Poll: What maps should AssaultCube put into the package?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ac_ancient_mines
2.79%
9 2.79%
ac_banlieue
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_box_factory
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_brackish
1.55%
5 1.55%
ac_brick
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_cavern
6.50%
21 6.50%
ac_cloud
4.02%
13 4.02%
ac_dingy
3.72%
12 3.72%
ac_forsaken
5.26%
17 5.26%
ac_frost
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_heatstroke
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_heatstroke2
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_lainio
6.81%
22 6.81%
ac_metl3
5.88%
19 5.88%
ac_mojave2
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_prison
0.62%
2 0.62%
ac_swamp
8.98%
29 8.98%
ac_terros
11.76%
38 11.76%
core
0.93%
3 0.93%
electron
1.86%
6 1.86%
marvel
0.93%
3 0.93%
mpx_desierto_v1.3
2.48%
8 2.48%
Nocturne
4.02%
13 4.02%
Savana
4.95%
16 4.95%
Venison
7.74%
25 7.74%
Total 323 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Voting for the next official map!
ac_melt3 taken from the cube (all maps from cube work in ac), just changed the texture... strange to see it in the voting.
Thanks given by:
I think it took a little more effort than that, soldado.

Anyways, ac_douze is in the official map list as a throwback map to Cube, ac_metl3 would simply add to that idea.
Thanks given by:
/ctf ac_metl3
Thanks given by:
ac_ancient_mines by Jg99 for 1.2.

all other maps are clearly inferior.
Thanks given by:
prison, mojave2 and savana
Thanks given by:
My opinion. I think we need more official maps to enhance our enjoyment.
I analyzed the maps most votes so far. Some of them I already knew.
I would like to say that, the map that brings novelty and fun gameplay is ac_venison indisputably.
I can compare, ac_venison with ac_depot, both have a gameplay very peculiar.
ac_veniso is not a heavy map. I believe we already have official maps heavier.
I played a lot ac_venison and it's a very competitive map. It has many possible tactics and strategies.
Maybe you guys like other maps, but it is a mistake to dismiss ac_venison.
We need this map as new to the game!

Why we can not see who voted in the maps?
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 10:44PM)1Cap Wrote: ac_veniso is not a heavy map. I believe we already have official maps heavier.
What does a heavy map mean?
That's not the point of the poll.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 10:44PM)1Cap Wrote: Why we can not see who voted in the maps?
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 11:22PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(13 Dec 12, 10:44PM)1Cap Wrote: ac_veniso is not a heavy map. I believe we already have official maps heavier.
What does a heavy map mean?
That's not the point of the poll.

Poor fps in some areas, probably. Which is true. But better than ratty industrial etc.
Thanks given by:
biased when it suits
Thanks given by:
# M | A # Wolf - we could see the votes before and now its hidden. There must be a good reason for not being transparent vote!
Havy map = poor fps (ac_venison - some areas) - This does not invalidate the map. Imo.

ac_avenue1.1 FTW

I would like to know which players are voting and your maps. Why not?
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 11:55PM)1Cap Wrote: I would like to know which players are voting and your maps. Why not?
What good does that do? Only thing it might cause is the judging of other player's opinion and likes, and there's no actual beneficial reason to show it.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 12:51AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(13 Dec 12, 11:55PM)1Cap Wrote: I would like to know which players are voting and your maps. Why not?
What good does that do? Only thing it might cause is the judging of other player's opinion and likes, and there's no actual beneficial reason to show it.

Wrong. So there are moderators. To avoid off topic posts.
I gave my opinion about the map.
Hear from players that I respect only improves the vote.

Vote in the dark?
Rationale too weak to justify take off the transparency of the vote.

I do not know about other players, but I do not trust either in this vote.

*I sent a PM to RandumKiwi asking about it.
No answer ... Well, I think there is no reason for us.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 01:08AM)1Cap Wrote: No answer ... Well, I think there is no reason for us.
I already gave my reason, whether that satisfies you or not is another issue. We're going to end this conversation here, we're going quite off-topic :)
Thanks given by:
After actually looking through the maps, I have to say, I don't think that very many of them really should be included in an official release.

Savana
- There's one cooridor that would be misleading as it is not obvious that the entrance on the left would only lead you away from the rvsf base
- lighting in some places are an odd color that doesn't seem to fit as well. why would there by white flourescent lights in a desert map? same thing applies to lights in other parts

venison
- too large with areas where the wqd is too high. I wouldn't even consider making it official

ac_frost
- rvsf has faster access to 100 armor than cla has to 50
- decent other than that, but not much stands out

ac_mojave2
- not sure how well this map would work outside of large pubs with that many exits from each base. it might work, but it could be annoying with smaller teams

ac_heatstroke
- I remember playing on this one a long time ago and thinking it wasn't that great since the areas felt too large in general and it was a little bland with I think an area that was too dark.

ac_heatstroke2
-wqd gets too high in some places

ac_prison
-wqd gets too high in some places

ac_forsaken
- bases look way too similar to each other
- decent design other than that.

ac_ancient_mines
- made by jg99, so I didn't even bother downloading

ac_swamp
- didn't notice anything wrong with it other than the fact that undead co-authored it

ac_cavern
- too many intersections of different routes to really be able to be enjoyed by people unfamiliar with it, like most people who would randomly download ac and go into a server running offical maps only would be. Not sure if it would be a good idea to have this packaged in an official release because of this.

ac_brackish
- rvsf base both has more exits than cla base and is the only base with readily accessible armor.

ac_banlieu
- wqd is too high in some places
- the ceiling at the end of a ramp in one place blocks half of it
- seems more difficult to get out of the rvsf base

nocturne
- the beer bottle with the katakana label seems very out of place when you take into consideration the fact that all the signs are written in english
- at least 1 unreachable helmet

ac_brick
- not interested in arena style maps, having to copy/paste text for the link, or posts with the incorrect format

ac_box_factory
- wqd is way too high in some places

mpx_desierto_v1.3
- not a big fan of large maps with long narrow paths as someone who primarily uses smg. I just don't think I would enjoy playing on it very much.

ac_terros
-the link to download it is way to fucking annoying to deal with. I revoke my vote for it.

ac_cloud
- I like this map and think it might actually work

the three random ones with no screenshots and weird download links
- If you don't care enough about your maps to have them uploaded somewhere like akimbo or even include screenshots, you clearly don't care about them being made official

halo's maps
- nice job only voting for your own maps
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 09:19AM)Habluka Wrote: the beer bottle with the katakana label seems very out of place when you take into consideration the fact that all the signs are written in english
I love imported beers^^
Is terros getting votes because people know it or because its actually good? I think there are way better maps on the list than that one.
Thanks given by:
@Habluka

http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1739

blah
Thanks given by:
@Habluka

Quote:why would there by white flourescent lights

The reason is, because there are lamps to enlight the rooms.

In lightning it should be taken care, that you see a difference from synthetic light (lamps) and natural light (sun). This is giving a suitable Atmosphere, instead setting in and outdoor everywhere the same light.

Quote:-wqd gets too high in some places

if you notice on every second map high wqd, it isn't the problem of the maps.

EDIT :

Older generations of gfx cards have basically a problem to render properly the game. As example the row of fences on rattrap, which has nothing to do with the space, you can remove them (for test) and you will have a fine fps.

You will also drop fps on werk in the right house of red base, where the space is super little, but full of fences.

Venison hasn't any red areas in wqd, aslong you have a gfx card which support all render technics you need to play Assault Cube without issues.

maybe spending 30 dollar for a new gfx card makes sense from decades to decades, even back then with such cards you will also have lags on scaffold.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5593.html
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 12, 09:34PM)Undead Wrote: ac_ancient_mines by Jg99 for 1.2.

all other maps are clearly inferior.

more played than iceroad at least
Thanks given by:
Undead, you should probably submit the rework or something.
Thanks given by:
@ Habluka: Thanks for taking the time with all the maps & only giving my map WQD as a con. <3 & for pwning halo again.

@ RealViking: Welcome back.

@ Ory: Kiwi rejected it for this release and gave a couple reasons on how it'd be good enough to be accepted in the future.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 12, 09:19AM)Habluka Wrote: ac_cloud
- I like this map and think it might actually work

Thanks, I appreciate it. Releasing it on the day of the deadline without any advertising or anything probably didn't help with this vote though. Owell, heh.
Thanks given by:
We're accepting core, but not iceroad_rework? :|

EDIT: No offense to ME or anything, but it's definitely not official material.
Thanks given by:
core is amazing what's the matter with you
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 02:47AM)Orynge Wrote: We're accepting core, but not iceroad_rework? :|
[Image: 4f67f0c90eea4f1cb445180.png]
Thanks given by:
We're accepting any on this list?
Thanks given by:
That's why I'm suggesting for Undead to submit it to see what happens, unless he concedes that RK is right.
Thanks given by:
Well even if the votes go well, the 'devs have the final say', so would probably be the same result. Unless I got that wrong. :o
Thanks given by:
IF TERROS IS NOT ACCEPTED AC IS A SHIT GAME

i hope we can all agree.
Thanks given by:
atm most people agree (11.81%) so you dont panic and release your capslock key...
Thanks given by: