ac_factory
so, hello, i have been really busy with discover 3d and milkshape :)

and there is the result: ac_factory

there are many new mapmodels: railroad, trailer, elevator, palan, all bridges and stairs, rolling carpets (axcuse my english, i don't know how to translate all this words...), palettes, tanks and else...

All textures are new and made just for the map

there is tsill some job, but i think that a good playable map.

let's have your opinion

[Image: capture001.jpg]

[Image: capture002.jpg]

[Image: capture003.jpg]

[Image: capture005.jpg]

i have cliped all the map, but now i can't put a flag...

too much stuff on the map ?

oh, there is a new skymap too... but i am not really statisfied of this
Thanks given by:
this is what i would call custom map, very nice
Thanks given by:
looks very nice IMO, maybe a bit overcrowded in the textures department, but GJ
Thanks given by:
This looks absolutely amazing! Care to provide a download link?
Thanks given by:
Did you create those textures yourself or were they supplied by someone?
Thanks given by:
Amazing map! Download link plzz? :D
Thanks given by:
Download link :D

Anyway, looks as awesome as ac_inca, 2, and 3.
Thanks given by:
To me the map is of great quality, but the problem here is that it is quite a lot for the Cube engine to handle. A map of this detail would be better off in some higher-end game (e.g. QuakeIII, Urban Terror, etc).

The reason why you can't put flags is probably because you've hit the entity limit of the map.

Also, based on what I can see, the textures you're using must be huge in comparison to the usual, am I right? That's often going to be a problem for older computers. That's why many of the standard maps tries to make do with small repeating textures (except for ac_douze).

As a rule of the thumb, the best level of detail of AC maps should be slightly above QuakeII.
Thanks given by:
This looks cool, remindes me of a counterstrike map: de_nuke
Thanks given by:
i use around 30 textures, some of they are 512x512 but lot are more small (1024x32, 128x128 etc..) i tried to use the more small textures i can, but in the cfg file, there are 160 mapmodels... may i gain memory if i remove all the presets mapmodels i don't use in the cfg file ?

are they loaded even if they are not used ?

i think that i have a matter with my video card... when i work on an other pc, there is no bug

the zip file will come soon

thank's for your answer
Thanks given by:
The screens look great!!
Thanks given by:
I am not certainly sure, but I think all models are loaded while AC is launched. Having 'unused' models on the config file shouldn't make a difference. Though, its for the coders to answer this appropriately.
Thanks given by:
You have a real talent for maps Boeufmironton. GJ!
Thanks given by:
Really good job man ;)
Awesome...
Thanks given by:
Is it just me, or does the first screen look like it has DoF blur?
Map seems nice though.
Thanks given by:
the map, skymap, textures and mapmodels (all are not in use in the map) are here:

http://www.compagnie-urticaire.com/ac_factory.zip

it's around 5500 kb

maybe too much ?

i can retry some textures and half some of the mapmodels textures... is it a good idea ?

can someone try the map (it's unacheved) in multiplayer game ?
what is a DoF blur ?
oh, sorry mael, i diden't read your question.

all the textures are made from photographys or created by me.

i make all the tiled

except for the rail road trailer
Thanks given by:
It's a great map, but by running true it i found this...
Maybe you should clip it that you can't jump on the container.

[Image: screenshot61.png]
Thanks given by:
good map but only sees the one with the textures and mapmodels :)
Thanks given by:
Very nice, I am about to try it now.
Check your Inbox.
Thanks given by:
fps is on the low side...BUT THAT IS A SICK MAP DUDE! where did you get the forklift?
Thanks given by:
i made all the models in the map except some barrels, lights and garbage container

the forklift is the wheeled engine or the fork with the rolls ? (chariot elevateur and palan in french)

the red wheeled lift is my first complete mapmodel, i used 8 hours to create it, creating the texture in the same time

clip is ok, lights are good, i have to redone the skymap now and i work on an other project.

for the fps, the low when i go in the map is 53... is it too low ?
Thanks given by:
Wow, a lot of textures and models and I'd say they are done pretty well judging from those I've looked at more closely. Nice job!

However, the map won't load properly for some reason. Actually, there's ac_fabrik's meta data on the config's header. ;) Maybe something is wrong with the config file? No custom models will load for me. Does anyone else suffer from this? I can't find the problem to be honest.

A FPS of 53 isn't that good in general, but if you get the same FPS on ac_complex it's just fine with this map in particular. Well, except your PC is a little slow then. As a rule of thumb you should consider FPS drops of more than 50% from average (of official maps) critically. Example, the average FPS for you on ac_complex is 100 a custom map going down to a 50 FPS average probably should be 'optimized'.

Unfortunately I can't say anything about this myself, since the FPS will slow down in case models aren't loaded, for whatever reason.
Thanks given by:
ok !

i remade the skymap, it's better
clip the three points that cause problems
half and remap many textures (without lose quality i think)
add one ground texture
half some models textures
edit properly the cfg file

for the fps: i run at 75 for ac_elevation and 55 for ac_factory

i don't know why the models don't load for you mr Floppy, but it's a great pleasure to see that you are interesting of my map:i like to play in yours (arf, it's hard to say what i want in english)

the link stay the same

good game !
ps: mr floppy, the models are they in "package/models/mapmodels/boeufmironton" ?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 11:26PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: However, the map won't load properly for some reason. Actually, there's ac_fabrik's meta data on the config's header. ;) Maybe something is wrong with the config file? No custom models will load for me. Does anyone else suffer from this? I can't find the problem to be honest.

I have the same problem, the models are in the right folders i think, but they will not load. I dont know anything about mapping so i can't offer any solutions tho.

EDIT: ok i found my problem, the zip has been packaged wrong, 'packages/mapmodels/boeufmironton' instead of 'packages/models/mapmodels/boeufmironton'

I moved them and now it works for me :) great job on the map btw.
Thanks given by:
Please release a fixed package, would like to try the map with new textures.
Thanks given by:
ok, fix complete

i upload the wrong cfg with old skymap and the map without the lights.

now it's complete and the files are in the good folders (i hope)

sorry for those problems

and thank's again for your help

here are three new screenshots: 1 with the railway trailer, and two with the new skymap

[Image: capture006.jpg]

[Image: capture007.jpg]

[Image: capture008.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Darn, how could I miss this package issue. Actually one of the first things I look for if something doesn't get loaded. Well, I'm getting old. ;)

Will have a look at the updated version asap and probably provide some more feedback.
Thanks given by: