Damage Script
If it swapped at 7:30, wouldn't players spend 5 extra seconds on one side?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 06:18AM)Orynge Wrote: If it swapped at 7:30, wouldn't players spend 5 extra seconds on one side?

No because you'd make it so it would "pause" the clock until the teams are moved then unpause when the first person spawns in
Thanks given by:
If that's the case, then it sounds good.

(a pause vote would be good, if possible)
Thanks given by:
I don't understand why you need so much separate and unofficial binaries for that.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 07:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: I don't understand why you need so much separate and unofficial binaries for that.

For balance and cheat protection client-side changes are required. That is, there's no way to change spread values of a client by just server modification is there?
Thanks given by:
I really do not care about the damage. I will most likely be fragged 1st. You will know I was there :P. Cool nonetheless :)
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 01:54AM)Roflcopter Wrote: [*]What else do you want?
In the current client is really horrible that in example you see that in a certain private server people is playing inter and you can't go there and call a player or ask to join. 

SO In the match client a different list of servers should be accessible, match mode would allow everyone to join the server (from the GUI, please, not from command line), but without allowing to spawn. Therefore a wannabe spectator could be able to spectate the matches, purpose himself for inters and so on.
a command (that only the players that are NOT spectators would be able to type) can allow a spectator to join the match.

Use case:
There is an inter going on. I enter the client, i see it in the list of servers, i press enter and i join the server as spectators. A 3v3 is going on and i can't join. Suddently a player disconnect and does not come back. At this point the players will execute the command and let me join.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 05:36AM)Roflcopter Wrote: For balance and cheat protection client-side changes are required. That is, there's no way to change spread values of a client by just server modification is there?
Let me rephrase my question :
Do we really need to have a "customizable weapon balance" ?
Why couldn't the other features be available from the default binaries ?
Do you really trust clientside anticheat protections ?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 09:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Do we really need to have a "customizable weapon balance" ?

I don't think the current balance is ideal for matches.

(22 Jan 13, 09:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Why couldn't the other features be available from the default binaries ?

They largely could.

(22 Jan 13, 09:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: Do you really trust clientside anticheat protections ?

Memory checksums + frequent updates can catch or block many cheats. Of course it's not full-proof.
Thanks given by:
As for this "promod"...

Is it worthwhile to make a custom scoreboard much like Sauer's? As in taking out the frags and deaths, and replacing individual flags with teamflags.

This way even more emphasis is placed on the teams' performance over a particular player's.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 10:06PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I don't think the current balance is ideal for matches.

1.1 or SVN? And the ideal balance is relative to anyone.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 10:08PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(22 Jan 13, 10:06PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I don't think the current balance is ideal for matches.

1.1 or SVN? And the ideal balance is relative to anyone.

Larry's "ideal" balance is Sniper does nothing.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 10:13PM)Shorty Wrote: Larry's "ideal" balance is Sniper does nothing.

maybe we could just use the sniper as a telescope ?
Thanks given by:
I would just like to say that I agree with everyone here: you should not know how much damage you did to other players.

For this reason, hitsounds should also be removed from the game. Otherwise, someone who is capable of counting could use the combination of their brains and the hitsounds to calculate how much damage they did.

Therefore, given the choice between removing player's brains (for those who can count) and removing hitsounds, we should remove hitsounds. Removing brains would be much more expensive.

As well, any indicator, visual or otherwise, that you hit the enemy should be removed. The blood that comes out of players should be removed from the game, so that you don't know whether or not you hit them.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 11:27PM)Zarjio Wrote: hitsounds should also be removed from the game

worst troll ever...
Thanks given by:
IMHO Hitsounds are ok. Anything not provided in the default package is useless.
Thanks given by:
Lol'd @Edward & his telescope xD

Anyway, this damage script is nothing more than a clearer way to count if you refuse to allow this script because .it's unfair to those who don't know it, then you must consider the fact that not many players even know about the hitsound command.
In both case, it's unfair & the only difference is that damage script is custom made, while hitsounds are an official feature.

I can't agree when Sanzo says it's useless; in fact this script is pretty useful and it helps in matches.
It also brings some interesting tactical aspects, as you apprehend your next fight differently knowing if your opponent is low and if you should/can push faster, camp, preshot or plan & synchronise the next attack taking in account the ''who-is-low'' factor.

I think we should allow the use of this script aslong as it's made public; why not include this feature in the new version, just like hitsound? Players could decide to use it or not depending on.their preferences.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 13, 11:20AM)DamDam Wrote: why not include this feature in the new version, just like hitsound?

This is why:
[Image: 1559606_340_1116081430036-spam1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 13, 01:10PM)Thrawn Wrote:
(23 Jan 13, 11:20AM)DamDam Wrote: why not include this feature in the new version, just like hitsound?

This is why:
SPAM

Well, it doesnt spam much more than ''...fragged...'' and it's possible to enable it..only in matches & inters, to prevent spamming in public, using the curmastermode command
Plus, if it really spams teamchat too much, you can replace ''say %'' by ''echo''.
Otherwise, you just do not enable this feature, lol.
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind a similar method has been used for a while: simply keep track of the hits with accuracy.

accuracy 1
checkinit onSpawn accuracyreset
bind j accuracyreset

The code can be improved to reset the accuracy when you start a new fight too.
I'll probably work with this idea for 1.2.
Thanks given by:
Identifiable ways to gauge performance are a nice, pre-existing feature of the game. Whether it's accuracy, hitsounds, or damage counters, it's nice to know where you stand as a player and letting your team know that information is just the next logical step in teamplay. As has been pointed out, hitsound is a clear indicator of these things is well. typically i can say to my teammates "hit 3 left base" or "unhit" after each engagement regardless of damage script (i deleted it awhile ago accidentally and never bothered reinstalling, thanks vermi). I don't see the point to limiting cubescript aliases for something that gives such a marginal increase in information that is typically already provided with good mates. Why can't the process be streamlined to provide information that is already going to occur anyway? And why can't that information, if it is provided, also be used to other means, through the use of cubescript to make, as bukz said, more badass scripts.
Thanks given by:
This is a script that provides a display_stats command which outputs the damage each player dealt and the average damage they dealt per life.

[cubescript]alias display_stats [

loop cn 20 [
stat_obj = (pstat_weap $cn);

dmg = 0;
loop i 10 [
dmg = (+ (at $stat_obj (+ (* $i 2) 1)) $dmg);
]

stat_obj = (pstat_score $cn);
deaths = (at $stat_obj 2);

if (> $dmg 0) [
say (concat (findpn $cn) " did " $dmg " damage (" (div $dmg $deaths) " av)");
]
]
][/cubescript]

There are several known bugs with it though
  • It doesn't seem to reset your own damage
  • The opening bracket in the output has a space after it
  • It shouldn't output to chat (ie use echo instead of say)
  • You need to be present the whole game or the damages are wrong

If anyone can provide fixes to these or other issues or general improvements it'd be great.
Thanks given by:
There are:
Hitsound: = ofocial official
Scripts in this forum = Unofficial
Scripts outside of this forum = Unofficial
There script that makes the player never tire of shooting. The script changes of weapon and shoots.
Another script shows the damage to each of your team. So you know when to attack and when to return to base.
Another script makes you jump further away without you need to hit multiple keys.
I have one script that provides granade sounds. Warns you before :)
There are clans that specialize in creating scripts ... play little, but programming a lot :)
CubeScript is a bit easier than Malbolge. Why is everybody so happy to modify the official game? Create game mods for these people.
Can not control 100% of the scripts, and you can not control 100% of cheaters.
Even without exploiting failures in the game, the scripts modify the gameplay.
Moreover, these scripts make even greater distance between players beginners and "pros".
I heard about a script that modifies the Radar. I will not comment. Maybe this script will to appear here in the forum, maybe not.
Thanks given by:
This script gives no real advantage. It's just for seeing who did more damage at the end of games.
Thanks given by:
Nice script .
Thanks given by: