Assaultcube to steam greenlight
Should Assaultcube be put up for Steam Greenlight?
Thanks given by:
no?
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 13, 01:00PM)finerd Wrote: Should Assaultcube be put up for Steam Greenlight?

Hell to the no...
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 13, 01:00PM)finerd Wrote: Should Assaultcube be put up for Steam Greenlight?
Nitric oxide!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 27546652.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Apparently not according to the first three people to respond, because once you get past the weirdness with licenses and such, promotion is clearly teh sux0rz.
Thanks given by:
Did you just register an account to advertise it?
Thanks given by:
Afaik, steam greenlight is for paid games only; it's a way to show support for a game, saying "Yeah, if this game was on steam, I'd totally buy it". However, AC is a free, open-source game..
Thanks given by:
Déjà vu
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 13, 10:19PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Déjà vu
Déjà vu Part 2

As seen above, unfortunately this will not happen, sorry.
Thanks given by:
Valve aren't doing the Greenlight project out of the goodness of their heart. They stand to make good money from the sales of these games, so how's this going to be possible with AC?
Thanks given by:
Valve can suck it up and do it the way AC does it by asking for donations. ;P
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 13, 11:29PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Déjà vu Part 2

yeah we want more link from the elite forum nobody can read !
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 02:42AM)Edward Wrote: yeah we want more link from the elite forum nobody can read !

Yes yes! More edward spam! Fight the machine!
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 02:46AM)Bukz Wrote:
(06 Feb 13, 02:42AM)Edward Wrote: yeah we want more link from the elite forum nobody can read !

Apologies, I just searched "steam" and got that...sorry you can't see it eddy :(
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 03:09AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(06 Feb 13, 02:46AM)Bukz Wrote:
Apologies, I just searched "steam" and got that...sorry you can't see it eddy :(
yeah ! ShadowFlameZ is a friend of king. :)
OPSC
Thanks given by:
We should totally open up the PG to the public. It won't hurt anything right? The public forums are obviously a great place for focused discussion, no off-topic posts or trolls around here. Maybe we should have another poll...
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 03:21AM)Bukz Wrote: We should totally open up the PG to the public. It won't hurt anything right? The public forums are obviously a great place for focused discussion, no off-topic posts or trolls around here. Maybe we should have another poll...

Use PM.
A well moderated forum may be open to ALL.
Open Source, Open Mind, Open Doors
Thanks given by:
Or the loudmouths of the community could just get over the fact that the devs want a peaceful forum to discuss things with the community. (who actually get it and want to help)
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 03:16AM)1Cap Wrote: yeah ! ShadowFlameZ is a friend of king. :)
OPSC
Aw, I'm flattered <3
Not sure what the link below that is though...

(06 Feb 13, 03:21AM)Bukz Wrote: We should totally open up the PG to the public. It won't hurt anything right? The public forums are obviously a great place for focused discussion, no off-topic posts or trolls around here. Maybe we should have another poll...
Yeah, Bukz has a great point, especially posts like this one!
Thanks given by:
absolutely not
Thanks given by:
This would be shit, especially considering what happened to AoS.
Thanks given by:
Hey honeys, get the fuck over yourselves and stop talking shit. You can't do it right, and you can't rep it straight. The Proving Grounds is a groundbreaking achievement. Players who've proved their worth and stuck with this game for at least a couple years have the chance to give their input, their advice, on matters pertaining to AC. You stick around long enough, and prove you're not a total forum-whoring d-bag we'll think about it. Till then? G to the fucking O. I've done everything. Gotten wasted and raped the 'rums. Got trashed and threw down like a son of a gun. Got hammered and said "Aww hell no, fuck that shit!". I am happy just to be able to view The Proving Grounds. When I feel I can make a constructive post, or give epic advice...? I'll do it. Till then? GTFO.

As for Steam? Fuck I know what that is. I've made a few posts about... oh wait you can't see those!?!? Hahahaha let me call the Whine Like a Bitch Committee and see what we can do. Till you throw down on your game like a boss, and prove you're not just a frenchie with nothing better to do than complain about WW2, GTFO. You maaaaad? GTFO.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 03:26AM)1Cap Wrote: Use PM.
A well moderated forum may be open to ALL.
Open Source, Open Mind, Open Doors

What's next? SVN open to anyone to commit?
In a well moderated forum (and this is how AKIMBO works) anything NOT related to the topic is systematically deleted, warnings comes in for spammers, those whom never post anything useful and obviously all the (so common here) hate/flame/insults.
Let me remind you that you are all guests here and you have absolutely no rights whatsoever, between you and me this forum is quite tolerant (way too much to my liking) and if it was only for me a good 20% of users here would actually be looking for another game/forum to pester.

(06 Feb 13, 03:28AM)Bukz Wrote: Or the loudmouths of the community could just get over the fact that the devs want a peaceful forum to discuss things with the community. (who actually get it and want to help)

Couldn't agree more with you mate, anyhow the devs do whatever they like and if they fancy a private section do discuss with a limited amount of people who are decent contributors of any kind so be it, those who aren't happy with that can just leave that'll give us a bit of fresh air.
Sick and tired of arrogant people who think they deserve this or that, that devs should listen and obey them.
Thanks given by:
I'd pay 5 bucks for AC, it would draw more people to the game if AC were on steam, It's not about whether you think Valve is bad for whatever reason I've read enough of those posts, of course valve want to gain profits from other peoples hard work, just like the government taxes the shit out of everything and everyone, they are a successful company who own the majority of the PC gaming market, bottom line is the community on steam are concerned with fun games, it really is the best way to get exposure to a game. As for PG you can keep that one to yourselves, it has obviously worked wonders.

lol complaining about derailing a thread while continuing to derail that thread, GG
Bukz hasn't had one on topic post in this whole thread but because he is sly and an underhanded commenter he gets away with derailing threads, a system that doesn't punish those at the top is a failed system...
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 09:02AM)Vermi Wrote: Bukz hasn't had one on topic post in this whole thread...

Yes...and I take it you get punished every time you make a few offtopic posts? Yeah right, if you did you would be banned a lot more often than you already are. Get over yourself Vermi.

Also I'd love to know who was complaining about this thread being derailed, unless of course you're just talking outta your ass again. ;)
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 09:45AM)Bukz Wrote:
(06 Feb 13, 09:02AM)Vermi Wrote: Bukz hasn't had one on topic post in this whole thread...

Yes...and I take it you get punished every time you make a few offtopic posts? Yeah right, if you did you would be banned a lot more often than you already are. Get over yourself Vermi.

Also I'd love to know who was complaining about this thread being derailed, unless of course you're just talking outta your ass again. ;)

What you were saying here underhandedly was that you think most public topics are never on topic, and that trolls ruin productivity, so basically complaining that threads are derailed by trolls, it's just ironic that it takes you 3 posts to say the same thing and then you don't even realize what you said.......
Thanks given by:
I never claimed to not contribute to the problem on the public forums, and I wouldn't have to if people could stay on topic to begin with.

So Vermi, what should my punishment be for making some offtopic posts in this thread, in your opinion? (please do answer this question, really looking forward to it)
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 13, 10:35AM)Bukz Wrote: I never claimed to not contribute to the problem on the public forums, and I wouldn't have to if people could stay on topic to begin with.

So Vermi, what should my punishment be for making some offtopic posts in this thread, in your opinion? (please do answer this question, really looking forward to it)

there is a PM function and the ability to delete posts for that very reason, but you just love getting involved too much, your punishment should be the same as everyone else. you're not special and you don't deserve special treatment, but I'm glad that you think you do xD
Thanks given by:
I know how much you love being a total douchebag; but putting words into my mouth isn't something I'm gonna let you do. When did I claim that I deserve special treatment again?

You people get away with offtopic posts all day, every day. And you've got the nerve to call me out on a few? Blow me.
Thanks given by: