Thoughts on the Olympics?
Did you all notice that italy pwned in:

sword
shotgun
robin hoods

?

we won almost all medals in these things.
Still, we suck in AC
Thanks given by:
get those olympians to play ac?

(20 Aug 12, 07:44AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Spain is one of Europe´s most wasteful countries as far as food is concerned.The European average is 179 kilos of food waste per man , woman and child and in Spain the average is 163 kilos per man woman and child.Spain comes after... HOLLAND.

They probably don't know me yet, I never waste food.

FOOD SO GOOD!
Thanks given by:
@Anderson, thanks for agreeing, is nice to see someone reads and understands!
I know in Spain things arent done right, and they wont until it happens as you say, food prices sky rocket and people begin thinking outside the circle.
And, by your figures, it seems not as much a final user problem but more derived of social corruption.
Big company owners dictate the price of the food they sell, so the average user pays higher prices while the catering services pay much cheaper price. If it was up to me, I would pass a regulation for this kind of shit never to happen, and each pound of food wasted would mean a fine so high, they would think twice before doing it again.
And I want to bring an example to the table...
Every Saturday, I go to a Subway in Sainte Adele to eat a sandwich. I usually go at the end of the day, and every time Im amazed of how much food there is behind the counter, and it really makes me think where will all that food go if no one will consume it.
And that is only 1 chain! Imagine all there are over the globe!
But we must be also aware that our "food needs" are somehow "dictated" by our social interaction, so the user is also to blame.
Why does a McDonalds need to be open 24 hours? Think about it, we want everything, every time and everywhere and that is a corrupted social behavior imposed to us, built into us by the means of the mass media (advertisement, press, movies...), accepted by many, and followed by all.
When we human beings begin to learn that social interaction is not about having an Ipad, visiting those places or working in that business... but about love, acceptance and growth, we will begin to see the light at the end of this tunnel that ******ism has constructed above our heads...
Thanks given by:
Oh, and that British chick that got an individual medal in the uneven bars had a gnarly routine.
Thanks given by:
+1 for paul
Thanks given by:
Stop talking about social corruption and faults in society and read the topic lol. Do another thread if necessary.
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 12, 06:04PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Stop talking about social corruption and faults in society and read the topic lol. Do another thread if necessary.
kk

thx bullpup
Thanks given by:
While we're completely off topic: Frankel to win the Juddmonte international stakes.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_World http://www.pupmart.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...homing.jpg

Edit: One more post about this in threads that have nothing to do with it and you'll start getting warned.
Thanks given by:
I liked how the IOC attempted to stop Britain DOMINATING in the cycling by only allowing one rider from each country in the individual events. Result? No change. Also I enjoyed how we were accused in all seriousness of having 'magic wheels' by the French after David Brailsford jokingly replied to a French newspaper that our key to success was that our wheels weren't just round, they were very round.

One thing I disagree upon is the amount of medals available in swimming compared to track cycling. I am pleased Britain had such a fantastic Olympics in general but imagine the amount of medals we'd have had if there were 40(?) events in it like the swimming.
Thanks given by:
PARALYMPICCCCCSSSSSSSS
Thanks given by: