Eye of AC
Hello folks,

Over the past 9 months, I've spent hundreds of hours on this pet project of mine. I'd like to introduce you to the public BETA of. . .
Eye of AC, a screenshot sharing application for AssaultCube!

When you run EoAC, it starts up your normal AssaultCube client and then:
  1. Automatically uploads your screenshots while you play AC.
  2. Saves metadata about the screenshots including players in game, scores, and more!
  3. Allows you to search and sort yours and others' screenshots on the EoAC website.
EoAC is a simple drag-and-drop addition to your AssaultCube directory. You can download EoAC here.

Future features:
  1. Blacklist command: '/bl <cn> <reason>'
    (for example: /bl 2 far knife).
    This will give you a copy-pasteable BBCode segment for the AC forum blacklist thread.
  2. Tags & Albums!
  3. Full mobile resolution support for the EoAC website.
EoAC has been under development and in-game testing for months, but this is a BETA release and there will quite likely be bugs. EoAC comes with a robust logging system and a bug reporting forum. Please report issues so we can get them fixed!

You can even help decide what features EoAC will have next!

Many thanks to the people who have helped!
Verse, JoeSmith, Ikljo - Client testing
JoeSmith, Ikljo - Website feedback
JoeSmith - Hosting & Landing page image
HyPE & B} clans - Website feedback

If you're tired of manually uploading and organizing your screenshots, try out EoAC!
Thanks given by:
Seems cool!

keep thinking of this
Thanks given by:
Awesome, gj !
Thanks given by:
Very smart.

Just wondering, when you select a screenshot on http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/feed.php for the blink of an instant you only have the scoreboard before the full screenie shows up...

Is that feature use to control scores SS or full view like as proof of cheat for example?
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 09:59PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Very smart.

Just wondering, when you select a screenshot on http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/feed.php for the blink of an instant you only have the scoreboard before the full screenie shows up...

Is that feature use to control scores SS or full view like as proof of cheat for example?

That's just the image loading. If you scroll down, you can see the html scoreboard that you saw initially. Eventually, I might have an embeddable scoreboard that you can use elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
This is a fantastic project! The ability to upload, view, and share screenshots has now been made easier thanks to gdm's new idea.

Pub games, clan matches, inter-clan matches, intra-clan matches, or just for fun screenshots are as easy to upload as pressing "1" or any other key.

Simply type inside of AssaultCube after downloading and installing "Eye of AC"
/bind KEY [escreenshot]
Replacing "KEY" with a key on your keyboard, for fast, instant screenshot sharing with this EoAC client.

There is nothing greater than being able to take a screenshot of an AC player human tower, or those epic headshots in a match or the moment when you express your frustration while t-bagging your opponent.

One of my favorite projects I've seen so far to hit AC, and not just because of the person who made it, but because of it's great usage.

Imagine when the ACWC rolls around, a referee can simply create an account and download the client and make an ACWC account with images from the ACWC games. Posting scores and results of the games.

Awesome project GDM! You have my support
Thanks given by:
Really well done, man!
Glad to see all the effort you've put into this has finally paid off!
Thanks given by:
Great Job GDM !!!
It really is a fantastic project.
Thanks given by:
Finally! This is looking pretty good so far. :)
Thanks given by:
Made an account and setting up mine for use now :P

Can this be used in conjunction with autoscreenshot anyone?
Thanks given by:
does this mean i can't use the ACWC client?
because i can't use it if it means that :/
Thanks given by:
Nice to see this no longer murmured under their breath by a select few.

This is a brilliant project :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the props, everyone :D

(09 Feb 13, 04:54AM)DrauL Wrote: Can this be used in conjunction with autoscreenshot anyone?
Since this is a custom screenshot command, it won't work with AC's built-in autoscreenshot.
To use/write your own intermission-screenshot, the only problem is one of timing. /escreenshot is not an atomic operation. It takes the ss and then, using cubescript, spits out metadata about the game.

(09 Feb 13, 04:54AM)Xenon Wrote: does this mean i can't use the ACWC client?
because i can't use it if it means that :/
If the ACWC client changes the normal AC client's std (usu. terminal) output, it probably won't work. I'm not familiar with the ACWC client, who wrote it?
Thanks given by:
Larry did!
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 05:31AM)Xenon Wrote: Larry did!
Thanks, I'll try to get in touch with him. In the meantime, you can try EoAC with the ACWC client. If it doesn't work, you can run EoAC with the "-d" command line flag. It will save logs to file. If you email me the logs, I might be able to make a special version of EoAC before the ACWC.
Thanks given by:
Finally I don't have to press f12 like some sort of slave
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 06:20AM)Vermi Wrote: Finally I don't have to press f12 like some sort of slave

I think you misunderstand. You still have to press F12.
You don't have to manually upload images to hosting sites.
You can also search through your SS textually. For example, here is a search for screenshots with 'swell' in them.
Thanks given by:
This is very sexy. Awesome job GDM.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 06:34AM)GDM Wrote:
(09 Feb 13, 06:20AM)Vermi Wrote: Finally I don't have to press f12 like some sort of slave

I think you misunderstand. You still have to press F12.
You don't have to manually upload images to hosting sites.
You can also search through your SS textually. For example, here is a search for screenshots with 'swell' in them.

yeah thats what happens when i only half read something

Off-topic: am i the only one who's autoscreenshot messes up and doesn't display the scoreboard?
Thanks given by:
Just make the script sleep?

Something like

autoscreenshot = [sleep 1500; screenshot]

I summon Bukz to help me out!
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 06:58AM)DrauL Wrote: Just make the script sleep?

Something like

I tried to do an autoscreenshot, but ended up missing the score tab like this:
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=209

Or having the timing off so the metadata comes too long after the screenshot (not even sure now how this was happening):
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=206 (intermission according to metadata but <= 1 min left in the ss)

Or, strangely, things like this:
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=227
Thanks given by:
When this goes epic finished version I'll get it. Cuz messing with AC motherboard scares the shit out of me. Sounds awesome 'specially since USA A and B will be WINNING THE WORLD CUP. GET SUM!!
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 08:49AM)MorganKell Wrote: When this goes epic finished version I'll get it. Cuz messing with AC motherboard scares the shit out of me. Sounds awesome 'specially since USA A and B will be WINNING THE WORLD CUP. GET SUM!!
Morgan, the problems in the post right before yours aren't about EoAC's current version. They're about a possible future feature that is tricky.

(09 Feb 13, 08:49AM)MorganKell Wrote: messing with AC motherboard
This doesn't mess with AC at all :D It's a 'wrapper' around AC. You just drag and drop it into your AC folder and then use it to start AC.

(09 Feb 13, 08:49AM)MorganKell Wrote: When this goes epic finished version I'll get it.
I've been using it exclusively since December. But you could wait for ~a week~ (or more) until I get an auto-update system going. Updating the client is a hassle right now.
Thanks given by:
<3 this finally seeing it released it great! as fate said before!
Thanks given by:
What happens if I forgot my password? :P

EDIT: Nvm, got it.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 07:08AM)GDM Wrote:
(09 Feb 13, 06:58AM)DrauL Wrote: Just make the script sleep?

Something like

I tried to do an autoscreenshot, but ended up missing the score tab like this:
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=209

Or having the timing off so the metadata comes too long after the screenshot (not even sure now how this was happening):
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=206 (intermission according to metadata but <= 1 min left in the ss)

Or, strangely, things like this:
http://hype-clan.com/eyeofac/screenshot.php?id=227

How about:

[cubescript]addcheck_si [ sleep 1000 [escreenshot] ][/cubescript]

You'll need tools.cfg for addcheck_si. I can't check if it works on my comp, haven't been on it for a while now.
Thanks given by:
wow that's awesome o_O gj
edit : working with gsfv2 client btw
Thanks given by:
Awesome! :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 01:47PM)Edward Wrote: wow that's awesome o_O gj
edit : working with gsfv2 client btw

Thanks for the heads up :)
Thanks given by: