Introducing demoSHACK
A simple website to upload your AC demos.

http://lukeszanto.me/demoshack/

I am planning on adding alot of extras like categorising demos, adding scores to the demos, being able to search through different events/matches, being able to set as public/private. But for now you just get a link and i'll continue to work on it all.

I'll update this thread as I add more features.
Thanks given by:
Nice work buddy!
Thanks given by:
MyS gets all demos to review? :P

Looks good though, simple. A "demos uploaded today" feature would be cool.
Thanks given by:
nice one Cas :)
Thanks given by:
Very nicely done castiel. People will find this useful.

One question for you though, and not meaning to diss on the work:
Does your web host allowing file hosting sites? I don't think I've ever seen a Web host or a VPS host that did. Did you double-check the TOS?
Thanks given by:
well done, really user friendly!

btw add a link to the homepage, i just added a demo and i cant return to home :D
Thanks given by:
-> f1
Thanks given by:
Awesome! Nice job castiel
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, going to work a bit more on this today.

(06 Dec 12, 09:20AM)BigGunZ Wrote: MyS gets all demos to review? :P

Looks good though, simple. A "demos uploaded today" feature would be cool.

Yeah i'll add the uploaded, eventually categorising them will mean you can watch 1v1s/clan matches depending on what you like.

(06 Dec 12, 06:57PM)Zarj Wrote: Very nicely done castiel. People will find this useful.

One question for you though, and not meaning to diss on the work:
Does your web host allowing file hosting sites? I don't think I've ever seen a Web host or a VPS host that did. Did you double-check the TOS?

Hmm didn't evne think of that, i'll have to check with my VPS.

(06 Dec 12, 09:25PM)YourSister Wrote: well done, really user friendly!

btw add a link to the homepage, i just added a demo and i cant return to home :D

Will do a bit later, totally forgot as I sort of just chucked the html together rather quickly.
Thanks given by:
Niiiiice.
Seems Jg99's silvercloud demo thingy has competition ;)
Thanks given by:
How much space do you have on your server because I have decent upload speeds and some really really large demos if you get what I mean.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 12:28AM)Habluka Wrote: How much space do you have on your server because I have decent upload speeds and some really really large demos if you get what I mean.

Got 20gb at the moment but if it really becomes an issue I can move the files to another vps and update links.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 12:42AM)castiel Wrote: Got 20gb at the moment but if it really becomes an issue I can move the files to another vps and update links.

why not just set a limit to how large the uploads can be?
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 12:43AM)Habluka Wrote:
(07 Dec 12, 12:42AM)castiel Wrote: Got 20gb at the moment but if it really becomes an issue I can move the files to another vps and update links.

why not just set a limit to how large the uploads can be?

What would you limit it to, like 3mb? Max demo I have is 2.1mb.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 12:54AM)castiel Wrote: What would you limit it to, like 3mb? Max demo I have is 2.1mb.

probably around 3-5mb would work
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 12:56AM)Habluka Wrote:
(07 Dec 12, 12:54AM)castiel Wrote: What would you limit it to, like 3mb? Max demo I have is 2.1mb.

probably around 3-5mb would work

Yeah will do later when I update a few things, cheers for the suggestion.
Thanks given by:
If you haven't already I think it'd be a good idea to only allow .dmo files. Some time ago someone else did this and I remember someone was trolling and posted weird pics. Good job :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 02:30AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: If you haven't already I think it'd be a good idea to only allow .dmo files. Some time ago someone else did this and I remember someone was trolling and posted weird pics. Good job :)

Unless you write something that will actually verify that it is a demo file, that would be kind of pointless since you can put a .dmo extension on anything and trick people into downloading it. Unless it becomes a problem, I really don't see a need for that.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 03:07AM)Habluka Wrote:
(07 Dec 12, 02:30AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: If you haven't already I think it'd be a good idea to only allow .dmo files. Some time ago someone else did this and I remember someone was trolling and posted weird pics. Good job :)

Unless you write something that will actually verify that it is a demo file, that would be kind of pointless since you can put a .dmo extension on anything and trick people into downloading it. Unless it becomes a problem, I really don't see a need for that.

Yes, but the point is that if you upload an image file or a video or anything else as a .dmo, it won't render in the browser. So if someone is trying to get people to look at "weird pics" they will fail unless the user actually downloads the file AND changes the extension to the right one.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 03:56AM)Zarj Wrote: Yes, but the point is that if you upload an image file or a video or anything else as a .dmo, it won't render in the browser. So if someone is trying to get people to look at "weird pics" they will fail unless the user actually downloads the file AND changes the extension to the right one.

to prevent that, isn't there a way to force a download rather than having it shown in the browser?
Thanks given by:
wtf i made a demo site like that
and people hated it but nice work
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 04:14AM)Jg99 Wrote: wtf i made a demo site like that

It most likely failed because they hate you. Castiel, on the other hand, is loved by all of us.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 04:01AM)Habluka Wrote:
(07 Dec 12, 03:56AM)Zarj Wrote: Yes, but the point is that if you upload an image file or a video or anything else as a .dmo, it won't render in the browser. So if someone is trying to get people to look at "weird pics" they will fail unless the user actually downloads the file AND changes the extension to the right one.

to prevent that, isn't there a way to force a download rather than having it shown in the browser?

Sorry, I'm not sure you mean here.

If your browser gets a file with an unknown extension, it will ask you to choose to either save the file or select a program to open it. Either way, the end user has no idea that the file is actually an image.
Thanks given by:

So did I. : http://upload.assaultcu.be/
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 07:11PM)Luc@s Wrote: http://upload.assaultcu.be/

ExodusS approves.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 07:11PM)Luc@s Wrote:

So did I. : http://upload.assaultcu.be/

I don't really like that color scheme or the "plz upload!"
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 10:01PM)Habluka Wrote: I don't really like that color scheme or the "plz upload!"

suggestions are welcome
Thanks given by:
It's cool for its simple design, but I would use yellow-orange text and black background. Same for the buttons, I think it's more relaxing for our eyes.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 01:29AM)Andrez Wrote: It's cool for its simple design, but I would use yellow-orange text and black background. Same for the buttons, I think it's more relaxing for our eyes.

also, a font with curved edges like comic sans would make it even more relaxing
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 01:30AM)Habluka Wrote:
(10 Dec 12, 01:29AM)Andrez Wrote: It's cool for its simple design, but I would use yellow-orange text and black background. Same for the buttons, I think it's more relaxing for our eyes.

also, a font with curved edges like comic sans would make it even more relaxing
lol. uz dis http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Molengo
Thanks given by: