SVN NON PROVING THREADS
Just tested SVN in 2v2.

Every weapon is useless and a piece of shit and is like a pea shooter. The AR is far to weak. The smg shoots peas. The sniper is balanced, but is overpowered because of the weakness of the guns.

Plz put more damage on both weapons lel
Thanks given by:
I have to say: AR definitely needs 20 bullets.
Thanks given by:
the sniper era begins.
Thanks given by:
1.0 sniper
1.0 smg but a bit weaker
1.0 ar but a bit weaker...

thats how balance is atm
Thanks given by:
keel full autos!!!
But yeah the winners of weekend cups can't win with carbine/shotgun because they don't have real skill. Truth.
Thanks given by:
expected activate superpowers!
Thanks given by:
(04 Nov 12, 06:34PM)Xenon Wrote: The AR is far to weak.
(04 Nov 12, 06:50PM)IloveAC:D Wrote: I have to say: AR definitely needs 20 bullets.
[Image: you-dont-say.jpg&sa=X&ei=V82WUI-dIIGf0QW...EQFyurW7sA]

Edit : Read also
(27 Oct 12, 10:35AM)|HP| Wrote: I have seen many threads like this before, any discussion is pointless! If you want to waste yout thoughts in this thread, feel free to do so... but as i said, its pointless. [...] The game itself can be made more popular with many other things added/fixed, not just gema. But that wont happen because it doesnt fit into the developers idea of what this game should be.
Thanks given by:
Eddy, you depress me.
Thanks given by:
I think we're trying to fix the balance because it is broken not because we want to make the game more popular. Gema is not a bandage for a broken system.
Thanks given by:
@Edward:
Which underlines we should double our efforts to make our voice heard, no matter what :)

EDIT: 3 posts in 1 minute!
Thanks given by:
@mael : you misunderstood my post or I failed to express myself properly. I am talking about the ar : "with many other things added/fixed".
I quoted HP because I couldn't say it better than he did. This is about devs policy. If you still dont understand read this thread : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2074.html
Thanks given by:
(04 Nov 12, 10:00PM)Edward Wrote: you misunderstood my post or I failed to express myself properly.
[Image: 29594924.jpg]

Nah, I know what you mean.
You were using HP's quote because of what he said at the end...
(27 Oct 12, 10:35AM)|HP| Wrote: The game itself can be made more popular with many other things added/fixed, not just gema. But that wont happen because it doesnt fit into the developers idea of what this game should be.
Thanks given by:
(04 Nov 12, 10:04PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ..
Or maybe he ment that starting threads about weapon balance being bad wont change anything lol
idk and dont care:D

I haz questions. Whos opinion was being listened to when they decided to make the balance in SVN as it is now? Cuz im confused?! Shouldnt the people who know best about competitive parts of this game be more involved?

AC makes my brain explode
Thanks given by:
lol shadow. I edited but I am too slow :p
Thanks given by:
The SVN basiclly makes armor 100x more useful then what it is in 1.1

This really needs to be reviewed. AR needs a buff with less spread and up to 20 bullets.
SMG really needs more power, I don't know what's changed but it's really weak.
SNIPER IS OP IF THESE SETTINGS STAY THE SAME.
Carbine is actually good in survivor on douze because AR is impossible.
Shotgun seemed good.
Thanks given by:
months ago players said that in the current version

AR is OP
Sniper is unuseful
SMG shoot peas and its difficult to handle

So what they did makes sense

AR now is weaker
SMG keep shooting peas
Sniper gets better

thats balance
Thanks given by:
Yes, the devs should wave their magical wand and it'll instantly become balanced. They clearly aren't working hard enough.
[/sarcasm]
Thanks given by:
The balance would be fine now if everyone had 85 hp instead of 100... lol
Thanks given by:
F1 yoursister.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 10:54AM)YourSister Wrote: [...]
AR now is weaker
SMG keep shooting peas
Sniper gets better

thats balance

Yeah, but the question isn't just about whether the weapons are balanced or not.

It's even more important than balance to choose the right methods to achieve the balance. I think this is where Xenon sees the problem: Some carefulness is needed to avoid destroying the gameplay.

And Ory is correct, it does take some time to get it right.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 10:54AM)YourSister Wrote: months ago players said that in the current version

AR is OP
Sniper is unuseful

AR now is weaker
SMG keep shooting peas
Sniper gets better

thats balance
F1
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 10:54AM)YourSister Wrote: months ago players said that in the current version

AR is OP
Sniper is unuseful

AR now is weaker
SMG keep shooting peas
Sniper gets better

thats balance

Decrease the AR but NOT THAT MUCH !!! +15 max dmg for smg and -150 for AR dont seems more balanced to me. Does it really make sense for you Yoursister? You gotta explain it to me because I am sorry but I really dont understand :(

Never said that sniper was "unuseful" and smg difficult to handle btw.
Thanks given by:
With the balance now: The game is a slower version of ASSAULTCUBE.
The game is more devoted to armor.
The AR is very useless, and it's only positive is the Rifle Jump.
The SMG is much more powerful and useful then the AR, bar' the rifle jump.
The SR is fine.
The SG appears to be very decent, and much better balanced in the SVN over the other version.
The Carbine is great, in Survivor modes because it's nearly impossible to kill 1 person on a map such as douze with 1 clip with either the SMG or AR.
The mode survivor appeals way more to the Single Fire weapons.
CTF appears to be too slow.

Changes I would like: AR to be back to the balance is has now, or a bit less spread with the damage the AR has now.
SMG to be buffed with the recoil lowered a bit less then what it is now and the spread to be what it is in the SVN now.
Carbine to have a slightly faster fire-rate.
Sniper to be kept same.
Shotgun kept same.
Thanks given by:
*exoduss loves the sniper in general*
*exoduss add "I think" before everyone affirmation*
*exoduss see AR users' rage*
*exoduss laugh hard*

Hopefully, many of you are not in the prooving ground.
Thanks given by:
proving ground is for nerds
Thanks given by:
Of course the game feels slower, after all we don't have ARs only rifle sprinting everywhere.
Thanks given by:
@xenon
if they would balance it opposite way , they would have to add auto-aim hack for sniper r. ;)
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 07:49PM)Alien Wrote: if they would balance it opposite way , they would have to add auto-aim hack for sniper r. ;)

No they wouldn't. Simply make sniper penetrate shield (remove most shield) and lower damage to 66.

Sniper + 2 pistols = kill at any 100 + <25 shield.
Sniper + 3 pistols = kill at any 100 + 25 shield (or more).

Sniper now kills in the same time (720ms) as AR vs a 100-hp 100-shield player.

But yet 1 sniper shot can be healed so as to take a second shot with a single medkit. This keeps the game fast paced.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 03:21PM).ExodusS* Wrote: *exoduss loves the sniper in general*
*exoduss add "I think" before everyone affirmation*
*exoduss see AR users' rage*
*exoduss laugh hard*

BAHAHA love it!!! F1 for .ExodusS*

ALSO: Edward, you are truly disturbed. First the kid humping the dog, now this weird gay-as-hell video. Please stop. Keep your perverse internet browsing finds to yourself. You have now made me physically ill 2 too many times.

EDIT*** TY to whomever deleted Edwards post.
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 12, 08:19AM)Xenon Wrote: Shotgun seemed good.

there you go. wasn't that the whole issue? also.. something about douze?
Thanks given by: