Damage Script
This is provided because I want the game to be played the same by all players. I know I was one of the first to make this script, and it's been used by only good teams for way too long.

Features:
  • Press J to activate it for the remainder of the game
  • Tells you the damage you do after each fight (including grenades)
  • Displays this to your teammates
  • Friendly fire counts as normal hits

I am not familiar with Cube scripting so the code might be bad or buggy. Take this as a warning! But also feel free to post improvements below. It tries to group the bullets together into fights but sometimes it may report a fight as a few sets of damage.

bind j [
last_dmg = 0;
bulls_1 = 0;
check_dmg;
]

alias check_dmg [
stat_obj = (pstat_weap (findcn $curname));

new_dmg = 0;
bulls_0 = 0;
loop i 10 [
new_dmg = (+ (at $stat_obj (+ (* $i 2) 1)) $new_dmg)
bulls_0 = (+ (at $stat_obj (* $i 2)) $bulls_0)
]

diff = (- $new_dmg $last_dmg);

if (&& (> $diff 0) (= $bulls_0 $bulls_1)) [
say (concat "%Damage:" $diff);
last_dmg = $new_dmg;
] []

bulls_1 = $bulls_0;

sleep 800 [check_dmg]
]
Thanks given by:
onHit has made these kind of scripts obsolete for the next version, but this is good for the meantime, thanks for sharing. :)

P.S. None of the semicolons in the script are necessary. They're only needed to separate multiple statements on the same line.
Thanks given by:
onHit wouldn't provide an easy way to group bullets together would it?
Thanks given by:
ain't no contest when u put a man vs machine
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 03:52AM)Roflcopter Wrote: onHit wouldn't provide an easy way to group bullets together would it?

Nope.

But, you could possibly do something like:

[cubescript]this_group_damage = 0

add2bind mouse1 [
this_group_damage = 0
onrelease [
if $this_group_damage [
say %Damage: $this_group_damage
]
]
]
checkinit onHit [
if (&& (= $arg1 (player1 cn)) (!= $arg1 $arg2)) [ // local player damaged someone other than themself
if (curmodeattr team) [
if (!= (player1 team) (player $arg2 team)) [ // don't count team damage
+= this_group_damage $arg3
]
] [ += this_group_damage $arg3 ]
]
][/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
spamming and useless but yeah everyone can know.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 01:39PM)Edward Wrote: spamming and useless ...

Not the only thing.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 01:39PM)Edward Wrote: and useless ...

The fact that you cannot see the usefullness of it does not make it useless for everyone. Knowing how much damage your teammates are dealing in a team based game like this can be a huge advantage if played right. Everyone should have access to such scripts regardless, so no, definitely not useless.

Spamming sure, but stuff like this should only be used in matchplay anyways.
Thanks given by:
This is useful if a team isn't using voice communication. If a team is, this is at best, distracting (assuming the team is communicating properly.)

idea: If a player has hit maybe 3 bullets, say "Hit, low" or something like that.
Thanks given by:
how about everyone stops using things like this and al_rollofffactor, one dbag scripts himself an unfair advantage and it is just thrown into the game without any discussion? kcool
Thanks given by:
I love all the assumptions you make Vermi, you're a real professional.

These scripts have been possible for a very long time, since pstats were implemented. (1.0.0.2+ maybe?)

Like how you're just now deciding to throw a bitch fit about it.
Thanks given by:
I forgot I made a script when I first saw the onhit function and this reminded me of it.

Should it go in the regular scripts thread?
I thought I remember seeing a thread with SVN scripts.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 04:17AM)Vermi Wrote: how about everyone stops using things like this and al_rollofffactor, one dbag scripts himself an unfair advantage and it is just thrown into the game without any discussion? kcool

The ship has already sailed. The best that can be done currently is providing them to everyone equally. Of course it's a separate discussion whether the developers should remove onHit and pstat_weap to block such scripts but I doubt this will happen.

Also the first such script was for grenade damage and I believe by a non-competitive player. Since then my script has been spread around MyS, LC, oNe and a few other good teams. I had at least ten requests for this script too!
Thanks given by:
Al_rollofffactor is disgusting.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 07:13AM)Xenon Wrote: Al_rollofffactor is disgusting.

What is it?

Nvm; See: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6073-post-113417.html
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 05:09AM)Bukz Wrote: I love all the assumptions you make Vermi, you're a real professional.

These scripts have been possible for a very long time, since pstats were implemented. (1.0.0.2+ maybe?)

Like how you're just now deciding to throw a bitch fit about it.

from someone who doesn't play at all in the competitive scene i am delighted to hear your contributions and opinions, however this script has never been used by anyone in MyS and i'm not so knowledgeable in cubescript or any of that bs i kinda just play AC, I don't see any reason why you need to personally attack me Bukz, I'm only now "throwing a bitch fit" as i have only been unbanned a couple days ago, I have been against this script since i first heard about waffles using it. If this script is allowed people will only continue to abuse more and more of the game and edit what they can to give themselves advantages over other players, that's just the way things are.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 07:30AM)Vermi Wrote: this script has never been used by anyone in MyS

Fearles and HeRa both used an old version (that only displayed the damage to the player).
I gave it to HeRa in aG and here's proof Fearles used it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 07:30AM)Vermi Wrote: I don't see any reason why you need to personally attack me Bukz -snip-

Oh please, spare us your 'play the victim' routine. We both know your entire purpose for posting here to begin with was to troll. GTFO.

On-topic: People have been using these kind of scripts for quite some time now, the next version of AC simply makes this script easier to write (I'm sure there will be plenty of different public versions of it available), so it levels the playing field.
Thanks given by:
Get rid of al_rollofffactor though????????????
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 03:49AM)BigGunZ Wrote: This is useful if a team isn't using voice communication. If a team is, this is at best, distracting (assuming the team is communicating properly.)

Yeah my bad I forgot some people were not using voice communication -_-'

(19 Jan 13, 04:17AM)Vermi Wrote: how about everyone stops using things like this and al_rollofffactor, one dbag scripts himself an unfair advantage and it is just thrown into the game without any discussion? kcool

wtf is that. and people complain about a fucking spect-spawn change or a dumb crazyrabbit-tunnelhax bind.
see also crosshair hax script and smg/ar hax script

(19 Jan 13, 08:01AM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(19 Jan 13, 07:30AM)Vermi Wrote: this script has never been used by anyone in MyS
Fearles and HeRa both used an old version (that only displayed the damage to the player).
I gave it to HeRa in aG and here's proof Fearles used it.

I have seen this in so many screenshots. That's why people are right to share every 'legal stuff' which can be used to get a bit better.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 13, 05:47AM)Roflcopter Wrote: ...the developers should remove onHit and pstat_weap...
Gets my vote (except for offline).
Thanks given by:
Removing onHit and pstat_weap would not really help the cause. Players who want to give themselves an extra advantage will just modify their clients to give them the functionality. Assuming they have the knowledge to do that, theres nothing stopping them from doing things like putting health bars above the heads of all players. Remove them from cubescript if you want, I just don't see how stopping damage-displaying scripts is worth all the trouble. It'll break many already existing scripts, make many potentially awesome future scripts impossible, and there will still be no shortage of players using similar methods to take advantage of you in-game.
Thanks given by:
AC needs a promod
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 04:37PM)Vermi Wrote: AC needs a promod

F1
Thanks given by:

If I made one would it get used for matches?
Thanks given by:
I'm curious to see what this "pro mod" would entail - what ideas do you have lorenzo?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 12:26AM)Roflcopter Wrote:

If I made one would it get used for matches?

It's all i would play.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 12:36AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: I'm curious to see what this "pro mod" would entail - what ideas do you have lorenzo?

The client would have a regular mode and a competitive mode. Competitive servers would run the competitive mode and have commands like !match one mys which would place all players with oNe in their tag on a team and all MyS players on the other team (and all other players would spectate). On regular servers the ProMod client would act completely normally.

So what features might a ProMod have?
  • Very match-geared balance (perhaps based on a democratic system)
  • Half-time side switching and veto system for map selection
  • Regularly updated cheat protection
  • Some neat enhancements present in the ACWC client (such as instant hit sounds)
  • Maybe other things

Let me elaborate on how I ideally see each feature.

Balance We'd have regular elections for balancers. These players would be tasked with voting on the various issues of balance and directing future balance. All their decisions would be public.

Half-time side switching At 7:30 the sides would be switched around for the remainder of the game. A warning one minute beforehand would be provided.

Veto Mode Part of balance would be selecting about 9 maps (which could be rotated) to be played competitively. Veto mode would work by each team voting one map out of the pool until only three maps remained. These maps would then be played in CTF in a random order. Veto could also be only used for the tiebreaker but personally I think this method gives a better rotation of the maps.

Cheat Protection Since we only deliver clients we can incorporate extra checks that are hard to break.

Enhancements
  • Instant hit sounds (and other ACWC features)
  • Extra customisations that don't provide unfair advantges
  • Bug fixes before they're available in official AC releases
  • What else do you want?
Thanks given by:
This looks neat. Though, instead of having to utilize a whole separate client, can't some of these features be incorporated into, say, the match servers?
I'll admit however, that the veto mode seems a bit time-consuming, compared to, say, the usual method for matches. Though I guess if the half-time aspect is in play, then it makes a little bit of sense.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 02:33AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: I'll admit however, that the veto mode seems a bit time-consuming, compared to, say, the usual method for matches. Though I guess if the half-time aspect is in play, then it makes a little bit of sense.

Not really, each team would only have to vote to discard three maps from the pool. After this there would be no more debating or choosing.
Thanks given by: