Riverside
(22 Nov 12, 07:21AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: FINALLY. have we all overlooked how ac_silence? does that map not appeal to anyone here besides me? lol
Some say it's a bit too big...
Thanks given by:
so? cut it down :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 12, 07:24AM)Orynge Wrote: I think that the last time it was suggested, many people said they didn't like the layout.
Thats why ac_silence_match was made. It still has some odd areas though (a ladder that you can climb but leads to nowhere). Still a better deal than ac_silence, for playing. I'd suggest you take a look! :)
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 12, 08:53PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: ac_riverside2012

[+]
Thanks given by:
That screenshot, Think3r, is not from any of Shadow's versions of riverside. This is probably the version Felix has. Did you edit that, or do you know who did?
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 11:59AM)jamz Wrote: Did you edit that, or do you know who did?
I edited the map.
Thanks given by:
Riverside is not about long strategic battles, or massive thrust counter-thrust style warfare, it's about tactical explosiveness pure and simple. It plays exceptionally well with a 20 or a little bit more, preferably a touch more ;), people to a server. The flags are easy to find, and if you're having a hard time getting through one way, you can easily switch it up and slide along another route. No one side really has the advantage because any Slaughter rule-esque score can quickly be readdressed with some straight forward petal to the metal hammer down focus. Because of the flags closeness to each other it emphasizes player's TDM skills more then their flag running. This is extremely important. I know a lot of players don't need help in this area, but many middie's like myself, do. What Riverside does is combine the best of both modes into one map. It offers enough variations to satisfy even the most quirky players, while still maintaining a sense of decorum. It's fast paced and vibrant for a reason. It's Riverside.
Thanks given by:
* YesWeCamp thanks Morgankell
Thanks given by:
Heeeeeeey jaaaaaaaamz ^^^^^^ ::wink wink::
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 12, 01:23PM)YesWeCamp Wrote:
(22 Nov 12, 07:24AM)Orynge Wrote: I think that the last time it was suggested, many people said they didn't like the layout.
Thats why ac_silence_match was made. It still has some odd areas though (a ladder that you can climb but leads to nowhere). Still a better deal than ac_silence, for playing. I'd suggest you take a look! :)
What blasphemy is this. Link us :o.

(23 Nov 12, 11:59AM)jamz Wrote: That screenshot, Think3r, is not from any of Shadow's versions of riverside. This is probably the version Felix has. Did you edit that, or do you know who did?
Whoa. The version of Riverside I've seen isn't dark at all - it's really bright in fact, lotsa lightly colored textures, is that the original?
confusion.jpg
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 11:59AM)jamz Wrote: That screenshot, Think3r, is not from any of Shadow's versions of riverside. This is probably the version Felix has. Did you edit that, or do you know who did?

Does Shadow license his work to allow others to feely edit his maps?
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 04:58PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: What blasphemy is this. Link us :o.
Jamz just put up the link where its included in: http://andclan.yourbb.nl/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=499 Enjoy!
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 06:57PM)jiba Wrote: Does Shadow license his work to allow others to freely edit his maps?

http://andclan.yourbb.nl/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=500

He's given permission to somebody before, I suppose you could ask.
Thanks given by:
ACR morals, I shouldn’t expect anything else
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 08:01PM)jiba Wrote: ACR morals, I shouldn’t expect anything else
Really I'm getting pretty sick of people like you,Discriminating against me because i play acr. Also why do you guy's think I didn't link the map,I didn't even save what i edited.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 11:12PM)Think3r Wrote: Discrimination in AC
[Image: boy-that-escalated-quickly_zps178aa246.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also, ac_hawk is an awesome map for KTF. Just sayin'.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 12, 11:12PM)Think3r Wrote: Really I'm getting pretty sick of people like you,Discriminating against me because i play acr. Also why do you guy's think I didn't link the map,I didn't even save what i edited.

I make no excuse for my dislike of ACR which in general is due to the lack of respect (and rudeness) by which the ACR developer and contributing figures have gone about their project. Selfish of me I know. I assumed you do contribute to ACR and support it which may well motivate me to discriminate against you? In the present case I am not discriminating against you because you play ACR, but because you have gone about modifying Shadows map in the wrong way. You can read Shadow’s comment for yourself. Regardless of there not being a link to a saved modified map one wonders why you posted it at all?

Apologies Morgan I will get back to the original thread. You clearly love Riverside, there is no doubt about that. It is also clear from the vast majority of responses people like all of Shadows maps.

Randum has made a very valid point, you need Shadows blessing to have his maps considered and accepted to be added to the official package. But if anything else this thread will hopefully get his maps played and enjoyed more whether they be official or not.
Thanks given by:
ac_hawk ftw

sorry for offtopic-ish but what is this?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/modernas...=directory
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 12, 02:33PM)jiba Wrote: I am not discriminating against you because you play ACR, but because you have gone about modifying Shadows map in the wrong way.

jiba Wrote:ACR morals, I shouldn’t expect anything else
This post doesn't even mention the map and causally insults ACR. Don't try to take your statement back.

Aside from that I don't understand why everyone is so butthurt he messed with some lights to take a screenshot. The whole point of the editor is to edit maps -- why do you expect people to not do so? Doesn't seem to fit the open source spirit.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 12, 08:16PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: This post doesn't even mention the map and causally insults ACR. Don't try to take your statement back.

I don't take my statement back, and you are correct in thinking I was insulting ACR
Thanks given by:
Felix don't even try defending acr you clearly have no idea about the meaning of a license. Your comment on editing someone elses map only confirms that. Please take your hacks there bb.
Thanks given by:
YesWeCamp, clearly you are ignorant in this situation. I never defended ACR, and by hacks I will assume from your previous hostility that you mean cheats, which I don't use. I think we should drop this for the topic's sake; I am disinterested in this matter, I was merely pointing out the error of jiba's reasoning in this thread.
Thanks given by:
Albeit my opinion there is no error in my reasoning,
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 12:42AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I think we should drop this for the topic's sake; I am disinterested in this matter, I was merely pointing out the error of jiba's reasoning in this thread.
Lol. You should have thought about that "disinterest" beforehand before stepping on eggshells (and possibly YMC's toes) around here...
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 12:49AM)jiba Wrote: Albeit my opinion there is no error in my reasoning,

Perhaps a bad choice of words on my part. I was only pointing out that you evidently are biased against Think3r because he supports ACR, then say
jiba Wrote:I am not discriminating against you because you play ACR

ShadowFlameZ Wrote:Lol. You should have thought about that "disinterest" beforehand before stepping on eggshells (and possibly YMC's toes) around here...

Look up disinterested. I honestly only have an idea of who you two are. Oblivious as to what/who YMC is.
Thanks given by:
Lol, just like how people only get an idea about who you are by your user title ;).
Anywho we've burnt this thread enough, sorry Cap'n Morgan.
Thanks given by:
End of thread summary:

a) ac_riverside is awesome, to add it to AC however, requires permission from the creator. It also requires editing to bring down the WQD and better lighting (plus some other small modifications).
b) Any mod of AC that has not been done probably, is probably copied by some shit-arse arrogant dickweed that has no respect for AC at all and should fuck right off. If you intend to defend these mods or their creators, you can fuck off too. All editing of anyone elses material should respect the wishes of the creators of that material.
c) We don't apologise for blatantly insulting these mods.
Thanks given by: