ac_heatstroke2
ac_heatstroke2 by Syntax and ''Zodiak

The second version of ac_heatstroke! But this version we go UNDERGROUND! Into the once hidden urban area in the heatstroke desert!

[Image: 20120926_08.16.04_ac_heatstroke2_coop.jpg]

Download from Media fire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydzz9h4r26pmpxs

Link to Quadropolis post:
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3686
Thanks given by:
Hopefully I get to play on it again soon, seeing as this time you've added pick-ups. 'Tis great fun. :)
Thanks given by:
its a little bit crappy
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 12, 03:42PM)HermannWolf Wrote: its a little bit crappy

Okay, sorry troll.
Thanks given by:
Looks nice. Can we see a link to the original heatstroke?
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 12, 10:13PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Looks nice. Can we see a link to the original heatstroke?

It's also on Quadropolis:
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3685
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 12, 03:58PM)Shorty Wrote:

Okay, sorry troll.

way to take criticism

map looks nice, good work
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 02:43AM)Cemer Wrote:

Okay, sorry troll.

way to take criticism

Seeing as the post was his second post on the forums i don't really see why i even need to listen to his opinion as hes an obvious troll.. after all he asked for nazi playerskins..
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 02:43AM)Cemer Wrote:
Okay, sorry troll.
way to take criticism
In Shorty's/Zodiak's/Aussie-Clanhopper's defense, Hermann didn't provide much evidence, or even an explanation as to why he thought it was a crappy map.

On the other hand, he could've been sarcastic, surprising us all by in fact Zodiax Mapping Fanboy #1.
Or Jg99's alt. That'd be something.
Thanks given by:
Nice layout, but details are missing IMHO.
Thanks given by:
I like the simplicity of the details & layout. Could use some more details, like the outside area walls are very plain. Some pick-up placement has poor gameflow. Like the one room where you have to jump on the boxes to get ammo/or health. It's like the armor on shine, you gotta climb boxes, jump a fence, climb more boxes, then get out as well. Annoying & slows down the gameplay.

Nice map though. :3
Thanks given by:
ight. prolly not in the best position to add input given my previous attempts at mapping but here we go:

the overall layout is good. in several instances you give the player two directions to head in: a shortcut that is harder to maneuver or the long way around. love to see that in maps.

as nightmare said: a couple pickups are sitting on the edge of boxes or hovering in the air. those can be easily fixed.

the only major thing about this map that i dont like are the walls. the doorways are a touch tall and nightmare brings up a good point: the outside walls are indeed plain.

this map is yet again set in a desert climate but you make up for that because of the tunnels. would love to see it in gameplay :D
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 12, 06:23PM)Nightmare Wrote: Some pick-up placement has poor gameflow. Like the one room where you have to jump on the boxes to get ammo/or health. It's like the armor on shine, you gotta climb boxes, jump a fence, climb more boxes, then get out as well. Annoying & slows down the gameplay.
"Slows gameplay" to some, makes it more challenging for others ;).
And you know what the pros say when they see a new "challenge"...
[Image: knapp01.png]
Thanks given by:
Sorry about this quick post, will probably come back to this map as it looks really good:
There are at least two texture errors (or just ugly)

The default texture for walls is used immediately north-west of the akimbo pickup, and on the ceiling of the room north of that (top-right screenshot)
Thanks given by:
I absolutely love this map,ive always liked these desert maps and this is awesome.Underground stuff is cool.AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Thnx Zombie :)
Thanks given by:
Add some lights in the tunel man, I didn't even see the ladders.
Thanks given by: