Censorship
I was willing to bitch about these forbiden words shit for quite some time too, never bothered to do it caus I knew the awnser would be: "Sever owners can do whatever the hell they want on their servers" and I never quite agreed with this.

I believe that if you put up a public server up you need to be aware that a great veriety of characters will go there, you are in a public list, basicaly asking them to connect. So if you think that its your server and you can ban, kick and forbid shit for no good reason other than your personal feeling/opinions or preferences you should forget about it public servers and just set up a private/lan one for you and your buds to play on. Nothing good happens when someone treats a public think like their own. Perros is the the perfect example of that. You can ban someone that annoys you from your irc channel, caus that is a private place but I find it a big mistake to do that on a public server.

I for instance do not connect to Sj servers caus you can't say a damn word over there. I mean: they blacklisted noob!? NOOB ffs!!! How da fuck you supose to chat on a online game where you can't even say noob?? And you also can't connect as unarmed...!? COME ON!!!

I'm with YWC on this one, this word blacklist thing it's just a ridiculous load of crap...
Thanks given by:
PERROS can do it on his servers, I won't play on them. When he does it on other peoples servers, I have a problem.
Thanks given by:
fuc k that shi t
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 12, 09:36PM)ElCrema Wrote: "Sever owners can do whatever the hell they want on their servers" and I never quite agreed with this.

That's fine, as long as you remember that it's true whether you agree with it or not. There are no inalienable rights on a gameserver except for those granted by way of ownership. Server owners can do whatever they want on their servers, but should they?

Quote:I believe that if you put up a public server up you need to be aware that a great veriety of characters will go there, you are in a public list, basicaly asking them to connect.

Publicly listed isn't the same thing as publicly owned. Businesses are publicly listed in the phone book, online, and by their storefronts as you drive by. This doesn't mean that anything should be tolerated by the business owners. They are, of course, asking people to come in, but this doesn't take away their right to give you the boot if you're a jerk.

Quote:So if you think that its your server

It is.

Quote:and you can ban, kick and forbid shit for no good reason other than your personal feeling/opinions or preferences
I can, but if many others don't agree with me, then no one will use my servers. See! We vote with our feet.

Quote:you should forget about it public servers and just set up a private/lan one for you and your buds to play on.

Or people can run their servers however they like, and if you don't like how a server is run, you can just not use it. Then the people who do like how that server is run can use it without the people who don't.

Quote:Nothing good happens when someone treats a public think like their own. Perros is the the perfect example of that.

No, actually, nothing good happens when you make a server really public. Have you ever tried putting the admin password in the MOTD or extended information? It's a great theory but it doesn't turn out well.

Quote:You can ban someone that annoys you from your irc channel, caus that is a private place but I find it a big mistake to do that on a public server.

This is no different from a gameserver. Both are privately owned (insofar as someone can own a channel on a network they don't run) and publicly listed, which doesn't imply public ownership, or any say at all in how the channel/gameserver is run, by any given user.

Quote:I for instance do not connect to Sj servers caus you can't say a damn word over there. I mean: they blacklisted noob!? NOOB ffs!!!

That's the spirit! You don't like how a server is run, so you don't play on it. That's all there really needs to be. Don't like it, don't go there, and you should then have nothing to moan about.
Thanks given by:
You know you could do the same thing without the endeless quoting and the result would be the same right?

Anyways, I get that a ultimately server owner will do what they want and feel like and that is why we have so many lame ass public servers around, for some reason ppl find it prestigious to have a server in the MS. That's the other thing I also don't get it, after all any half brained moron with internet connection can set up a server (not always a good one).
Thanks given by:
Only 2 things turn me away from a server.

1)bad ping
2)rude and disrespectful people

If every server allowed cursing and disrespect I would have become jaded with AC a long time ago. There's also the freedom of being free to enjoy the game without being spammed with profanities and rude behavior. I do realize that latter can occur on any server but I do applaud admins who take action against it.

I completely respect people who wish to express themselves freely.. but remember that this is a subjective issue and not everyone agrees.

I would also argue for an individual's right to express themselves how they want to. This is because some people desire to speak openly and without restraint.

What you consider a lame server I may consider a well-managed one and vice versa. Each one of us can be very vocal about our opinions but the truth is, there's no right or wrong. What it all boils down to is preference.
Thanks given by:
/ignore cn always worked like a charm to me.

You see I don't mind when they have some words blocked I just find overkill to block noob, shit, wtf and such. Like the Sj servers, they blocked so many common words in portuguese that you can't have a simple conversation there, caus words like: die and stupid are blocked.

And just let me add this: don't fool yourself, server owners can not do whatever the hell they want. Try to run a 24/7 one map server or put some blinking color text to see what happens. I guess the devs should put up a new rule that keeps ppl with no common sense whatsoever to run servers. That my friend, would be great!
Thanks given by:
Less talking, more playing.
Thanks given by:
rape blocks graphics

/thread
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 12, 08:51AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Its really a bad thing.

(03 Sep 12, 08:51AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Thus i also find that we should censor communism and christian and islamic views since they also made a lot of people die.

what the fuck am i reading.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 12, 08:51AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Thus i also find that we should censor communism and christian and islamic views since they also made a lot of people die.

so does diseases, countries, activities (such as camping), fires, animals, space, people, disabilities, afflictions, foods, furniture, music, dreams, numbers, and basically everything.

and if we censor communism does that mean i get banned lol
Thanks given by:
Fuck censorship. I hate it when the mods go in and rape the shit out of my posts to so the whiny underage fags and seal clubbers (this last one isn't a problem since he's perma banned now) don't hurt their minds.

On the other hand, I did prefer the censored version of Muv-Luv Alternative because I felt that two parts towards the end were a little out of place in how they were handled in the original release, but that's besides the point.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 551981_400507426674804_1594173568_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 11:30AM)Undead Wrote:
(03 Sep 12, 08:51AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Its really a bad thing.

what the fuck am i reading.

Hehe, yeah that was irony to say that its idiotic to censor names of people that killed others or groups of people. Because so did christians and so did islam and so did many other groups of people. If you call yourself Ceasar or Nero youre not censored. Thats ridiculous and hypocrite in my idea. But of course i wouldnt like to have those things censored. What i would like is to have no form of censorship while im just playing a game.
Thanks given by:
Sorry YWC but that is the most insane argument ever! Communism, Islamic views never killed anyone. Idiots do things in the name of these things but in themselves they did not kill anyone, in fact both that you have mentioned have respect for others at the core of their beliefs.

Now I am not saying you should censor or not but at least use a decent argument against it. There are many impressionable youngsters around this game often looking for something to challenge the older generation with, me personally I would rather it was not extremist views promoted by idiots with names like Hitler or Osama Bin Laden, now i would hear the argument for Caesar or Nero to be in the same category the biggest difference though is the first two 99% of the population know and understand what these names mean, Caesar and Nero I would suggest that many would have no knowledge of their misdeeds.

I reckon the best solution by far is to provide uncensored servers for those who like that kind of thing and censored ones for those who do not. Uncensored servers should be 18 certificate as it is in most countries for uncensored material.

Problem solved, everyone is happy and no one gets upset :)
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 12, 08:56PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: I reckon the best solution by far is to provide uncensored servers for those who like that kind of thing and censored ones for those who do not. Uncensored servers should be 18 certificate as it is in most countries for uncensored material.

This is an excellent idea. I think this would work quite well, although I'm sure the 18+ servers would be pretty chaotic, but that's what people want I suppose.
Thanks given by:
fuck that shit. 18+ plus servers? You stupid MFKERS are completely ruining my DRINKING time by making me reply to this BULLSHIT. The internet is a place where people come to play and lose themselves in the awesomeness. They expect the unexpected. They forget all boundaries and release the fucked up shit which is inside. Young kids playing AC?!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me get my Barney hat out and sing some songs. Hey guys!!! WHERES BEPOP?? Oh that's right... she's around the corner giving triceratops some head. Hahaha... You want to raise other people's children and/or set a good example? Go somewhere else! Teach a fking kindergarten class. Watch some fking Teletubbies or some shit. Get a job and G R O W a P A I R... Dayum... I will not rein myself in, and I will not sit back and watch as servers are destroyed by bullshit like this censorship crap. I play on a server I will talk shit, I will whoop ass, I will fking say whatever the FUCK I WANT, anytime I want, anywhere I want, anyway I want, ANYWHY I want, whenever I want, for WHATEVER FKING REASON I WANT.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 12, 08:56PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Sorry YWC but that is the most insane argument ever! Communism, Islamic views never killed anyone. Idiots do things in the name of these things but in themselves they did not kill anyone, in fact both that you have mentioned have respect for others at the core of their beliefs.

I dont believe that things or ideas have a 'core'. Things are what they become through their development. In the name of these views people have been killed. Does it mean these are dangerous then? Yes of course. But yes its also true that any ideology can be lifethreatning. So censoring one particular ideology is hypocrite in my idea.

Quote:is the first two 99% of the population know and understand what these names mean,

I dont find this a good argument: If people know something is controversive it doesnt mean that only this subject IS controversive. I dont believe that because a majority recognizes a badass that this person is a badass. And even if he is it doesnt mean that others arent. (meaning: some not recognised badasses are badasses too and that shouldnt, objectively, make any difference) On 'what these names mean' i want to say: I doubt strongely that everyone who uses the name Hitler is wanting to state that all the jews have to be murdered.

Quote:I reckon the best solution by far is to provide uncensored servers for those who like that kind of thing and censored ones for those who do not. Uncensored servers should be 18 certificate as it is in most countries for uncensored material.

Sounds like a good idea, even though it sounds as if these servers would provide hardcore pr0n lol. I mean making a shooter kidfriendly is quite funny.

As I see that there is not really a common view on things as racism/discrimination and whatmore Id say i understand that censoring. But still i find saying: fuck / shit / tits (and noob lol) and this kind of language really acceptable in a game where you have to kill others. And if you think its too heavy for your heart i suggest you go play my little pony:P
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 12, 10:22AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: if you think its too heavy for your heart i suggest you go play my little pony
I think you'll find that My Little Pony fans are generally more offensive than regular internet goers.
EDIT: /)

Also, I agree completely with Morgan.
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 12, 10:14AM)MorganKell Wrote: fuck that shit. 18+ plus servers? You stupid MFKERS are completely ruining my DRINKING time by making me reply to this BULLSHIT. [snip]

MARRY ME

[Image: aemotions-eyes.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 12, 08:51AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Where the fuck is it good for? In my idea its some American/Islamic/Chinese thingy to make freedom of speech silent. Its really a bad thing. Also in AC. Let people say what they want, they are free to do so and you are free to leave if you dont like it. But these forbidden words lists and all, they are just bullshit. And dont come up with arguments like: my lil brother of 6 plays it and its bad for him if he sees the word fuck or tits because fucking and tits dont exist. Or whatever. If its to protect your kids then its protection against the real world. Though i understand and agree with the censorship of racism since such thoughts have made many sacrifices. Thus i also find that we should censor communism and christian and islamic views since they also made a lot of people die. Im not saying that demeaning terms are helping us forward, but why not let people say what they want?

dude im with you 100% i say we should express our words in our own way and why is a little kid of age 6 looking in fourms ???

(12 Sep 12, 10:14AM)MorganKell Wrote: fuck that shit. 18+ plus servers? You stupid MFKERS are completely ruining my DRINKING time by making me reply to this BULLSHIT. The internet is a place where people come to play and lose themselves in the awesomeness. They expect the unexpected. They forget all boundaries and release the fucked up shit which is inside. Young kids playing AC?!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me get my Barney hat out and sing some songs. Hey guys!!! WHERES BEPOP?? Oh that's right... she's around the corner giving triceratops some head. Hahaha... You want to raise other people's children and/or set a good example? Go somewhere else! Teach a fking kindergarten class. Watch some fking Teletubbies or some shit. Get a job and G R O W a P A I R... Dayum... I will not rein myself in, and I will not sit back and watch as servers are destroyed by bullshit like this censorship crap. I play on a server I will talk shit, I will whoop ass, I will fking say whatever the FUCK I WANT, anytime I want, anywhere I want, anyway I want, ANYWHY I want, whenever I want, for WHATEVER FKING REASON I WANT.

yes maaan im with 100%
Thanks given by:
If someone can't handle swear words, religious spam, +18 discussions, etc. then they shouldn't be playing an online game.
Thanks given by:
This..
(12 Sep 12, 10:14AM)MorganKell Wrote: fuck that shit. 18+ plus servers? You stupid MFKERS are completely ruining my DRINKING time by making me reply to this BULLSHIT. The internet is a place where people come to play and lose themselves in the awesomeness. They expect the unexpected. They forget all boundaries and release the fucked up shit which is inside. Young kids playing AC?!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me get my Barney hat out and sing some songs. Hey guys!!! WHERES BEPOP?? Oh that's right... she's around the corner giving triceratops some head. Hahaha... You want to raise other people's children and/or set a good example? Go somewhere else! Teach a fking kindergarten class. Watch some fking Teletubbies or some shit. Get a job and G R O W a P A I R... Dayum... I will not rein myself in, and I will not sit back and watch as servers are destroyed by bullshit like this censorship crap. I play on a server I will talk shit, I will whoop ass, I will fking say whatever the FUCK I WANT, anytime I want, anywhere I want, anyway I want, ANYWHY I want, whenever I want, for WHATEVER FKING REASON I WANT.
Can be said like this;
(17 Sep 12, 11:25PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: If someone can't handle swear words, religious spam, +18 discussions, etc. then they shouldn't be playing an online game.

Put the bottle down.
Thanks given by:
Just wanted to give you a quote:
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Thanks given by:
Awww did you enjoy that Myke, getting to sound all pious and saintly? Well yessir! I will gladly take advice from someone who's sole claim to fame is based on repeatedly thrusting his genitalia into other men's faces.
Thanks given by:
^lmao

[ontopic]Stephen Fry ftw, awesome quote.[/ontopic]
Thanks given by:
first of all: Sorry for digging up this thread. I was trying to play but there is almost no server where i can say fuck anymore. So heres one for all you serverowners with a forbidden wordlist: youre a bunch of fucking pussies. Damn man this is a fucking shooter. Give me back those times where i could say fuck whenever i got shot my head off! Give me back the time where i could scream noob at you for running brainlessly around with a shotgun! Give me back freedom of speech! fuck.
Thanks given by:
inb4 ywc gives all the fucks...
Thanks given by:
They took our words!
Thanks given by:
Dey terk er werdz!
Thanks given by: