ACGFX Client
Hello everybody!

I have started a project for a new AssaultCube client. I've only included the binary/code for AC 1.1.0.4. PM me if you would like an AC 1.2 binary. No modifications are done to weapon systems or anything, so don't worry, it isn't hax.

***** ABSOLUTELY NO WEAPON MODIFICATIONS *****

File patches if you want to be sure there is no aimbot:
Also, if you find bug (I hope there are none) please do tell me.

Alright, so a list of features:
  1. Screen tilt at death: When you die, it rolls the screen (kinda like maxroll). In the future version, it will randomly pick between scrolling left and right, as well as sometimes make it look like you "fell" (e.g. look at the sky)
  2. A few gibs when shooting with all weapons: For example, for every shot you fire, 3 (by default) gibs come from their body.
  3. Fireballs: The fireballs from a grenade stick around longer than the normal fireball. Note that the damage doesn't continue, it is just the effect.
  4. Blood: The blood amount is customizable using the "/bloodamount" command.

Screenshots:
The screenshots are posted in the order of the feature list :)

Just one bug that it currently has if using weapon gibs. When shooting someone in TOSOK, their body disappears into gibs. In the next version, it will show the gibs, but leave the body as well.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xeob47ca8d1ryv/ac_client.exe

Add the following to the end of docs.cfg:
// ACGFC Commands
docident [weapongibnum] [Modifies the amount of gibs seen when shooting your enemy.];
docargument [N] [The amount of gibs you desire] [min 0/max 1000/default 3];

docident [fireballfade] [Modifies the length the fireball stays on your screen.];
docargument [N] [The amount of time you would like the fireball to stay around for.] [min 0/max 10/default 2];

docident [rollamount] [Specifies the amount of roll on player death.];
docargument [N] [The amount of tilt.] [min 1/max 360/default 90];

docident [rollondeath] [Specifies weather or not the player wants the screen to roll on death.];
docargument [N] [1 if you want roll, 0 if you don't.] [min 1/max 360/default 90];

docident [rollondeath] [Specifies the amount of roll on player death.];
docargument [N] [The amount of tilt.] [min 0/max 5/default 3];

docident [bloodamount] [Specifies the amount of blood shown on each player hit.];
docargument [N] [The amount of blood.] [min 0/max 5/default 3];

Thanks, and happy fraggin',
PhaNtom (HellEscapee)
Thanks given by:
Seems interesting, but I feel hesitant to try downloading it without some screenshots...
(13 Mar 13, 10:40PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I really can't post screenshots for this, you just have to see for yourself :)
Why?
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 13, 10:42PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Seems interesting, but I feel hesitant to try downloading it without some screenshots...

Why?

Because there is really nothing to screenshot. It would require an screencast, which I can't do on this 2006 laptop.

It will also support a command for disabling certain features in a future version.
Thanks given by:
I'll download after another windows user says it isn't a virus. :D

Question: Are there any modifications to the weapons? \:D
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 13, 10:48PM)Nightmare Wrote: I'll download after another windows user says it isn't a virus. :D

I do not have the knowledge to write a virus. The worst I could do is write something to delete system32, but that would be two *.exe files, not one like the download is.

(13 Mar 13, 10:48PM)Nightmare Wrote: Question: Are there any modifications to the weapons? \:D

Answer:
PhaNtom Wrote:***** ABSOLUTELY NO WEAPON MODIFICATIONS *****
Thanks given by:
I got a virus warning :I
Thanks given by:
Also, I this works for AC 1.2 as well. In fact, I originally coded it in AC 1.2 :)

(13 Mar 13, 10:51PM)Z3R0 Wrote: I got a virus warning :I

Hm...I don't know how that is possible, since it is compiled from AC source lol

False positive?
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 13, 10:51PM)Z3R0 Wrote: I got a virus warning :I

^
Thanks given by:
I dunno, try a different upload site. https://www.dropbox.com/ is what I use.
Thanks given by:
OK, you can now find a DropBox link as well. Let me know if that works for you.

I also added screenshots of the features.

I know some people want a shorter gib fireball duration. I will try to do that as soon as possible. I'll let you know when I update!

There is also now a link to the code files I modified, in case you want to be sure there is no hax.
Thanks given by:
I just tested it (probably specify next time that it is 1.1 based) and it works great.

Firstly, the first post says screen tile on death -- you probably meant tilt, right? :P

I'm going to guess you increment the "tilt" every frame when needed (what would probably make sense) but do not forget not everyone can render the game at the same frames per second, so you will have to scale your offsets by current fps (I have some code for this if you want it) The tilt speed seems a little bit slow to me, but I'm going to assume it's from the fps thing as I run ~60 fps.

I personally would like to see you disable rendering of the local player's corpse and disable control of the camera after you die (disable control in that camera mode but not in the others you can switch to after death) to make it seem like you really died.

Taking another step forward to something else I would like to see, jerking of the screen each time you are hit (camera1->roll += rand()%small_amount-rand()%small_amount) Just a little bit either direction and re-centering pretty fast (remember fps scale) so as to emulate player "flinch." This would really buff automatic weapon users possibly adding another element to balance weapons on if it is ever polished enough to commit to a future version of AC.
Thanks given by:
I like that last idea Felix, why not implement it and make it an optional feature each client can enable/disable? (and have it disabled by default of course) I would actually like to see it happen for any bullet damage taken, not just damage coming from autos.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply only for autos. I do elaborate a bit on autos, but in the actual statement in question I use the broad terms each time you are hit :)

It does make sense to make it optional, though I also would be excited to see how it'd affect gameplay if it was standard.
Thanks given by:
tried it, no bugs to report.
It feel odd to let yourself die on purpose to see the effect...

I'd like to see it even more tilted and dropping lower like if you was smashing your face on the floor.

Gibs parts, i'm not found but i guess others are so if it's optional why not.

Explode 5 secs is a bit long to my liking (timer switch please)
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 13, 04:19AM)Bukz Wrote: I like that last idea Felix, why not implement it and make it an optional feature each client can enable/disable? (and have it disabled by default of course) I would actually like to see it happen for any bullet damage taken, not just damage coming from autos.
Every competitive player would disable it, it'd cause too much distraction.
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 13, 05:38AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Every competitive player would disable it, it'd cause too much distraction.

I think it's fair to say being shot by an assault rifle would be pretty distracting. I, for one, would not be very collected :P
Thanks given by:
Well, i think that it could lag, why? Because gibs increase FPS, too much gibs will lag you. Is a nice project but like Wolf says, "it'd cause too much distraction"
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 13, 06:24AM)DarKnight Wrote: gibs increase FPS

This is why I keep my gibnum high
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 13, 07:18AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
(14 Mar 13, 06:24AM)DarKnight Wrote: gibs increase FPS

This is why I keep my gibnum high
gibs decrease fps :) ???

I like the effect when the player die ...
Thanks given by:
yeah is nice the effect ;)
Thanks given by:
Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I just tested it (probably specify next time that it is 1.1 based) and it works great.

Thanks!

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:Firstly, the first post says screen tile on death -- you probably meant tilt, right? :P

Fixed :)

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I'm going to guess you increment the "tilt" every frame when needed (what would probably make sense) but do not forget not everyone can render the game at the same frames per second, so you will have to scale your offsets by current fps (I have some code for this if you want it) The tilt speed seems a little bit slow to me, but I'm going to assume it's from the fps thing as I run ~60 fps.

Yes, I knew this was a problem, I was planning on asking you about that. I'm still a little new to AC source, so this first "release" is mostly a learning process for me. In the future it will be much more customizable and have many more features and GFX.

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I personally would like to see you disable rendering of the local player's corpse and disable control of the camera after you die (disable control in that camera mode but not in the others you can switch to after death) to make it seem like you really died.

Yes, I noticed that was a problem. This is going to be fixed in the next version (which will be out soon...). Removing the corpse was something I didn't think about, but I will do that for sure :)

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:Taking another step forward to something else I would like to see, jerking of the screen each time you are hit (camera1->roll += rand()%small_amount-rand()%small_amount) Just a little bit either direction and re-centering pretty fast (remember fps scale) so as to emulate player "flinch." This would really buff automatic weapon users possibly adding another element to balance weapons on if it is ever polished enough to commit to a future version of AC.

Haha, this was actually planned for a future version as well. This *might* take a little longer to implement (gib length and the sniper kill bug are first), but next version will have it for sure.

DES|Cleaner Wrote:It feel odd to let yourself die on purpose to see the effect...

OK, believe it or not, that wasn't on purpose xD Nades can be dangerous in the small spaces (a.k.a no-camping zone)...

DES|Cleaner Wrote:I'd like to see it even more tilted and dropping lower like if you was smashing your face on the floor.

Dropping lower will be easy to do. However, tilting more will be difficult, because a large tilt causes problems with the skymap and causes the corners of your screen to become glitchy. This happens even in maxroll (for me at least). But, in the next version tilt amount will be customizable, so you can do whatever you want with it. I will set the default higher, though :)

DES|Cleaner Wrote:Explode 5 secs is a bit long to my liking (timer switch please)

This appears to be what most people hate the most. It originally was designed to just make the fireball larger, but the way the fireball rendering function is written, modifying the size modifies the amount the fireball stays around. I am probably going to rewrite the fireball rendering function to allow me to tell it both size AND fade, as its called, but I have to look at that code to see if it is possible.

#M|A#Wolf Wrote:Every competitive player would disable it, it'd cause too much distraction.

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I think it's fair to say being shot by an assault rifle would be pretty distracting. I, for one, would not be very collected :P

You are probably right. However, for an automatic weapon, I would make the shake a lot smaller, so it willl not be very noticeable at all. Of course, I will make the amount of shake customizable, in case you want a larger effect ;)

Edit: Instead, I'm going to disable it for AR/SMG, otherwise the shake would get out of control and look terrible.

DarKnight Wrote:Well, i think that it could lag, why? Because gibs increase FPS, too much gibs will lag you. Is a nice project but like Wolf says, "it'd cause too much distraction"

It is actually a small amount of gibs, so it shouldn't cause much lag. I don't believe it renders if gibs are turned off anyway (but I just realized I haven't tested that yet o.O). As I've said before, in the next version every feature will be customizable.

888 Wrote:I like the effect when the player die ...

DarKnight Wrote:yeah is nice the effect ;)

Thank you :)

In the next version it will randomly tilt left or right, instead of always leaning left.

I hope to release the customizable version sometime today or tomarrow, I just have to figure a few things out in AC code first :) As I said, I'm new to the AC code, this project will be a lot better in a few months (I hope).

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, and happy fraggin' (WITH MY CLIENT!!!), PhaNtom
Thanks given by:
Alright, the first update. I mostly, in this version, made it more customizable. There will be more features very soon, so don't worry.

Changes:
  1. Weapon gib (when you shoot your enemy with AR or any other weapon) is now customizable through the "/weapongibnum N" command.
  2. Gib fireball now can stick around for a specified amount of time, using the "/fireballfade N" command.

Make sure you update your docs.cfg with the given code in the first post!

I will try to have another update within two days.

Thanks for reading, and happy fraggin',
PhaNtom (HellEscapee)
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 13, 04:31PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I will try to have another update within two days.

There is at least one here who knows when his next version comes out.
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 13, 06:44PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: There is at least one here who knows when his next version comes out.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you elaborate? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Also, I hope to have Linux binaries for this soon. I don't have a mac, so I will be unable to compile mac binaries. If anybody would be willing to package a mac version, I would be very grateful.
Thanks given by:
Your mod client is wanted!! ;D
Thanks given by:
PhaNtom Wrote:Edit: Instead, I'm going to disable it for AR/SMG, otherwise the shake would get out of control and look terrible.

Sounds more like you gave up as this technique is used in many other games (oh crap I referenced an external game) :o
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 13, 04:22AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Sounds more like you gave up as this technique is used in many other games (oh crap I referenced an external game) :o

Actually, the fact that it's in another game does not hinder me at all. Tilt is used in other games, for instance. I decided to only implement it for non-automatic weapons because...
PhaNtom Wrote:otherwise the shake would get out of control and look terrible.

Who knows, I might figure out a way to make it work for those weapons. In that case, I will definitely add it.
Thanks given by:
Its now on akimbo too: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=...246#pid246
Thanks given by:
I actually meant flinch from all types of weapons exists in a way I find more believable in commercial games.
You have full control over the camera, not just tilt.

And of course you have no obligations to anything. I'll probably end up making something when I'm not terribly busy.
Thanks given by: