right then a shotgun (ask sanzo)
Thanks given by:
None of this is getting clipped.
Thanks given by:
good man/10
Thanks given by:
Venison

(18 Mar 13, 05:10PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Yeah, if I run venison on insane settings I get 200fps in one area (whereas the lowest I've managed to get on any other official map in svn on insane settings and at any resolution is 700ish fps, with a usual 900-1000).

RK did fix all fps related spaces and spots

Undead Wrote:absolutely amazing layout. shame it wont get played in matches tho

Undead Wrote:the three sides are completely cut off from each other

they technically aren't completly cut off from each other, whatever, it's explained here :

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5593.html
Thanks given by:
Fundog, the fps is atrocious. I get 200 on every single map but yet 110 on yours:/ this really is to low consideringbmy Pc can get 500+ on every other map...
Thanks given by:
Are you sure you have the latest version, Xenon? I, too, get a solid 200 on most maps, and I rarely drop below 200 on venison. It's similar to the drops I get on industrial; backed up in corners where you can see a long distance in two directions.
Thanks given by:
- I get nowhere under 250 fps by playing it on Full HD 1920x1080
Thanks given by:
The FPS is not very effective to compare, we all have different configs and settings.
What about WQD?
Thanks given by: