Match map list mod + Mappack
The idea behind this mod was for clans or group of people to download to have a larger pool of maps to choose from when playing matches etc. Some maps may include custom content, so everybody playing should either have the maps already or download the mod, or else they may have issues with performance.

The maps in the list for matches were decided by a group of people who all regularly play matches or are experienced in high level gameplay, and they decided upon maps that they'd find fun to play and should be fair. The community list was decided by a poll on the forums, where the community voted for what maps they'd like to be included. I have decided the duels map list myself, from a collection of maps I thought were suitable for 1v1s.

Download here.

To access the list you can either go online and he menu is in "Set mode/map..." or just to look at the maps you can type in "/showmenu Lists" in game. Welp, thanks for reading, enjoy.

Match Maps:
Community Maps:
Duel Maps:
Thanks given by:
Savana?
Iceroad1.1?
Cavern?
I believe it is quite alternative list !
Thanks given by:
Could you provide the list of maps in it?
Just so people are informed before downloading :). Ty.
Thanks given by:
Good job. :D
If some clans actually take this as an actual match map list, just be respectful of clans that want to play default still. :3
Some pretty biased maps there still, but they were selected for being fun/good ac match maps. Halftime mode made by the real devs should be the cherry on top if they can pull that off in time.

Credits
Z3R0 a.k.a HurpDurpson a.k.a WildSnorlax: Lead Dev
Nightmare: Public Relations
Ronald_Reagan: Windows & Mac Installation Support
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2guh9ow.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks 1C <3
Thanks given by:
depot is shite
Thanks given by:
There was 1 or 2 bugs in the config, so if you downloaded before I fixed them just redownload from the same link and replace the config files :)
Thanks given by:
You removed many maps for the match list including some very popular maps in cms like werk outpost urban power. Also I think that some maps can be good in HTF so don't focus only on CTF.

I like the game as it is even if we can improve it in many ways but I wont use this personally.
Thanks given by:
Match list wasn't decided by me, it was decided by the people who play matches, and I dunno who they are either. The match list was only meant to be the match maps with the least bias, or the most fun to play on, so it's understandable that it might be smaller. Also, I've not removed anything, I've only created different lists and added more options for you to play on, the default lists is obviously still available to play on.
Thanks given by:
maps like ac_power can still be god damn voted.
the map is made for 3v3 + and nearly no-one picks it apart from france anyways so when france picks it we can play it ;-)
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 03:25AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Match list wasn't decided by me, it was decided by the people who play matches, and I dunno who they are either.
Wot? I'm a bit confused/worried by this...ಠ_ಠ
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 04:43AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(16 Feb 13, 03:25AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Match list wasn't decided by me, it was decided by the people who play matches, and I dunno who they are either.
Wot? I'm a bit confused/worried by this...ಠ_ಠ

Various members of mys one woop lc rc etc listed maps they believed were good for ac matchplay and the ones repeatedly mentioned got added. It's not a law but we thought it was worth a try to narrow down the list for less lagmaps and super biased maps and maps with poor gameplay.
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 06:50AM)Nightmare Wrote: Various members of mys one woop lc rc etc listed maps they believed were good for ac matchplay and the ones repeatedly mentioned got added. It's not a law but we thought it was worth a try to narrow down the list for less lagmaps and super biased maps and maps with poor gameplay.

mmmmmmffhh

woop last clan match was last year (30.12.2012), same for lc (12.12.12 ) and same for mys (23.12.12) even if I assume they dont post all their cms. They are working so hard to keep the competitive scene alive. Give them more attention plz plz plz. Also yeah keep asking the elite what they think, they did such a great work creating their own AC. I don't make the difference soz.

Also there are only 3 not too biased map in this list imo : depot, shine and sunset (dunno about the new maps btw). How is des3 less biased than power or urban? woot you mad they are great maps. This match list is way too restrictive. I ask more freedom not less :/ Also those maps are almost all for CTF. tosok desert/artic for tie isn't that bad. CTF TOSOK HTF are official match modes too.

The community maps pack seems great btw even if I do not see the most popular 1.1.0.4 community maps.
Thanks given by:
Not everybody will be completely happy with the pack. That's almost out of the question.

EDIT: Also, editing the official .cfg's outside of autoexec is generally a bad idea.
Thanks given by:
I don't think you get it. You can still play those modes and nobody will try and stop you. This list isn't restrictive, it actually gives you more options.

(16 Feb 13, 03:25AM)Z3R0 Wrote: The match list was only meant to be the match maps with the least bias, or the most fun to play on/

Fun is the keyword there, it's true ac_des3 might have a bias to CLA or whatever, but lots of people find it fun to play on. ac_urban could've been mentioned, but obviously not often, and that' probably cause not as many people find it as fun as ac_des3.
Thanks given by:
aaaa ok I get it soz. Thought it was something related to the 'pro mod' that we would have to use in clan match.
Thanks given by:
Haha, nope. If you download you can see there is still the "Default" option for a maps list.
Thanks given by:
@ Edward
(16 Feb 13, 01:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: If some clans actually take this as an actual match map list, just be respectful of clans that want to play default still. :3

:)
Thanks given by:
There are 2 types of players, basically.
Many players like myself play with the original client, no scripts and other changes to game play. We are really competitive and fair.

Other players, especially clans, playing with many changes in the game. They use many scripts that give an advantage game among other things. It's open source. They modify and game developers know this. These players are not competitive. They distort the game. They are playing only against their own egos.

In the past the "Brhama" showed that they had cheaters known in clans.
It was a mess, I remember. Where is w00p Doctor now? And the A & D clan. However I believe that the player Panic |ANGRA| clan was a mistake.

He was trying to do what it does now Jamz. But he was not sympathetic. Jamz already behaves like a lady. kkk
The idea is that in doubt Jamz might have the final decision. But this is wrong. IMO
I'm waiting many years proof that the player (Waggner-Son!C-Waag) uses cheater. I would like to see a younger demo that proves he uses cheater. He used before the Xenon. The community admits that player and many other ex-cheaters because the forum does not block it. But I am aware of (Waggner-Son!C-Waag) blocked accounts in the forum."he said."
Well- in topic
I asked about the criteria for selection of maps called "official".
And as was expected, responded with irony and sarcasm.

A list of alternative maps. Yes, this only shows the dissatisfaction of things as they are. But who really cares?

Mod Edit: Don't make your size x-small and then make it Courier, we can't read that.
Thanks given by:
A&D's still around, mate - Hi Ranting, Maggot, JAMZ, etc.

Also, your font is obnoxiously small xD
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 07:28PM)1Cap Wrote: A list of alternative maps. Yes, this only shows the dissatisfaction of things as they are. But who really cares?
Judging from the time it took you to write 263 words in a language outside your mother tongue, you.

What's up with all the vast amount of topics that you've decided to post controversial and "disagreeing" material? Mate, this's just a list of maps. It's was not made because of a 'dissatisfaction' of how things are, but as a way for faster and easier access when voting maps. The maps in the list are supposed to be the most popular and used maps in inters/clan wars/etc., nothing more.

Additionally, why are you posting stuff about Brahma and doctor in a thread about a script of a map pack? Everything in your post except the last 3 lines is offtopic. At least show some common courtesy to the OP. Just because technically you can express yourself as you please, it's universal forum knowledge to stick to the thread's topic in order to keep conversation flowing.
Thanks given by:
Good job guys.
Thanks given by:
Quote:What's up ...some common courtesy to the... yourself as you please..to the thread's topic in order to keep conversation flowing.
You are right. Was off topic.
Well, interesting to have a list of maps. But do you think any clan will play the maps on this list? I mean, I think the way is to increase the options in the "official".
What might be done is to create leagues with this group of alternative maps. So who wants to participate will train them.
My opinion is that the official maps of the game do not follow a standard technical of playability.
There is no problem in climbing fences and walls if you can jump and run with AR. You can modify it, but a change is not justified why.
I talked in another post about changing the name of the game. Maybe that happens.
See ...: Limit the distance between the flags does not mean improving the quality of maps. This is just one example of that restriction is not the way.
I wonder how it would play AssaultCube on a map-shaped mirror. One side is a copy of another.
I do not know how the maps are chosen as "official" (I speak of maps for games on time). I do not know how so unbalanced maps are chosen for the official pack. And maps as ac_venganza1.1 stays out!
Anyway maps available for download are great fun.
Thanks given by:
I like being referred to as 'The Xenon'.

map list is ok, and btw edward, the competitive community is just over having to wait for so long for a new version. As a whole, we have given up to 300 different suggestions etc, we've even had players offer to make stuff for the new version to be continuously rejected (e.g Roflcopter). The game is just so fun anymore and theirs nothing else to say. As of now, the most competitive AC players I assume will be MIA or playing much less frequently until the new version comes out:)
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 10:20AM)Xenon Wrote: we've even had players offer to make stuff for the new version to be continuously rejected (e.g Roflcopter)

Do explain how he was "continuously rejected"? We're always more than happy to review any patch that gets submitted to us. The amount of ignorance in this statement is outstanding.
Thanks given by:
if you really wish why don't you ask larry?
We spoke to aerke and he offered many patches of many things, just for aerke to continually say no in a very respectful manor. He was telling us he'd prefer just to get the new version of the game out, and that he will worry about time related switches to sides at a later date after the new release because their was not enough time for him to put this in. Larry had made a completely working version of a switch side @ 'x' time in about 5 days and since we spoke to aerke, it has been a good 2-3 weeks with out any new game. I'm not hating on the fact the new version hasn't been released, i'm just saying the game competitively will be dead until the new version.
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 13, 04:33PM)Xenon Wrote: may aswell support sauerbraten considering ac is near on dead...
You're not hating on the fact the new version hasn't been released my ass.

Aerke is right for wanting to push the release, its been too long of a delay already. But if you bothered being informed before you go on about something, you would know that the delay is mostly because of an elusive bug in linux clients, not because of whatever you want to accuse the devs of this time.

Last I checked Rofl has access to the proving grounds, Felix posts a lot of patches there for multiple devs to review, is there some reason Rofl hasn't?
Thanks given by:
PM me on IRC, i PM'd you.

I'm not hating on new version, but AC is dead competitively until the new version comes out.
Thanks given by:
I did offer to code the half-time side switching if it would get added. But I was told it wouldn't be added this version but it would be reviewed at least (and presumably considered for 1.3). So in the end I didn't bother. I agree with pushing for the 1.2 release soon, but features like this make a big positive difference and probably could have been finished already while we wait for the Linux bug to be fixed.
Thanks given by: