AC Interview: Ronald_Reagan
1) Which members of the AC Community would you like to see filmed eating the Top 5 hottest peppers in the world?

A) Nightmare
B) MKeezy
C) Cactus
D) ShadowZ
E) Zarj

2) What is your favorite weapon, and why?

Assault Rifle \:D

But really, the carbine. I prefer single shot weapons in all games except Borderlands. They force me to aim, and I actually hit things. Of course, this works best in slower paced games.

3) What is your favorite mode, and why?

Absolutely Surv. Because it is awesome. I really like they way it gets played. The game changes a lot from the normal game. I really wish scores were calculated in rounds won, rather than kills. Ah well.

4) What is your favorite official map, and why?

Arid is a great map. I really enjoy it for 1v1 OSOK (no t). DM is also fun on it.

5) When you and a couple others originally started the Presidential Bodyguards, did you ever expect it to go so far and grow so large? Why or why not?

At the start I don't know what I expected. And I didn't expect for it to become super large. I don't know if I ever expected what happened. I expected something much more like Xu. Which happened in a couple respects. By that I mean we have three eXu'ers ofc.

6) If you HAD to merge B} with another AC clan, which other clan would you want to merge with?

Always HyPE. Really, it would've been Xu. But HyPE is sexy. And like B}, except more competitive. HyPE <3.

7) What other games do you play currently, including videos games, trading card games, and board games?

AssaultCube, Borderlands 1+2, COD4, Garrys Mod, Starcraft 2, CounterStrike Source (came with Garrys Mod), and Portal 2.

I play a special kind of trading card game called money. I trade money cards for stuff like food and other necessities. Like internet.

Board games:
Settlers of Catan all the way.

When I play games.

8) Oh, so you like Starcraft 2. Groovy. What is your favorite race in the game and why? Also what is your favorite campaign mission and why?

Absolutely hate playing with zerg. They are just disgusting. Make weird sounds and stuff. Protoss are really awesome, and would probably fit my style of play the best. However I do not play them as much (in SC2).

I think my favorite mission was one of the final ones where you played with all the heros. There was also the diamondback one which was fun. Also the one where you were in the city with the odin and attacked things.

9) When you joined the AC Dev Team, it seemed like you were just a Mac Packaging Guy. What else have you done as a developer for the game?

AC Devs have "jobs" in a sense. But really stuff that needs to get done gets done by whoever can do it. At least right now (with sparse activity). So recently I have added another weapon stat - armour piercing (which has eternally screwed up my spelling between armour and armor). I also try to push development forward by continuing to ask Aerke what the plan is. Essentially pester him to keep things rolling. I'm not even sure if he needs that help. I do it anyways though.

10) How did you find out about Assault Cube?

A Wikipedia list of free first person shooters.

11) Why do you love Assault Cube?

AssaultCube is wonderful. The community is nice for the most part. I think one of the great things about the game is the size. Because it is so small, the main community is the size of a small community for big games. Or just that is my guess. The game is also crafted well. Cubescript is a huge draw for me, it is super extensive as compared to other gaming languages.

12) Do you believe fans of GEMA should just go make a stand-alone mod of their own where they can live freely with other Gema lovers? Why or why not?

A gema lover shouldn't get mad when it doesn't get support from the main game. A separate mod or master-server would serve them well. A single player mod makes sense and is completely possible. I see no reason to have other people in the server with you while you play a gema. It just confuses new players, and doesn't really contribute much back to AC.

13) Why should the community be nicer to the devs?

AssaultCube would not be made without devs. Also we are sexy sexy people. Jamz is a straight up good person. As well as Aerke. And all the other devs.

14) Can you please name a few of your current favorite bands/music artists?

How about what I've listened to recently?
Schubert - Death and the Maiden (favorite string quartet)
Balkan Beat Box
Peeping Tom
Kate Bush
Of Montreal
RHCP
Gorillaz
Steely Dan MM10
Toubab Krewe
Philip Glass

15) Do you think John Hinckley, Jr. should get the Electric Chair for trying to kill you back in 1981? Why or why not?

Absolutely not, he was just trying to impress a chick. Also, killing people is wrong. We should just forcibly permanently retire people.

16) Which war throughout history, anywhere on Earth at any time, do you believe was the most significant for the progress of Humankind?

A incredibly pointless war the war of 1812.

War is pointless and should be forgotten.

17) Einstein once said "I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Do you think this will be true, or will it be more like Star Wars? Or sticks that shoot lasers? Or just more advanced versions of modern day weapons?

A future WW will be fought with sticks that fire stones. And soon after chainsaw firing rocket launchers (rocket-launcher firing chainsaw?)

18) What is your favorite food, and favorite drink?

Alfredo is sick and my favorite kind of pasta probably. Not sure really, can't answer this.

19) Do you want Marijuana legalized in your state? Why or why not?

A law should be passed allowing Marijuana usage, as long as it is is taxed and brings in revenue (we need as much money as possible).

20) Blizzard has BlizzCon, Mojang has MineCon, etc. Should jamz stop stealing the AC donation money and host a CubeCon to give back to all of the loving fans?

ACon would be great, but would probably not be big enough to be worth not hosting in someones backyard (/me votes for jamz's backyard). Also, iirc a lot of AC donation money has come from jamz himself.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare Wrote:7) What other games do you play currently, including videos games, trading card games, and board games?

Ronald_Reagan Wrote:AssaultCube

You know, I've got a feeling Ronald_Reagan is not being entirely truthful with us here.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: How about what I've listened to recently?
Schubert - Death and the Maiden (favorite string quartet)
Balkan Beat Box
Peeping Tom
Kate Bush
Of Montreal
RHCP
Gorillaz
Steely Dan MM10
Toubab Krewe
Philip Glass

confirmed for having shit taste in music
Thanks given by:
philip glass is the shit
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with Philip Glass? :(
Thanks given by:
Philip Glass is shit when you don't know how to appreciate music in a technical sense, yes.

Philip Glass is the shit when you know how to appreciate music in a technical sense.

(29 Nov 12, 02:01PM)InitialSAW Wrote:
Nightmare Wrote:7) What other games do you play currently, including videos games, trading card games, and board games?

Ronald_Reagan Wrote:AssaultCube

You know, I've got a feeling Ronald_Reagan is not being entirely truthful with us here.

Some B}s would agree :>
Thanks given by:
Philip Glass and Schubert! Both very amazing!

I would have to say that RR taste in music is borderless and beautiful.
Thanks given by:
Just because it always reminds me of you, RR.

Thanks given by:
Quote:17) Einstein once said "I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Do you think this will be true, or will it be more like Star Wars? Or sticks that shoot lasers? Or just more advanced versions of modern day weapons?

Intifadah

Quote:I see no reason to have other people in the server with you while you play a gema.
share knowledge. Some gema are quite hard and without other players, I would have no idea how to finish them. Also doing something with people is better than doing it alone.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 07:35PM)Misty Wrote: awesomeness

thats hilarious!

great interview

never knew u were Xu :P
Thanks given by:
never was, by three I meant two I think
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: D) ShadowZ
Shout-out, fuck yes! \o/

(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...we have three eXu'ers ofc.
Eh? 3? I guess Ory's such a spirited fellow he counts as 3 then...
EDIT: Oic. You confused eXu (Orynge) with exU :P (i.e. Zarj and applecake) to get 3. Age is getting to ya RR ;).

(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: Merge B}
|HyBeQ} ftw!

(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: When I play games.
RR don't fuck around yo.

(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: Balkan Beat Box
<3

Good interview.
Thanks given by:
Quote:doing something with people is better than doing it alone.

circle jerk!

Quote:Philip Glass is the shit when you know how to appreciate music in a technical sense.

I don't think you need technical knowledge to appreciate philip glass. Minimalism was my favorite style of 'classical' music even before i started studying music and his crossovers with various artists still defy genre pigeon-holing.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare should interview me :3

Just sayin'

:P
Thanks given by:
Interview Jg99. The people demand it.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 12:47AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Interview Jg99. The people demand it.

this
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: D) ShadowZ
Shad. Do it.

(29 Nov 12, 11:40PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...we have three eXu'ers ofc.
Eh? 3? I guess Ory's such a spirited fellow he counts as 3 then...
EDIT: Oic. You confused eXu (Orynge) with exU :P (i.e. Zarj and applecake) to get 3. Age is getting to ya RR ;).
Well, we used to have Mai...

ACon/CubeCon isn't viable. I know that I wouldn't be able to go to it.
Thanks given by:
ACon at Mshimmies. I'll bring the bourbon.
Thanks given by:
Xu| FTW.
Great interview Nightmare, as always!
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 11:34AM)Orynge Wrote: ACon/CubeCon isn't viable. I know that I wouldn't be able to go to it.

CubeCon would probably involve AC/Sauer/Red Eclipse. If we bring the lands back together to re-create pangaea, then there would be enough people at a close enough distance to make it happen. :3
Thanks given by:
You forgot to ask why he calls himself Ronald Reagan and sounds so Jimmy Carter like :P
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 07:35PM)Misty Wrote: Video

Did this guy just say tribal tattoos are from the 90's? Where do these people get their information from??!?!

(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)R_R Wrote: A incredibly pointless war the war of 1812.

War is pointless and should be forgotten.

I agree. I also think America would have been better off had the British won this war.
Thanks given by:
Great, there was some questions I didn't get but still great, who's next in line for interview???
Thanks given by:
optic and wolf, whoever is trending more at the time.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 01:47PM)Nightmare Wrote: 15) Do you think John Hinckley, Jr. should get the Electric Chair for trying to kill you back in 1981? Why or why not?

Absolutely not, he was just trying to impress a chick. Also, killing people is wrong. We should just forcibly permanently retire people.

B}ros after ho's WAT. His S.S. check is in the MALE :p
Thanks given by:
M|A#Wolf?
Thanks given by:
Yes. :3
Thanks given by:
interview me nightmare! i will tell u all the truth!
Thanks given by:
El Crema!!
Thanks given by:
(01 Dec 12, 08:36PM)YourSister Wrote: interview me nightmare! i will tell u all the truth!
Speaking of truth...aren't you in w00p?
Your user title says MyS lol.
(yes i know, offtopic, but still it was bugging me)
Thanks given by: