Thanks given by:
This is ac_factory by Boeufmironton.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1030.html
Thanks given by:
I love this map. Just saying.
Thanks given by:
omg make it official.
D:
* Nightmare hacks way into private forums to take hostages and demand this become official.
Thanks given by:
Wow. I'm blown away by that SS alone, assuming that the rest of the map looks as good as that. Very realistic.
Thanks given by:
it's already on the list of potentials, Nightmare.
Thanks given by:
thanks ronald for help
Thanks given by:
It's a very sexy map, lots of sexy textures/mapmodels that really make it stand out from the rest. It also looks like a good map for 1v1s. Less rattrap more factory :>
Thanks given by:
I thought it was a different game with the AC HUD glued on top of it for a second, the textures and mapmodels are so good! Reminds me of Half Life 2 for some reason. Either way I want that custom content available default. <3
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 07:21PM)V-Wifey Wrote: it's already on the list of potentials, Nightmare.
Ah, well it's a shame that we wouldn't know.
Thanks given by:
Download link for the lazy.

Also,
(22 Sep 12, 09:07PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(22 Sep 12, 07:21PM)V-Wifey Wrote: it's already on the list of potentials, Nightmare.
This is what I was afraid of when the new private forum was started.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion, the textures/models in ac_factory are more in line with Sauerbraten's style than AC's.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 10:56PM)Aekom Wrote: Download link for the lazy.

Also,
This is what I was afraid of when the new private forum was started.

Actually, she doesn't have anymore access than you. (last I heard)

Also, it wasn't one that was talked about a lot in the PG.

(22 Sep 12, 11:31PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: In my opinion, the textures/models in ac_factory are more in line with Sauerbraten's style than AC's.

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 11:31PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: In my opinion, the textures/models in ac_factory are more in line with Sauerbraten's style than AC's.
I'll admit, you do have a good point. However...dat realism O.o (assuming the playability is as good as the realistic features).

(22 Sep 12, 11:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
Actually, she doesn't have anymore access than you. (last I heard)
Well she has access to her husband...if you know what I mean.
;)
Thanks given by:
Sorry if this has gone off-topic, but someone decided to close the thread related to this.

(22 Sep 12, 11:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Also, it wasn't one that was talked about a lot in the PG.

If this is the only way to get the latest info about AC development, then fine. What are the maps that are being talked about in PG right now?
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 11:48PM)Aekom Wrote: If this is the only way to get the latest info about AC development, then fine. What are the maps that are being talked about in PG right now?
I feel we may need to either a) let all forum users be able to at least see the new subforum or b) have a public thread that posts maps being considered. Who's considering them is irrelevant...eh paul?
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 11:38PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
I'll admit, you do have a good point. However...dat realism O.o (assuming the playability is as good as the realistic features).

Sounds like you are basing your opinion on the screenshot, which is exceptional. Frankly it's a bit of a disappointment when you download it. The textures/models aren't as great as one would infer from the screenshot, and some places are cramped. It is nevertheless an impressive map, but I would not personally consider it for inclusion in the official AC package.
Thanks given by:
I just downloaded and explored for a few min.
I see why you'd think that it's more of a sauer map, there's something about the way it's designed.
I wasn't too disappointed - it'd definitely stand out (in some good and some bad ways) if it were compared alongside some of the official maps, imo.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 11:48PM)Aekom Wrote: Sorry if this has gone off-topic, but someone decided to close the thread related to this.

(22 Sep 12, 11:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Also, it wasn't one that was talked about a lot in the PG.

If this is the only way to get the latest info about AC development, then fine. What are the maps that are being talked about in PG right now?

Same as the ones mentioned in the public thread for the most part.
Thanks given by:
Boeuf... <3 ;_; come back.

(22 Sep 12, 11:38PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(22 Sep 12, 11:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Actually, she doesn't have anymore access than you. (last I heard)
Well she has access to her husband...if you know what I mean.
;)
Wifey is contributing to the public forum, which is a lot more than certain other people are doing. She doesn't ever whine about not being able to see the private forum, and doesn't pester me with requests to know about it. She simply does what is in her means to help other people organize their thoughts and express them constructively.
Y'all take her example ok.
Thanks given by:
There are two types of people here that want to see the private forum. Thoes that want to shout "Elitism is taking over AC!" and demand that they're allowed to post and view whatever they wish, regardless of how useless their posts generally are.

And then there is the other type that are genuinely interested in the development of AC and just wish to see what the future entails for it, maybe giving useful suggestions and advice along the way. These people (the ones who don't already have access) are stuck in limbo, so to speak, and are being kept out of the loop.

However, I do see the reasons why you wouldn't want to publicise the private forum. I just wish there was some possible form of compromise for us all. :(
Thanks given by:
This has been talked about already, this thread has been answered.

FYI, there is conversation behind the scenes about making it all publicly viewable. So stop complaining about it ;)
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 11:51PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: I feel we may need to either a) let all forum users be able to at least see the new subforum or b) have a public thread that posts maps being considered. Who's considering them is irrelevant...eh paul?
Flami Flami, what is irrelevant for you, might not be irrelevant for others...
(23 Sep 12, 07:33AM)Aekom Wrote: There are two types of people here that want to see the private forum. Thoes that want to shout "Elitism is taking over AC!" and demand that they're allowed to post and view
I dont know if this intended towards me, or not, but, FYI, I only want to see WHO has access.
Imagine they decide not to make it public, I wouldnt care as long as I know who is in there so I can form my opinion on what this really is, cause everyone has their views on what is good and what is wrong...
Thanks given by:
Anyone that has been long enough to know what they're talking about, anyone that isn't known for spamming in the forums, anyone with experience in mapping, anyone in experience with private matches, anyone that has a solid general knowledge of the game as a whole. There's your list.

paulmauddibKa Wrote:I wouldnt care as long as I know who is in there so I can form my opinion on what this really is, cause everyone has their views on what is good and what is wrong...
No one needs you to form an opinion, just be certain that constructive and progressive discussions are getting done there :)
Thanks given by:
I dont like derailing this further, but Im not satisfied.
I want to form my own opinion away from my bias (which is gemas will be overlooked by EVERY guy on that list).
As soon as I see the list, I will know, without having to have access to that forum, if gemas opinions will be voiced.
I know there are other important things that need to be addressed as well, but that doesnt take away from the fact that gemas are a VERY important part of this beautiful game, as @Snipercamp maps are too, or mods, or meta games.
I think I know the answer already, but recent pots by Ärke and V-Man hinted towards gemas being taking into consideration and I want to see to what extent that is true.
Fair enough?
Thanks given by:
the fact that the knowledge of a private, non-accessible-to-most forum exists was leaked is what makes me sad

anyone who knows private information (such as the potential map list); keep it private until the team is actually prepared to handle backlash for a decision

other than that, it seems like a great map.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Ärke and V-Man hinted towards gemas being taking into consideration
Lolwut.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 12, 08:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: This has been talked about already, this thread has been answered.

FYI, there is conversation behind the scenes about making it all publicly viewable. So stop complaining about it ;)

Meant to close this. But before I do, let me respond to this this.

(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I dont like derailing this further, but Im not satisfied.

I'm sorry, but in this case we aren't choosing to satisfy you. Lower your expectations or look somewhere else for satisfaction.

(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I want to form my own opinion away from my bias (which is gemas will be overlooked by EVERY guy on that list).

Not sure what you meant by "own opinion away from my bias", but the parans is just laughable. Of course every guy will overlook gemas, that is why we choose them. Gemas are not, and will never be an official part of AC. They are this cancerous thing that if anything will get removed.

(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: As soon as I see the list, I will know, without having to have access to that forum, if gemas opinions will be voiced.

They won't be.

(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I know there are other important things that need to be addressed as well, but that doesnt take away from the fact that gemas are a VERY important part of this beautiful game, as @Snipercamp maps are too, or mods, or meta games.

Inso as much that they don't need to happen. They aren't a VERY important part of the game, it seems like you have an inflated sense of GEMA worth.

(23 Sep 12, 06:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I think I know the answer already, but recent pots by Ärke and V-Man hinted towards gemas being taking into consideration and I want to see to what extent that is true.
Fair enough?

Wait, what?

Closing this thread because as I said, it has gone offtopic, the OP got answered. Now, if you want to continue talking about things that it went offtopic to (the PG), I suggest you prepare your thread for a very short lifespan.

/thread

Edit:
(23 Sep 12, 06:17PM)Cemer Wrote: the fact that the knowledge of a private, non-accessible-to-most forum exists was leaked is what makes me sad

I wouldn't say it was leaked I'd say people just learned what was happening. It wasn't a big secret.
Thanks given by: