Coming weapon with nade launcher...idea
Im installing 3ds max again, will take a while to remember everything about skinning and stuff, but i have time to learn.

My idea was an sub or assaultgun with nade launcher attached.

So it fires as usual but when you choose nade it will tilt the gun and fire a nade instead.

So its kinda 2 weapon in one..and it should work right ?
As a made a nade thrower ones and it worked ok with some sound added.

Dont know what gun to make or if i make one from brain only..
Any ideas ?

Game needs some new mods =)
Thanks given by:
MATASAR?! Where the heck have you been at?

dis: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m4comp-l.jpg
Thanks given by:
working and fishing ffs =)

thats one fugly gun! i refuse to make it! =)
Thanks given by:
Matasar gone fishing.
Thanks given by:
lol, i sold the computer and bought fishing stuff for the money and since then i havent had a computer thats been able to even play ac or use 3ds max
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 13, 07:59PM)pweaks Wrote: Matasar gone fishing.
For mods!
Welcome back.
http://www.murdoconline.net/wordpress/wp...arbine.jpg
Edit: According to the URL, it's a made launcher attached to a carbine wut o_o
Still looks kinda cool.
Thanks given by:
That looks lika a cool gun, its possible just need to relearn everything.

old nade thrower : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PciD3vgaZ...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
Wow! That looks really cool. Is there a download link for that?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 13, 07:41PM)Matasar Wrote: So its kinda 2 weapon in one..and it should work right ?

You'll need to modify the source. The change/reload weapon animation is not in the weapon models. It doesn't matter what the model is, when you change or reload the weapon is lowered then the weapon is switched and raised.

The closest thing you can get without modifying the source is to make two models, one rotated and one not. Changing between weapons will take place the same way but once the change is complete it will obviously appear tilted.
Thanks given by:
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!! What was that fking wep called in Perfect Dark? The Scorpion? FK YES!! Make the reload and fire time on the nade launcher part a little just to discourage nadewhores and the like, but YES YES YES FUCKING AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEET. Maybe nades you pick up with this gun equipped could count as ammo, don't necessarily need specific ammo pickups, when it's not equipped could be regular pickups.
Thanks given by:
Good to have you back mate!

The idea is very nice. But the downside is that you will always have this gun as the nade. So even if you pick the sniper you will suddenly carry a AR with a grenadelauncher on it.

But if you want to do this, here is a link with a ton of .zips with weapon reference images.
Thanks given by:
Dont see that as negative.
You just have to imagine that there are no nades and only grenadeshot for gun instead.
And yes it will be 2 models or rather one model copied to both gun and nade and the nade model will be tilted as it comes up so you dont get confused whats ready.

Gunnades models can be replaced from original model to something more gunlike.

Hey OLD thanks for link and nice to see you still here =)
Needs pictures from different angels as textures wont be nice else.
Maybe you have time to animate this gun when im complete ?
Are you still doing 3D ?

Cuz i can only use milkshape for anim and it sux alot.

Old nadethrower mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmnjbmdfzk
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Dont see that as negative.
You just have to imagine that there are no nades and only grenadeshot for gun instead.
And yes it will be 2 models or rather one model copied to both gun and nade and the nade model will be tilted as it comes up so you dont get confused whats ready.
I'm not sure if you understood what he meant.
You sorta said that the model would essentially be an AR with the nade launcher attached. ASOM was basically saying that, even if you use a sniper, you'll suddenly have an AR with a nade launcher attached, rather than, say, a sniper with a made launcher attached.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be possible to have the grenade launcher model different depending on what your primary weapon is, though somebody more experienced in modding/scripting can correct me if I'm wrong (which I hope I am because that'd be really cool)?
Thanks given by:
What ShadowFlameZ said is correct, that was what i meant. Sorry if I can express myself as good, english is not my first language.

(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Needs pictures from different angels as textures wont be nice else.

I would recommend you a new texuring methode. I used to paint images on my models too, but its a very messy, dirty and kind of a cheating way to make textures.
This texturing tutorial is for 3dsmax and photoshop I think but you can use the technique in every program. It's split in 4 parts a ~10 minutes. I would realy recommend you to look into it.

(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Maybe you have time to animate this gun when im complete ?
Are you still doing 3D ?

I do, but different stuff now. I dont have a working md3 exporter anymore, so I could just help you small time.
Thanks given by:
Yeah!!! Matasar is back...

Got exactly the right picture for that weapon...

[Image: ultimatemachinegunflashwh0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Old nadethrower mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmnjbmdfzk
even if it is a little bit annoying in lss (first), that mod kicks ass. very well done, i'm looking forward to more.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 13, 03:06PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: What ShadowFlameZ said is correct, that was what i meant. Sorry if I can express myself as good, english is not my first language.

(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Needs pictures from different angels as textures wont be nice else.

I would recommend you a new texuring methode. I used to paint images on my models too, but its a very messy, dirty and kind of a cheating way to make textures.
This texturing tutorial is for 3dsmax and photoshop I think but you can use the technique in every program. It's split in 4 parts a ~10 minutes. I would realy recommend you to look into it.

(04 Jan 13, 03:41PM)Matasar Wrote: Maybe you have time to animate this gun when im complete ?
Are you still doing 3D ?

I do, but different stuff now. I dont have a working md3 exporter anymore, so I could just help you small time.

Im really no 2d artist in any way, and it would be impossible for me to create a weapon that i like if i have to draw the texture by hand.
BUT, i can make the texture look a bit less good and filter away some details so the texture would "fit" into the game more.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 13, 09:36PM)Matasar Wrote:
(05 Jan 13, 03:06PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: What ShadowFlameZ said is correct, that was what i meant. Sorry if I can express myself as good, english is not my first language.

Are you still doing 3D ?

Im really no 2d artist in any way, and it would be impossible for me to create a weapon that i like if i have to draw the texture by hand.
BUT, i can make the texture look a bit less good and filter away some details so the texture would "fit" into the game more.

And puttings textures on obj in 3DS max is very simple (ones you learn).
It goes perfect everytime no matter what the obj or texture is.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 13, 08:38PM)Matasar Wrote: That looks lika a cool gun, its possible just need to relearn everything.

old nade thrower : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PciD3vgaZ...e=youtu.be

Couldn't help but lol when i seen the pistol. X)
Thanks given by:
^Indeed. Matasar, do you happen to have a download link for the pistol as well? :P
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 13, 03:32PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: But if you want to do this, here is a link with a ton of .zips with weapon reference images.

Thats a cool link.

lol im going to make some mods right away.Seriosly,thanks man.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 13, 07:42PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: [Image: ultimatemachinegunflashwh0.jpg]

WTF no shrimp net?
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 13, 05:38PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(05 Jan 13, 07:42PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:

WTF no shrimp net?

Nope but an anti-MikeGregory teabagging device

[Image: ultimatemachinegunflash.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What's about this
(I guess slashing people with a dick would be funny and humiliating lol)
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 13, 04:41PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote:
(04 Jan 13, 03:32PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: But if you want to do this, here is a link with a ton of .zips with weapon reference images.

Thats a cool link.

lol im going to make some mods right away.Seriosly,thanks man.

This guy seems to have taken alot of pictures that are on the web.

http://www.imageevent.com/smglee

Pretty good quality =)

(05 Jan 13, 07:42PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Yeah!!! Matasar is back...

Got exactly the right picture for that weapon...

[Image: ultimatemachinegunflashwh0.jpg]

You know how many verts i would use on that model and i think you will need a very modern computer to even be able to load it then =))'

And it had pretty much everything...except nadelauncher haha
Thanks given by:
[Image: AW-9.PNG]
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 13, 04:43AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(06 Jan 13, 04:27AM)BigGunZ Wrote: Couldn't help but lol when i seen the pistol. X)
^Indeed. Matasar, do you happen to have a download link for the pistol as well? :P
Thanks given by:
I would never want to see a nade attachment in AC, there is skill involved in cooking and placing nades with the risk of being defenseless, just imagining outpost as CLA.... ugh it's easy enough to spam nades already
Thanks given by:
^This mod wouldn't change the gameplay (i.e. "cooking")
Thanks given by:
i would like just a nade launcher, without it being an attachment
Thanks given by: