Assaultcube to steam greenlight
(06 Feb 13, 10:35AM)Bukz Wrote: So Vermi, what should my punishment be for making some offtopic posts in this thread,

A regular person would assume that he is not above the warning system, I'm not putting words in your mouth I'm just using logic to disarm what you thought at the time was a smart retort, heavens, never thought I'd extract such a reaction, wow....
Thanks given by:
Honestly, do people even think a second before posting their oh-so-unique-and-constructive suggestions...

Steam (Greenlight) is a commercial publisher. Commercial. Not OpenSource. Not at all interested in providing services for free. There is zero ground for even considering AC could make use of this America's-Idol-Vote-Shit for computer games. In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, you've got to pay 100$ for getting your project up on the thing. Doesn't look like cheap promotion. Who said AC needs promotion anyway?

I even read somewhere that this was such a great innovation and a great example for community-publisher relation. Bullshit. Asking the potential customers what they would be willing to spend their money on is a market survey. Period. It's all about gaining sells and cutting costs for actual employees which used to do the job of finding promosing titles. The fact naive customers feel warm because those guys at steam seem to really do care a whole friggin' lot about the community's opinion is just a nice bonus.
Thanks given by:
@Vermi: Yes you're really cute. We're all aware.

I legitimately wanted to know what you think my punishment should be so I could have another admin/mod do it. You (and many others on this forum) make way more offtopic posts than I do, so I would be sure to mirror the punishment I receive.

Edit: On second thought maybe I better not, wouldn't want everyone to start crying about overmoderation again. ;)
Thanks given by:
I think "pro forum user" should have max 4% positive posts, nobody wants look like gay :)
Thanks given by:
my apologies :) I have no problem with the PG, it was the third time I was clicking a link like that in a a day so I just mentioned it. my bad warn me if you want.
Thanks given by:
Okay, so the overwhelming amount of "No" in response to the topic significantly trumps the amount of "Yes".
Conclusion reached.

* InitialSAW waits for the thread to close.
Thanks given by:
It's been a while I wanted to do this but not doing so led me to learn a bit more about a few...

Curtains down!
Thanks given by: