Poll: Should AC be released on Steam?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, AC should be on Steam.
46.94%
23 46.94%
No, I don't think it should.
53.06%
26 53.06%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AssaultCube on Steam
(24 Aug 12, 08:20AM)MorganKell Wrote: Link you'd have to assume that there would be a reason to play AC. Steam offers good games for discount prices. AC hasn't been a good game since the rupture. The devs need to ask the players what they want to see next. They then need to incorporate what we want + what is viable with the actual game. TBH... the actual GAME sucks shit. Gameplay is slow, almost counterstrike-esuqe. Take it back to 1.0.4 and work from there. Then it'd be worth adding on Steam...

this
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 08:20AM)MorganKell Wrote: TBH... the actual GAME sucks shit.

meeeeeh :( I like it as it is :p
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 12, 12:06AM)Edward Wrote: meeeeeh :( I like it as it is :p
...said the ACR player.
Thanks given by:
? I do not like ACR but if you can express yourself no problem ...
And I could like both, it would be my right. Do I have to justify for something I do not think? baa idc
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that every F2P game on Steam has some form of micro-transactions. Thus I would assume that Valve chooses what F2P games to put on Steam (or at least, has up to this point) based on deals made concerning what percentage of the in-game sales go to Valve versus the parent company.

Don't the games on Steam take up space on Steam's servers, costing Valve money? Why would they decide to put a 100% free game on there with no monetary gains whatsoever?

If AC wanted to incorporate micro-transactions and make some sort of a deal like that to get onto Steam, then alright. Though if I'm indeed right and this is the case, I vote F2 on that if it means AC and micro-transactions.
Thanks given by:
The only upside I see from AC on steam that the devs would get more beer.
Thanks given by:
(26 Aug 12, 04:27PM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: The only upside I see from AC on steam that the devs would get more beer.

fuck the devs, let them stay sober
Thanks given by:
vaule isnt gonna put ac on steam this game sucks its not on the same lvl as counter strike or cz or cs s or any of those games i played combat arms on steam but maybe they might put this game on steam

(24 Aug 12, 07:30PM)Habluka Wrote:
(24 Aug 12, 08:20AM)MorganKell Wrote: Link you'd have to assume that there would be a reason to play AC. Steam offers good games for discount prices. AC hasn't been a good game since the rupture. The devs need to ask the players what they want to see next. They then need to incorporate what we want + what is viable with the actual game. TBH... the actual GAME sucks shit. Gameplay is slow, almost counterstrike-esuqe. Take it back to 1.0.4 and work from there. Then it'd be worth adding on Steam...

this

this isnt regarding "this" counter strike isnt slow its your bitchhh ass computer that is slow counter strike plays fine on my compaq persairo cq60 laptop and plus i live out in the middle of nowere and we get our water from the ground not from pipes from town there is no enternet out here iv got a novatel wireless usb stick its slow but runs fine with counter strike
Thanks given by:
I personally think Steam is bloated, slow, overdone and over-rated. I hate it. Of course I hate corporate middle-men in general pretty much. Thats what Steam is, a middle-man. Jacking up the prices of games so they can be featured on their service. Nah, I totally say F2 to this idea. I am not here to argue about it either. So if anything I am saying about Steam you think is wrong, unless you work for them, they don't need you to defend them.

Again, F2
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 12, 04:20PM)djnois3 Wrote: ...
Here are the forums you're looking for.
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 12, 07:59AM)Orynge Wrote:
(12 Sep 12, 04:20PM)djnois3 Wrote: ...
Here are the forums you're looking for.

FIRE IN THE HOLE, FIRE IN THE HOLE,
Thanks given by:
This may be a good thing for more reasons than just bringing in new players.
[Image: Poj1S.gif]

Boom I dont see how steam is slow, perhaps you need to defrag o upgrade your computer if a website is hindering your experience. Far as game prices are concerned, sales?

sales everywhere.
Thanks given by:
Steam is a horrible piece of software. It frequently uses much more CPU then a program like it should, its community tab is completely snarfed for me (can't click on anything), it seems like a good game manager shouldn't have one of its core features (which btw is just a web browser) completely dysfunctional.

* Ronald_Reagan is on the same page as Boomy
Thanks given by:
AC being free as it is, shouldnt have a piece of crap working for it
Thanks given by:
Pros

- Huge sales, and not just on crappy games! Can save $100+ a year by taking advantage of the constant sales(for people who reward good stuff, instead of illegally downloading & killing the game industry). Deus Ex: Human Revolution is $7.49 instead of $29.99 right now. Great game. The Deus Ex Collection, which has 3 games & 3 pieces of DLC, currently $14.99 instead of $59.99. Won't find this at gamestop. :3
- Good organizing & stuff. Tells how many hours you've played your games, can get steam friends so you aren't all lonely and crying and stuff. Nice to have one icon that has everything inside than a million icons cluttering the desktop.
- Steam cards.
- Achievements.
- Easy access to lots of Indie games.

Cons

- Takes extra time to get into the games.
- Sometimes gives 'game is unavailable now, jajaja error' dafuq? It's on my hard drive, give me my game.
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 12, 01:15PM)Nightmare Wrote: - Achievements.

iirc its also able to add some sort of achievements to ac using tools.cfg
Thanks given by:
I still don't see how you guys say that Steam is horrible. You could set it a free to play when it gets accepted on Greenlight.
Thanks given by:
If AC was on Steam..wouldn't AC need an account system?
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 07:10PM)ChO Wrote: ...
No.
i.e. Realm of the Mad God, Frozen Synapse, etc.
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 12, 01:23AM)Bullpup Wrote: This may be a good thing for more reasons than just bringing in new players.

Boom I dont see how steam is slow, perhaps you need to defrag o upgrade your computer if a website is hindering your experience.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.
Thanks given by:
I feel the ppl bashing steam have never used it, because broke ass. I feel for you ppl though, because if your computer cant run that app/website why would you bother trying to run the games offered for sale there. Stick to broke ass-aultcube
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 12, 01:23AM)Bullpup Wrote: Boom I dont see how steam is slow, perhaps you need to defrag o upgrade your computer if a website is hindering your experience.

I have run steam on 4 operating systems, I'll have you know Sir. It ran best on a fresh install of Puppy Linux (Barely over 100MB worth of OS) on system with 6G of RAM, E5400 Dual Core 2.70ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560. Still bloated, still slow. This system ran Crysis 2 through Wine without so much as a hiccup. 125,000K + constant process usage, if I recall correctly. Granted, it may not be slow by most peoples' standards, but to me it sucks. Plus I don't like all the merchandising crap they promote. It seems to me that the more money you spend on the game, the higher up in the ranking systems you get. For $10 buy the best gun and magically you are better! Bullshit. And Steam is loaded with these adverts. Its like a free game app on my freaking android. 20MB worth of app, 200MB worth of advertisements.
Thanks given by:
Capitalism, dude. Ads in single shitty android widget can make serious money for the autor (for example, my friend's battery widgets, $500 income per month) so why apps are overloaded by apps. I'ts not JavaME.

Placing AC in Steam can make some new players, yes. But it would need updates more often.
Thanks given by:
Why would Steam, a store, try to make people spend money? It doesn't make sense!
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 04:02PM)Orynge Wrote: Why would Steam, a store, try to make people spend money? It doesn't make sense!

Sometimes they give...
Thanks given by:
If Nexon buys Valve, the customer will be paying them discounts instead. \:D
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 12, 11:39PM)Nightmare Wrote: If Nexon buys Valve, the customer will be paying them discounts instead. \:D

As long as Gaben doesn't release Episode 3.
Thanks given by:
i just dont see ac being a steam game
Thanks given by:
I have to agree with everyone here about how slow and bloated Steam is. It's essentially a web browser that takes up a massive amount of CPU resources for no reason whatsoever.

That being said, people are using Steam, and if the devs for whatever reason want to drastically increase the number of people playing AC, Steam would be a good channel to do that through.
Thanks given by: