Poll: Should AC be released on Steam?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, AC should be on Steam.
46.94%
23 46.94%
No, I don't think it should.
53.06%
26 53.06%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AssaultCube on Steam
Valve is planning to release something called Steam GreenLight (releases at the end of this month), which allows people to select and vote for games to be released on Steam. I have recently discovered this (right before I started to type up this post), and I suggest that it should. Anyone got Pros and Cons about this? :|
Thanks given by:
Was a thread like this before, a lot of people were against it. But I'm f1'ing because it'd draw new players in.
Thanks given by:
f2. Steam,AC? Your joking, right?
Thanks given by:
Could you explain what this is all about?
Thanks given by:
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

Quote:which release they spend their money on.

It talks about money, didnt they think people might want to publicize free games?

Dont know about AC there though....
Thanks given by:
Steam is a shop. They'll expect sales from the game that wins, so how would this work if AC is free?
Thanks given by:
Free to play.
Thanks given by:
Isn't AC already free to play?
._.
Thanks given by:
well Team Fortress 2 is free.
Thanks given by:
Generally, most others games are more graphic intensive. But then, I don't know much about the Steam games, just TF2 and AVA
Thanks given by:
yes.
please don't argue if you say no ill know not to listen to you ever again.
Thanks given by:
ehhhh. I respect your opinion or whatnot, but there are people that don't have any good graphics card to play those games. Their computers can handle AC which would be another option for them. :D
Thanks given by:
AC Portable works on steam. SO AC Should be ported to steam, even tho i dont use it on my current pc cause it lags cause of intel celery, but wen i get new pc ill play TF2 and stuff
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 12, 11:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: Was a thread like this before, a lot of people were against it. But I'm f1'ing because it'd draw new players in.

i agree to this.
but why would people download steam (if they havent already) Just to download AC when they could get from this site?
Thanks given by:
No, just no.
Thanks given by:
Even if F2P is on Steam, all those games have ways of making money (such as buying hats in TF2).
Thanks given by:
f1, can people who are saying no elaborate on their responses?
Thanks given by:
I don't think it would be a bad thing as long as you are still able to download ac independently
Thanks given by:
It would be a great idea so long as servers would be able to accommodate steam players and non-steam players (idk if that's an issue or not.)

Quote:Steam is a shop. They'll expect sales from the game that wins, so how would this work if AC is free?

Is that how Steam works? Does steam take a cut of TF2 in-game purchases? If so, then AC on Steam wouldn't work.

Quote:i agree to this.
but why would people download steam (if they havent already) Just to download AC when they could get from this site?

AC on Steam would be intended for those who already have Steam installed. Nobody in their right mind is going to download steam to play AC.
Thanks given by:
People could download AC for steam, or non steam version :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 08:49AM)Vermi Wrote: f1, can people who are saying no elaborate on their responses?

AC is completely free, it wouldn't work out.
Thanks given by:
I just can't see the point of having AC on Steam. Almost all of the features Steam offers are either already present or can't/won't be included for various reasons. Also, I guess we wouldn't be allowed to upload the Steam API code to a publicly available repo, so that would cause further fragmentation of the codebase.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 10:30AM)tempest Wrote: I just can't see the point of having AC on Steam.

Advertise more :p inb4 ACR on steam kkk
Thanks given by:
Steam is shit, but then again, so is the current version of ac so it might fit in.
Thanks given by:
Just incase others don't know, Valve own both Steam and TF2 so this is a bad example to use.

Also, remember that when you download games from Steam, you download it from their own servers. Why would they want to spend their own money providing bandwidth for a game that won't bring any profit?
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 07:49AM)MykeGregory Wrote: i agree to this.

There are a great amount of players on Steam, and having AC as F2P, would attract more players. Most of the time, players playing AC would be able to be graphed as a wave. :P

(22 Aug 12, 07:56AM)Orynge Wrote: Even if F2P is on Steam, all those games have ways of making money (such as buying hats in TF2).

Some free games on Steam aren't owned by Valve. They just are available on Steam.

(22 Aug 12, 09:26AM)Jg99 Wrote: People could download AC for steam, or non steam version :)

See! Positive Feedback!

(22 Aug 12, 01:31PM)Edward Wrote:
(22 Aug 12, 10:30AM)tempest Wrote: I just can't see the point of having AC on Steam.

Advertise more :p inb4 ACR on steam kkk

pls

(22 Aug 12, 03:55PM)Aekom Wrote: Just incase others don't know, Valve own both Steam and TF2 so this is a bad example to use.

Also, remember that when you download games from Steam, you download it from their own servers. Why would they want to spend their own money providing bandwidth for a game that won't bring any profit?

inb4

Link Wrote:Some free games on Steam aren't owned by Valve. They just are available on Steam.
Thanks given by:
AFAIK there were issues with ac licensing or the terms or steam store, last time this was raised.

Edit: or was that apple store?
Thanks given by:
Link you'd have to assume that there would be a reason to play AC. Steam offers good games for discount prices. AC hasn't been a good game since the rupture. The devs need to ask the players what they want to see next. They then need to incorporate what we want + what is viable with the actual game. TBH... the actual GAME sucks shit. Gameplay is slow, almost counterstrike-esuqe. Take it back to 1.0.4 and work from there. Then it'd be worth adding on Steam...
Thanks given by:
Clear F1 :D
Why we shouldnt make ac more competive with steam?
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 09:32AM)gignu Wrote: Clear F1 :D
Why we shouldnt make ac more competive with steam?

I agree with that. Puting ac on steam could bring many new players.
Thanks given by: