Welcome V-Man
Congrats, V-Man. :D
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 09:14PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Together with Bukz he will write scripts and parts of the documentation.

Image removed

(29 Aug 12, 09:14PM)ärkefiende Wrote: (I still wonder why this took so much time ...).

Image removed

Image removed

//Mod edit: Images requested to be removed
Thanks given by:
You look so nonplussed.
[Image: 2yke5om.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Image removed

Who is that? ^^

//Mod edit: Image requested to be removed
Thanks given by:
it's a rather eccentric looking V-man
Thanks given by:
Undead, actually.
This is me:
[Image: MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2...4,314_.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 12, 11:58PM)V-Man Wrote: Undead, actually.
This is me:
Referral Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2OTk1MQ@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg" on this server.

Reference #24.3437545a.1346974419.2f0df3b0

broken link?
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 12:34AM)Edward Wrote: Referral Denied
You don't have permission to access
LOL
srry...
Hotlinking, how fickle art thou.
Thanks given by:
Bukz & V-Man
Thanks given by:
its bugboy1028

the point of the post is to highlight that the development team isn't selective of a person's usefulness (or else you'd see stuff getting done) but rather of their relationship with the other developers.
i can't wait for the new and exciting scripts of 2013!!
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 11:22AM)Undead Wrote: i can't wait for the new and exciting scripts of 2013!!
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 11:22AM)Undead Wrote: the point of the post is to highlight that the development team isn't selective of a person's usefulness (or else you'd see stuff getting done) but rather of their relationship with the other developers.

To directly address your concern,
It works the other way around. People who can get things done become developers and, by developing and contributing, develop a close relationship with the other developers. On the other hand, people like you who continually have negative or sardonic/sarcastic things to say give the community no motivation to accept their contributions. You constantly offer us a cool map in one hand and slap us with the other. Stop your mocking and whining and use your time to make some more win maps.

Things are getting done, but you can't tell because you can't be bothered to download the SVN, test it out, and provide constructive feedback.

On a side note,
Are you really sure you want my attention?
Thanks given by:
script some better devs
Thanks given by:
LOL you so funny.

Might as well get this off your chest all at once. Line up one by one, please.
Thanks given by:
Make the release only available for people nice to devs. <3
Thanks given by:
[spoiler=Bukz & V-Man][Image: Boondock-Saints-2_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg][/spoiler]
Thanks given by:
well the first link is broken. but you just have to remove the 0 at the end of the url (poster.jg and not poster0.jpg) to see the image. Same things with V-man link, just remove the _ at the end of the url to see the image.

Is it only me or is it the forum who modify urls?

Lets test :
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 11:22AM)Undead Wrote: the point of the post is to highlight that the development team isn't selective of a person's usefulness (or else you'd see stuff getting done) but rather of their relationship with the other developers.

Wow, you're an idiot of epic proportions. You expect us to deduct that from a picture that you pasted 3 times and some quotes?

(Yes moderators, feel free to warn me for flaming Undead. I will not mind because he totally deserves it.)
Mod edit: srsly come on you can't know that unless you get a doctorate in psychology
+2 warning points for insults
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 12, 01:51PM)V-Man Wrote: Stop your mocking and whining and use your time to make some more win maps.
heres the thing.
i'm not going to waste 100s of hours if any attempt to push maps through or improve on current maps gets blocked by mapping devs who don't do anything anyway. if you were generally committed to improving AC's maps, you could (very easily) get as many good custom maps together, pick apart the ones that are easily improvable and turn them into great maps. if you didn't want to do that, you could fix the current maps in the game. lots of maps in AC have balance issues and need reworking. the gameplay on depot has become awful and needs a rework, desert3, aqueous, arid etc need to be evened out. rattrap needs to be unplayable in team modes and reworked into more of a duel map. edifice is simply impossible to change into a good map(the layout is the worst out of official map in any game ever made) iceroad needs a rework(ive done alot of this myself, but haven't bothered to continue because my attempts to get it through have been blocked by incessant bureaucracy.) the possibilities are endless.
i'm not upset or mad about my own maps getting through or not, i'm more upset about the lack of drive from the mapping "team" to improve on AC's maps and to add more.

(07 Sep 12, 01:51PM)V-Man Wrote: Things are getting done, but you can't tell because you can't be bothered to download the SVN, test it out, and provide constructive feedback.
i have downloaded the SVN. the balance is somehow even worse than 1.1. i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance. (please don't turn this thread into a balance discussion thread because it never gets anywhere, which is the reason why i never post on the balance thread.)

on the other hand, it seems ridiculous that instead of getting good programmers into the dev team(there are a few around that would love to be in it) the main priority seems to be to write fucking scripts. AC could be improved into a much better and presentable game(come on, 10000 downloads a week and the community is 1/10th of that) but instead we're pleased with the mediocrity that is AC.

to conclude my post

(07 Sep 12, 01:51PM)V-Man Wrote: People who can get things done become developers

no
Thanks given by:
Such a wonderful display of fail in 1 post.

Quote:(there are a few around that would love to be in it)

Thats why theres so many awesome patches on sourceforge for us to choose from right?

Edit: You're so unbelievably ignorant as to what actually goes on 'behind the scenes', and you speak as if no other facts or opinions matter. Trying to talk any sense with you is pointless.

If you were not unbelievably ignorant to it, you would know that the dev team is planning on adding more high quality custom maps to the official package, we're also actively seeking more help from experienced programmers. I'd love to see this list of people you think would be good for the dev team.
Thanks given by:
Undead,
I am ashamed you would give of your efforts so gracefully during the ACWC then come here to be disrespectful right when people were starting to believe in you. You have the power to change the future, just as we all do. I hope you can start believing in your ability to work as a team in this community again. I don't know what has happened in your RL but I'm very disappointed that you are letting your pent up rage come into the community.

I'm sure there have been others who have had the concern about personal relationships getting in the way of contributing. I have watched this process first hand among several members of this dev team and I believe it was the skill that came first with each person. We should all be very proud of the efforts these men make at making personal friendships once they are on the team. It is increasing the usefulness and productivity of the time-consuming process of developing a game that could easily becoming daunting if it weren't for their patience, humor and good nature.
If this process were based on relationships alone (verses careful judgement on many levels) then People like V-Man and Bukz should have been in here 3 years ago. This was not the case. They have earned their right. Each of us are invited to make the same advancements in our knowledge base of programming and join the team when it is our time. That is what makes open-source so unique.

Much waiting, personal self control and wisdom have been exercised by these individuals which has allowed V-Man time to further his college education and many other personal affairs in our lives. I have been very grateful for the extra time, thank you. These men are excellent communicators, and very loving and patient with this community. We are all very lucky to have them.

Congrats to my Husband V-Man.
I'm proud of your accomplishments, knowledge, work ethic, and discipline that will be required as you furthers the work here in the AC world.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 03:11AM)Bukz Wrote: I'd love to see this list of people you think would be good for the dev team.

is this sarcastic or not
Thanks given by:
I actually would like to call Undead out on this.

What good programmer would love to be on the team? And of all those people, who has a balanced enough personality to be on the team? To be on the team, you would need to be able to contribute, be able to work with the team as a team, and not pull stupid stunts. You don't need to be a genius to contribute.

In my honest opinion, we actually have some good programmers. Tempest does a wonderful job developing AC, I'm a big fan. If Lucas actually got appreciated for his work, he would be probably more than happy to do just as much as tempest. But some people really can't appreciate what is handed to them, they can't take a hit and move on, they always must have it their way.

About the maps, apparently something is in the works, but you are right. Perhaps if you weren't such a prick something might've been done by now.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 02:54AM)Undead Wrote: i'm not going to waste 100s of hours if any attempt to push maps through or improve on current maps gets blocked by mapping devs who don't do anything anyway.
Sure, let's talk about maps a little bit.
You're complaining about a vague problem, but offering no solution. What exactly is happening that shouldn't? And what do you propose be done differently?

Quote:iceroad needs a rework(ive done alot of this myself, but haven't bothered to continue because my attempts to get it through have been blocked by incessant bureaucracy.)
Ludicrous. It's your map, change it how you see fit. No dev should have the right to tell you not to change it.

Quote:i have downloaded the SVN. the balance is somehow even worse than 1.1.
See, more vagueness. That's why I didn't think you'd tested the SVN. Offer constructive suggestions, and this will start going somewhere.

Quote: i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance
You wanna know something funny? It's the whole community. Those threads you're afraid of are the basis for hammering out a consensus that the devs follow in balancing the weapons. The community says shotgun is OP, guess what -- the shotgun gets a little nerfing. The community says sniper needs more damage, guess what -- the sniper gets more damage. None of these decisions is made by some dev. It's made by the community's ability to form a cooperative opinion, and that's the way it should be. If you can't be bothered to contribute to that, then don't expect to be taken seriously when you whine vaguely about it.

Quote:the main priority seems to be to write fucking scripts.
Haven't written one of those yet.
But seriously, that is really not the priority. To be honest, I'm going to push for the removal of several idents and default scripts. You really have no ground to stand on for taking issue with scripts. I think perhaps your real issue is that you don't have the patience to understand CubeScript, so you feel like it's a waste of time. What's interesting, however, is that everything you do in the game is a script. Improving on the efficiency of the scripts will help everyone all around, generally.

Quote:we're pleased with the mediocrity that is AC.
1) If you think it's so mediocre, GTFO. I really seriously mean it. Stop forcing yourself into a community you hate. Go find a community that loves and appreciates rude remarks and constant negativity.
2) If you are truly convinced that the devs are evil and are trying to destroy the game, you aren't doing a lot to fix that imagined problem.
3) We're not "pleased" with whatever problems are keeping AC from being perfect, which is why we're working on it.
4) Naysayers like you only make the situation worse. Stop whining and pick up a C++ book. Get to work. Make some patches and maps that belong in the game, instead of polluting it with sarcastic remarks and negative attitude.

TL;DR:

http://www.stupidgifs.com/images/full/531.gif

Mod Edit: stupidgifs.com don't like cross-linking
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 08:43AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: About the maps, apparently something is in the works, but you are right. Perhaps if you weren't such a prick something might've been done by now.

i think you should contemplate who is the real asshole.
when it has come to the mapping side of things i have been nothing but diplomatic. rather, i was simply exposed to how lazy the person in charge was. the few times i attempted to deal with RK he ignored me(send your map to my email so i wont look at it, i'm too lazy to follow a quadropolis link). bukz(as evidence by his flame posts, which i'm not going to bother responding to because they detract from the discussion) is too much of an asshole to respond to me with anything other than flaming, and the one time i had contact with mr.floppy, he disappeared.

my reasons for not believing anything has been done is what i've seen in progress. the few new maps that were added either had bad layouts(edifice, arguably stellar) or weren't fixed up accordingly to official standard(whatever that is). old maps still have balance issues and not much has really gotten done all around, and i don't think any of the current mapping developers have enough experience with the maps in matches to know what is exactly wrong with them(its alot more complex than you think it is).

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote: Sure, let's talk about maps a little bit.
You're complaining about a vague problem, but offering no solution. What exactly is happening that shouldn't? And what do you propose be done differently?

sure, i'll offer a solution but you won't like it.
offer me the ability to add maps to the SVN as well as edit the current ones. any changes can be changed by the other developers back but i guarantee there will be little disagreement. if you don't trust me enough or don't like the idea of undead the dev i can draw up a list of maps that have the potential for official status as well as maps that need to be changed and a vague description of what can be done about its issues.
if bukz or anyone else thinks they can do that better and faster than i, as well as the ability to listen to people who offer their maps to the game, i'd love for them to do it! it would save me alot of effort, but i highly doubt they have the ability to do that as they haven't showcased it so far

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote: Ludicrous. It's your map, change it how you see fit. No dev should have the right to tell you not to change it.
great, who is going to commit the map for me? bukz? randumkiwi?

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote: See, more vagueness. That's why I didn't think you'd tested the SVN. Offer constructive suggestions, and this will start going somewhere.
sure, heres a start and just the main things i see wrong. please don't spiral this into a balance discussion because it will go nowhere. these are also the changes i experienced a month or two ago when i last checked SVN, if anything has changed since then then please alert me.
- in general from what i saw all the weapons were weakened ridiculously.
- AR needs to be 20 bullets and stronger, but unable to compete with SMG at a short distance
- SMG needs to be on par with AR's strength, but unable to compete at a long distance. the SMG also needs stronger kickback.
- both weapons should roughly even out at mid range
- shotgun needs to be removed or at least completely overhauled, its way too gimmicky of a weapon.
- helmets are gimmicky and should be removed or reworked. it hurts the sniper way too much
- i don't have enough experience with the carbine(as of yet) to make an educated decision on what to do with it, it would have to be tested by good players in lots of different maps and scenarios to balance correctly.
- sniper needs testing akin to the carbine, i'd say most players don't understand it role or potential completely, that would include me.
changes should very easy to make(trust me, AC is not a hard game to balance, something like starcraft involving a shit load of units or a moba game with 100s of heroes is hard to balance, AC on the other hand has 5 weapons and a pistol.)
again just a reminder don't spiral this into a balance discussion, those are just my opinions at the moment that are subject to change.

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote: You wanna know something funny? It's the whole community. Those threads you're afraid of are the basis for hammering out a consensus that the devs follow in balancing the weapons. The community says shotgun is OP, guess what -- the shotgun gets a little nerfing. The community says sniper needs more damage, guess what -- the sniper gets more damage. None of these decisions is made by some dev. It's made by the community's ability to form a cooperative opinion, and that's the way it should be.
thats probably why there are so many balance problems. the community as a whole doesn't know it completely, and it appears the devs don't know either. can you name one game where the games' balance is entirely dictated by the community? i know i can't! what the devs SHOULD do is take feedback from the community and consider it, not mould their opinions to shape whatever the average of the community's total opinions ins. if balance is such a problem you're going to need a dedicated dev and some testers to fix it.

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote: 1) If you think it's so mediocre, GTFO. I really seriously mean it. Stop forcing yourself into a community you hate. Go find a community that loves and appreciates rude remarks and constant negativity.
i'll make an analogy.
do you think everyone in Liberia should pack up and leave because its a shitty place to live compared to the rest of the world? maybe you do, i don't know, but I think that there are problems in Liberia, and as with all problems, they can be fixed. trust me, i wouldn't continually play a game for 5 years if i hated it. its not really about the community.
Thanks given by:
Can I community opinion a fix on the nades?
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 02:54AM)Undead Wrote: AC could be improved into a much better and presentable game
Okay, so why don't you give us any hints on how that could be done?
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 04:46AM)V-Wifey Wrote: Congrats to my Husband V-Man.
I'm proud of your accomplishments, knowledge, work ethic, and discipline that will be required as you furthers the work here in the AC world.

I don't think he will fit in very well
Thanks given by:
First I would like to say that V-man deserve it. We need good scriptwriter and he is one of them.

(08 Sep 12, 02:54AM)Undead Wrote: i have downloaded the SVN. the balance is somehow even worse than 1.1. i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance.

svn sucks! I did not play it since a while because it is disgusting .The balance discussion thread has been closed. Devs do not give a fuck about our opinion. I have made many post and all were ignored (by the devs I mean. Only Jamz answered once but nothing changed). I am not even sure devs play this game. I do not trust them. The only one I trust is rofl because he made a nice work with the ACWC client and the hitreg and he is the only one posting sense full stuff in the balance discussion.

Stop letting KIDS develop Assaultcube. You are killing this game guys. The AC competitive scene is decreasing and I see too many friends leaving. I will not leave assaultcube but I am sad when I see what you are doing and I say it because it is my right.

(08 Sep 12, 02:54AM)Undead Wrote: (please don't turn this thread into a balance discussion thread because it never gets anywhere, which is the reason why i never post on the balance thread.)

Do not care. My post will be ignored as all my previous posts. Does not matter I am used to. And this thread is kinda dead now btw.

(08 Sep 12, 03:11AM)Bukz Wrote: Thats why theres so many awesome patches on sourceforge for us to choose from right?

Even if there were billions you will not even notice it. I know more people developing this game that are NOT in the dev team than devs. I would love to see your post asking me who.

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote:
Quote: i would love to know who the hell is in charge of balance
You wanna know something funny? It's the whole community.

Again... DEVS ARE NOT THE COMMUNITY. AssaultCube players are and we are NOT in charge of the balance !!!!

(08 Sep 12, 10:11AM)V-Man Wrote:
Quote:we're pleased with the mediocrity that is AC.

1) If you think it's so mediocre, GTFO. I really seriously mean it. Stop forcing yourself into a community you hate. Go find a community that loves and appreciates rude remarks and constant negativity.

This is a really bad answer. We love this game and when we do not like something we can say it.
Thanks given by:
rofl is not in the dev team, Edward.
Thanks given by: