ACGFX Client
Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I actually meant flinch from all types of weapons exists in a way I find more believable in commercial games.
You have full control over the camera, not just tilt.

Yes, I actually plan on adding this. Just trying to figure out the right way to do it.

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:And of course you have no obligations to anything. I'll probably end up making something when I'm not terribly busy.

If a lot of people want it, its an obligation.
Thanks given by:
I'm still working on ACGFX. However, I have had several more important projects come up. I will still release a new version soon. Just letting you know I haven't stopped working :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 13, 09:49PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I'm still working on ACGFX. However, I have had several more important projects come up. I will still release a new version soon. Just letting you know I haven't stopped working :)

That's good to hear. :) Keep up the good work!
Thanks given by:
Awesome work PhaNtom!! I love that gameplay mod, i tried it in my old computer playing with some bots (that don't mean that i come back) and it's sick!
If this mod need a 1 to 10 rating, i give 11.
Thanks given by:
Well i tried the client, and the idea (camera tilting after getting killed) is, to say the least, awesome. I would love devs to consider adding it to 1.2, even though it needs to be random and needs to vary (tilting left, right...). Also there are stuff that are annoying, u went crazy on gib-erish (gibnum $ gibttl). It was good as it was. No need to have it for every single hit with any weapon. It looks like our player models are affected by leprosy with parts falling of their body. :P
Thanks given by:
Infinite gore RAMPAGE, in addition the tilting camera looks good, why not this idea:
-When you get killed appears the tilting camera and then appears a hand falling, like Call of Duty 4 MW 2 or Area 51.
-Or a kind of blurry effect when you die, like COD MW 3, i think that i would make this effect :)
About the gibs when you shoot ur enemies, i guess that a bullet hole with this effect would be awesome, i would work in this project :D

(13 Mar 13, 10:45PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ...It would require an screencast, which I can't do on this 2006 laptop.
I've my laptop since 2009, check this out:
  • Intel® Core Duo®
  • Processor 2.5 Ghz
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)(also work with 32-bit)
  • 3GB of memory RAM
  • 258 GB of free space (hardware) :d sweet...
  • 15.6" of widescreen
  • Spaciuos HDD screen
I can make my own AC studio
Thanks given by:
RAMPAGE Wrote:I would love devs to consider adding it to 1.2, even though it needs to be random and needs to vary (tilting left, right...).

I actually have the code for randomness (is that even a word o.O) already in place. However, there is some kind of problem with it, probably due to my lack of knowledge of the random number generator in AC.

RAMPAGE Wrote:Also there are stuff that are annoying, u went crazy on gib-erish (gibnum $ gibttl). It was good as it was. No need to have it for every single hit with any weapon. It looks like our player models are affected by leprosy with parts falling of their body. :P

You can modify the amount (or turn it off completely) if you want to using the weapongibnum variable. For example, to turn it off, type "/weapongibnum 0". To make 3 gibs fall off every hit, type "/weapongibnum 3", and so on.

DarKnight Wrote:When you get killed appears the tilting camera and then appears a hand falling, like Call of Duty 4 MW 2 or Area 51.

Hm...I dunno if the hand falling will be possible with AssaultCube.

DarKnight Wrote:Or a kind of blurry effect when you die, like COD MW 3, i think that i would make this effect :)

I'll look into this, I'm not totally sure its possible, but I'll try!

DarKnight Wrote:About the gibs when you shoot ur enemies, i guess that a bullet hole with this effect would be awesome, i would work in this project :D

I actually had this feature planned. I just have to figure out how (or if its even possible) to overlay an image on a certain spot on the player model.

DarKnight Wrote:I've my laptop since 2009, check this out:
Intel® Core Duo®
Processor 2.5 Ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)(also work with 32-bit)
3GB of memory RAM
258 GB of free space (hardware) :d sweet...
15.6" of widescreen
Spaciuos HDD screen
I can make my own AC studio

What are you saying exactly?
Thanks given by:
@PhaNtom
My laptop has all those characteristics bro, in addition if you read my post:
DarKnight Wrote:...i would work in this project :D
I want to help you on those effects bro
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 13, 03:46PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
RAMPAGE Wrote:Also there are stuff that are annoying, u went crazy on gib-erish (gibnum $ gibttl). It was good as it was. No need to have it for every single hit with any weapon. It looks like our player models are affected by leprosy with parts falling of their body. :P

You can modify the amount (or turn it off completely) if you want to using the weapongibnum variable. For example, to turn it off, type "/weapongibnum 0". To make 3 gibs fall off every hit, type "/weapongibnum 3", and so on.

Ok tnx for the info, but I am afraid that you missed the point of what I was saying. "Camera tilting" is a really good idea and it can help to visually improve the game, on the other hand "gib-erish" has no sense to me. Not only that I would keep it OFF by default, I would also remove if from code. The client ur doing has great potential, that's why "needless" or "look, I can do this" features should not be even considered. I have only friendly advice. Don't overdo it, with few awesome features you will achieve more than with multiple bad ones.
Thanks given by:
ok everybody!

As promised, another update. Changes in this version:
  • Weapon gib is now off by default. It can be enabled using the "/weapongibnum N" command.
  • Customizable amount of blood is now allowed. Use the "/bloodamount" to access this feature. Use 5 if you are gore hungry.
  • You can modify the roll amount using the "/rollamount" command.

Update your docs.cfg with this:
// ACGFC Commands
docident [weapongibnum] [Modifies the amount of gibs seen when shooting your enemy.];
docargument [N] [The amount of gibs you desire] [min 0/max 1000/default 3];

docident [fireballfade] [Modifies the length the fireball stays on your screen.];
docargument [N] [The amount of time you would like the fireball to stay around for.] [min 0/max 10/default 2];

docident [rollamount] [Specifies the amount of roll on player death.];
docargument [N] [The amount of tilt.] [min 1/max 360/default 90];

docident [rollondeath] [Specifies weather or not the player wants the screen to roll on death.];
docargument [N] [1 if you want roll, 0 if you don't.] [min 1/max 360/default 90];

docident [rollondeath] [Specifies the amount of roll on player death.];
docargument [N] [The amount of tilt.] [min 0/max 5/default 3];

docident [bloodamount] [Specifies the amount of blood shown on each player hit.];
docargument [N] [The amount of blood.] [min 0/max 5/default 3];

You can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xeob47ca8d1ryv/ac_client.exe

Thanks, and happy fraggin',
PhaNtom
Thanks given by:
cool, will check it out :)
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 13, 09:08AM)RAMPAGE Wrote: cool, will check it out :)

Thanks a lot. And please, do tell me if you find any bugs or glitches. Also, post any ideas you might have. I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks given by:
I have a suggestion. Two as a matter of fact.
1) I have been looking for someone to make a custom client that has a ghost mode that locks onto a certain player, in third person, with a rotating axis.
2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control.
Thanks given by:
Boomhauer Wrote:I have a suggestion. Two as a matter of fact.
1) I have been looking for someone to make a custom client that has a ghost mode that locks onto a certain player, in third person, with a rotating axis.

So, when you move the mouse, it moves around the player left or right?

Boomhauer Wrote:2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control.

I thought about this one, I think I should look into adding this. I could definitely use it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 13, 01:51AM)Boomhauer Wrote: 2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control.

This script has never worked for me, but it could be a decent solution for what you want: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=808.
You could make a keybind for /paused 1 and /paused 0 for pause and play as well.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the suggestion, blueberry.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 13, 02:22AM)blueberry Wrote:
(01 Apr 13, 01:51AM)Boomhauer Wrote: 2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control.

This script has never worked for me, but it could be a decent solution for what you want: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=808.
You could make a keybind for /paused 1 and /paused 0 for pause and play as well.

Yes, that script used to work for me, but doesn't anymore. IDK why.

(01 Apr 13, 01:54AM)PhaNtom Wrote: So, when you move the mouse, it moves around the player left or right?

Yea, but on all axes, not just left or right. Treating the player being followed as a fixed point and movement of the mouse allowing spherical rotation around them. Like an omnidirectional orbit? Not sure if there is a word for this, I have no idea how else to describe it.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 09:17PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Like an omnidirectional orbit? Not sure if there is a word for this, I have no idea how else to describe it.
Trackball. The word is trackball.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 10:27PM)TheNihilanth Wrote:
(03 Apr 13, 09:17PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Like an omnidirectional orbit? Not sure if there is a word for this, I have no idea how else to describe it.

Huh? That's a kind of mouse/pointer. But it does help explain it further I suppose.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 13, 12:07AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(03 Apr 13, 10:27PM)TheNihilanth Wrote:

Huh? That's a kind of mouse/pointer. But it does help explain it further I suppose.
Lol no, see here for a definition of trackball in the context of an OpenGL camera and here for the result of applying trackball camera which describes exactly what you mentioned I also think it would be nice to add this feature.
Thanks given by:
out-nerded.
Thanks given by:
Interisting discussion,but... Why you guys are quoting a lot of posts?
Thanks given by:
Because we like to irritate you. It's "interesting" btw.
Thanks given by: