What is your typing WPM?
I'm sure there are faster people than me, but I thought it'd be interesting to see the community's typing skill :)

Here's the link: http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

[Image: MMcg0.png]

That's my fastest so far, before that I had done 79 wpm without mistakes.

After trying that one have a go at this one: http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
You'll most likely get a higher wpm here since it's just words and not actual structured sentences.

[Image: uuqye.png]
Thanks given by:
My APM in Starcraft II is 400.
Thanks given by:
45 words per minute with few-finger typing.

Edit: Repeated it and got 53.
Thanks given by:

http://db.jack.is/pub/images/typing/typeonline.jpg

http://db.jack.is/pub/images/typing/10fast.jpg

Note that I did make an error on that first one, even though it says I didn't ("she vaguely thought of herself" / "the vaguely thought of herself").
Thanks given by:
I got 51 WPM and are you human jack?
Thanks given by:
No, we transcriptionists are actually aliens.
Thanks given by:
Holy fuck Jack, that is insane. Nice.
Thanks given by:
Average fucks given a minute: 0
loljk
I'm too lazy to even take the test, but I'm sure it's pretty low.

Cuz, you know, In Hyrule, we didn't have computers.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 137_692_0_0_128_2_99.88_56_45444]
Thanks given by:
74 using only my index fingers. I should learn how to type with all my fingers one of these days.
Thanks given by:
You definitely should learn touchtyping if you can do 74 WPM with your index fingers. Seems like you'd do well at it.
Thanks given by:
Ye, 74 just index fingers O.O

I got ~70 wpm, and that was with a hurting right index finger. Probably only would do a couple words faster though tbh. I am much faster if I know exactly what I am typing, I have the ability to type fast, its just the connection between the words on the page and my fingers is slightly lacking.
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 12, 07:49AM)Jack Wrote: You definitely should learn touchtyping if you can do 74 WPM with your index fingers. Seems like you'd do well at it.

Yeah I know, and I will eventually. It's no fun going from 74 WPM to something way below it though. I just need to remember that I'll improve beyond what I was capable of before.
Thanks given by:
It may be useful to note that all the people I know who are very fast typists are also very fast readers who can either read and comprehend without subvocalization and type as they read, or avoid semantic comprehension in order to read (and type) as quickly as they can. For this reason, many people may type faster if they're writing original text. I've been trying to find a utility that I used once that monitored your keyboard input to report typing speed in real time, but it's been a long time and I can't find it.
Thanks given by:
That explains my low WPM, fucking hate reading lol
Thanks given by:
I can get into the zone but even with 4 errors reported I still make probably a total of ~20. This is because I am obsessive about fixing errors even when I can go back later and fix them. When I type I usually have an exact idea of what I just typed so I can spot errors and fix them without even watching the screen on my computer. Turning that off constant monitoring and becoming more accurate would probably make it more smooth and increase my wpm by 20 probably.

Reason for obsessive error correction? I hate the red squiggly.
Thanks given by:
Tried that second one again while taking a break from work (did more typing during a break from typing, ha) and improved a bit:

[Image: 10fast-2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 0_430_0_0_0_376_0_54712_54712]
I thought it was a little harsh.
Thanks given by:
with only my index fingers i got to 86
Thanks given by:
[Image: 1_wpm_score_CH.png]
Thanks given by:
Quadruple digit master race.

[Image: lReSs.png]
Thanks given by:
MAEL FOR KING
Thanks given by:
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 12, 04:52PM)Marti Wrote: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

[Image: fail.png]

They expected it. :P
Thanks given by:
Yea you can't copy and paste it so easily. What you can't see is there are tiny, invisible commas after each word. You're supposed to type the text without the commas.
Thanks given by:
65 wpm.
Thanks given by:
Wanks per minute?

Im better than?

XD jk jk

Its 48 per minute. But Id love to try in Spanish, maybe I do it better...
Thanks given by:
less time typing, more time saving children, hop to it
Thanks given by:
I'm about 70-80WPM!!!!!!!!! and im only 12! cause ive used computer for 4 years and i memorized the keyboard

on 10fastfingers.com im 80wpm!

on Typing Test English I'm 75WPM and the copypaste: 19056 WPM LOL
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 03:04AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Wanks per minute?

Im better than?

XD jk jk

Its 48 per minute. But Id love to try in Spanish, maybe I do it better...

Try http://typeracer.com/ ("change your language") at the bottom. It uses Google Translate so it might be kind of funny but it'll help.
Thanks given by: