Welcome V-Man
He should be.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 02:47PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: He should be.

This. I'm sure there's alot of people in this community that would like to see rofl as a dev. Not taking anything from V-Man.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 05:43AM)Cemer Wrote:
(08 Sep 12, 03:11AM)Bukz Wrote: I'd love to see this list of people you think would be good for the dev team.
is this sarcastic or not

Not sarcastic at all. I'm legitimately looking forward to knowing what people undead thinks deserves a spot on the dev team.

(08 Sep 12, 01:19PM)Edward Wrote: First I would like to say that V-man deserve it. We need good scriptwriter and he is one of them.

(08 Sep 12, 02:54AM)Undead Wrote: i have downloaded the SVN. the balance is somehow even worse than 1.1. i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance.

svn sucks! I did not play it since a while because it is disgusting .The balance discussion thread has been closed. Devs do not give a fuck about our opinion. I have made many post and all were ignored (by the devs I mean. Only Jamz answered once but nothing changed). I am not even sure devs play this game. I do not trust them. The only one I trust is rofl because he made a nice work with the ACWC client and the hitreg and he is the only one posting sense full stuff in the balance discussion.

Stop letting KIDS develop Assaultcube. You are killing this game guys.

Your post actually managed to be more ignorant than Undead's, congrats on that.

(08 Sep 12, 10:26AM)Undead Wrote: bukz(as evidence by his flame posts, which i'm not going to bother responding to because they detract from the discussion) is too much of an asshole to respond to me with anything other than flaming

I'll agree I am an asshole to people like you who get off on doing everything they can to spit on anybody willing to contribute to this community.

Whens the last time you approached me with an edit of iceroad and kindly asked me to commit it? Never.
Thanks given by:
Alright, after taking a step back I realized that this thread has strayed too much. If you want to continue the current "discussion" I'd make a thread that has more semblance to this:
[Image: index_07.jpg]

Feel free to PM V-Man your congratulations.
Feel free to imagine hitting whoever you like with a baseball bat. Or a tire iron.
Thanks given by:
I wanted to post my opinions (even though the thread is closed already):

Undead Wrote:i have downloaded the SVN. the balance is somehow even worse than 1.1. i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance. (please don't turn this thread into a balance discussion thread because it never gets anywhere, which is the reason why i never post on the balance thread.)

on the other hand, it seems ridiculous that instead of getting good programmers into the dev team(there are a few around that would love to be in it) the main priority seems to be to write fucking scripts. AC could be improved into a much better and presentable game(come on, 10000 downloads a week and the community is 1/10th of that) but instead we're pleased with the mediocrity that is AC.
Makke and flowtron had been in charge of the balancing before they quit. The current status of the SVN Trunk is: The new shotgun algorithm (it completely works different) hasn´t been commited yet. The balancing so far hasn´t really be done (in the code) for the new upcoming release. So you can´t really judge about the balancing in the SVN trunk. The plan is to implement the "new shotgun", make a beta release, testing by the community, some minor tweaks after testing, release! After the release there will follow few balancing fixes (for every weapon/item). By the way, I agree on most of your suggestions for the weapons you made. Do you really think there will be only announcements for new scripters and so on? We are also looking for C++-Devs! As my collegues already did I would like to ask for your potencial devs.

Undead Wrote:great, who is going to commit the map for me? bukz? randumkiwi?
Me! Send it, explain the changes and I´ll upload it. About your other map suggesions: We can set up a little IRC session with you, RK, Bukz and me if you like.

Edward Wrote:svn sucks! I did not play it since a while because it is disgusting .The balance discussion thread has been closed. Devs do not give a fuck about our opinion. I have made many post and all were ignored (by the devs I mean. Only Jamz answered once but nothing changed). I am not even sure devs play this game. I do not trust them.
I stated my opinion about the current status of the svn above. Yes, the thread is closed and I guess it has been closed for good. I did play the game a lot (according to Xfire 350 hours and more). I can´t beg you for trusting me or the others, I just can hope our recent and future actions will change your mind. Let me remind you, that we´ve been inactive for a long long time. I guess this caused a lot of anger and frustration to a lot of you. But now we´re back!

By the way, I DO give a fuck about your opinion! So feel free to PM me, whether it´s about criticism, feedback, suggestions and so on ... ;)
Thanks given by: