AC 1.1 OR AC 1.0.4
We just reduce the armor power in the trunk, TheCrema... test the new values, please.
Thanks given by:
Brahma, you don't just need to reduce it, you have to bring it to its previous level. I played on 1.1 on DM, and whenever i got killed, the guy took all the armor and was 100/100 and i wasn't able to kill him at all. It was like "spawn > get killer > spawn > get killed and so on". And now that the shotgun seems to be even more powerful, imagine a guy who is 100/100 and jumps into the enemy zone, takes out his shotty, kills everyone, takes the flag, runs our with half of his hp and armor, and scores it. Where is the fun when you get instantly killed by a 100/100 guy right at spawn? It really IS something to think about.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
P@ndel... get the armor first.
Thanks given by:
Nooooo Brahma, don't put an end to my knife rampage man :'(

@P2ndel
100/100 players are not indestructible, pubs in 1.1 were full all day long and I didn't see no superman playing over there so far, nor anyone with a shotty/bazooka like you mentioned.
Same goes for 1x1 matches: either you sux badly or your opponent was much better than yourself. All the 1x1 games I played so far where very close ones, got killed with 100/100 and and killed dudes 100/100 SEVERAL times...
Thanks given by:
The armour in 1.0 was partially broken, because it would not protect you any more wether you had 50 or 100. A stupid mistake we made even before 0.9, because we simply kept cube armour values, but we forgot that cube had tiered armours. This was fixed, and turned into 4 diffrent "protection levels" - wich have been lowered again, since they might have been too good. We are also experimenting with adding 5 seconds to the spawn interval for both armour and helmets.

If someone has 100/100, he can't pick up any more armour. Don't damage him (enabling him to pick up again), get armour yourself first. If you damage him, try to plant a nade when he goes for the next armour. Armour makes your opponent stronger, but an armour-concious player is also more predictable.

The new system just forces you to deploy new tactics. Playing defensively and trying to get to armour first, before attacking is part of the concept. In CTF, if your team controls the armour, you can avoid to have a guy coming in with 100/100...

There are maps where there might be too many helmets placed, especially in the smaller maps. We will revise the helmet numbers/placements in the future.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 10, 10:51PM)P@ndel Wrote: I played on 1.1 on DM, and whenever i got killed, the guy took all the armor and was 100/100 and i wasn't able to kill him at all. It was like "spawn > get killer > spawn > get killed and so on".

That's not evidence of a flaw in gameplay, it's evidence of a flaw in your strategy or the other person was just better.

(21 Aug 10, 10:51PM)P@ndel Wrote: And now that the shotgun seems to be even more powerful, imagine a guy who is 100/100 and jumps into the enemy zone, takes out his shotty, kills everyone, takes the flag, runs our with half of his hp and armor, and scores it. Where is the fun when you get instantly killed by a 100/100 guy right at spawn? It really IS something to think about.

You can imagine any circumstances you like, the same was possible in 1.04. I don't believe the shotgun has been overpowered to the point that we need fear this scenario taking over our games.
Thanks given by:
lowered armor level is good :) and adding 5 seconds looks fine :)
Thanks given by:
I give up... Play your 1.1

@ TheCrema: Bravo! I worship you...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Okay, have fun!
Adapt or die.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of tad less effective armour and longer spawn.
Thanks given by:
I so hated the 1.1 first cuz im a SMG guy.
First days was wtf i cant hit a shit!
To me it seems like if you dont hit with the first bullet then rest will spread to hell.
If you hit the first bullet the rest will have less spread (this is how it feels not a fact)
Hitsounds enabled helps alot with aim.

I do need to compensate a tiny bit with preaim on running guys, i dont know why if its cuz of lag or something new in the game that reads server/client in a different way then before.

Also need to learn shifting to all weapons in combat cuz 1 mag SMG wont take you as far as before so you will need to go pistol as soon as ammo is out and finally knife.

I really starting to like this version, the double tap on space when a low obj is near makes you jump high and superfast across the maps.

1.1 makes me do more in battles then before, more fast paced tactics need to be used.
I hardly ever used to knife in 1.04 but in this I used it for every 10th kill or so.

And i love it.
Thanks given by:
I think you are the first to find out about the new edge-jump feature wich we didn't disclose. At least the first I hear mentioning it :D

And you are right. Spread goes up after 4-5 shots, but therefore, the first shots are more accurate - using the SMG successfully now means having to first aim, then shoot.
I don't think you need to compensate, I will have a look at that though...

"To me it seems like if you dont hit with the first bullet then rest will spread to hell."

No such feature :P But, as said, if you hit the first bullet, the rest will be hitting good too, since your aim is on. If your first shot is off, and you adjust your aim, it can be enough to waste the first few bullets in the empty space, and have less accuracy in the rest of the burst once you are on.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 10:41AM)makkE Wrote: ...new edge-jump feature...
I saw bots doing this, and it happened to me a couple of times by accident. I just assumed it was a bug.
Twenty minutes spent running round official maps show that I can only do it one time in ten attempts, and only on ac_shine. :(
Thanks given by:
I thinkon 1.1 we should have our own statistics showing how many gibbs you have done, how many headshots, how many knifes you have done.
I could be above "FPS" in the bottom right hand corner.

Headshots: 0
Gibbs: 0
Knifes: 0

FPS: 200
Thanks given by:
Jamz:

Here's how it works:

1. You need to be strafe running.
2. Jump up towards an edge, then jump again upon hitting the edge.

It works best on 4-cube edges (like large crates) but also works on 3 or 2 cube edges, but the timing and finding the right spot to do the first jump is very hard on those.

Practical uses are for example on ac_shine: To jump over the fence to the armour, do an edge jump on the large crate, and you'll go over it easily.
Thanks given by:
Makke i guess your right about the smg spread, with bad luck the spread will go everywhere without a single hit.
I still dont find bursting useful, it seems to kill me rather.
Is the hitbox of same size or is it smaller then before ?
From what i read somewhere the hitbox is adjused to be smaller around the head now, does that include the smg vs hitbox ?
Maybe i just need to aim at body instead.
My bad bad learning is that i aim for head, i tried for month to not do it but i just cant quit aiming for it.
So steady aim and spray away, guess faster computers with more FPS and smooth game will enjoy this version more =)
I dont find many lagfree servers in this version, that might just be my internet that been bad also but it use to be stable.
And i pretty much jump all the time in this game, it possible a little everywhere to go flying.
Just need something to takeoff from and hit space very rapid.
Jumping is a rythm.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 12:14PM)BULL3T Wrote: I thinkon 1.1 we should have our own statistics showing how many gibbs you have done, how many headshots, how many knifes you have done...

While the script won't work in the exact location that you want it to, I along with some other people I'm sure are working on some statistics gathering cubescripts, hang in there they will be coming out soon! :D

Sneek preview:

[Image: 20100822111306accomplex.jpg]

:D
Thanks given by:
Matasar: Hitboxes are the same for all guns. Aiming at the torso is your best option when using smg.

Bursting is most effective on long distance. You are still at a disadvantage to AR, but you can wear down your enemy that way, until you get closer. On mid-range, locking into the target and doing a long burst is still the best option it seems, just make sure you get the first shots in properly.
Thanks given by:
I hope it will be better like this with kevlar.

But the "I played public it was not annoying" is just a bad reason because the problem happens with few players, then clan matches or 1vs1 totally suck
Thanks given by:
Bukz, I don't really care where it is I will still use the script :)
Thanks so much, can't wait to see the release.
Thanks given by:
sniper still sucks,devs, have you tried to play with sniper?, i today play with sg and ar, they rocks, you need only basic skills to have ratio over 1, but sniper is difficult as hell, AR reminds me smg in 0.93, i pwned all around too easily,just camp near their base and a few bullets for "hello" during their respawn and then you will finish him during his run for armor, he has no chance, in ac_shine you are superman,run from one base to other is unstopable by enemy(do you remember 1MA|exis runs in depot ?), shotgun reminds me ac_depot and ac_mines dancing in 0.92, strategy is if you see enemy, you quickly move mouse from one side to other and in certain time you press attack, during it you must still jump and dance around confused enemy, 3 years i play with sniper riffle (in action cube i played with sg, very popular weapon in that times, then in TyD they were still playing with smg so i learned it too.)and now i play better with sg and AR, it isn't normal ! :) Now i go test smg and that new weapon. :) Sniper is good weapon because if you give your time to this weapon (you will learn aim and combo and move) and then it is effective weapon. It cannot be handled by newbies, for them in such quick game it is useless. This game is quick, you cannot expect that snipers here will be camping, zooming and sniping. Suggested strategy "run away" isn't funny. For this strategy map are too small. You can handle it with some tactics but against good players win often power of weapons in 1v1. And don't forget that we are still in AC, no quake3d and cs shitty features !! :P
Thanks given by:
I rather play .92 at the moment. -.-
Thanks given by:
I rather not play. Everything lags nowadays.
Thanks given by:
I like how armour is being reduced in the trunk, but that's not exactly the prime issue. I think there's just too much kevlar and helmets lying around everywhere in maps. It's not the "armour god" that ruins the gameplay, but rather how easily one can get all the armour in less than 20 seconds.
Thanks given by:
Oh, and shouldn't a nade be able to kill someone instantly, even if it has full armor? No mather how much kevlar a dude has, a grenade still explodes into a lot of little pieces.
Thanks given by:
The players are just not playing 1.1 as well as 1.0.4 , because they played 1.0.4 for a year and 1.1 for a month.I'm only explaining that the "malice" that the players in 1.0.4 is higher than 1.1 but it's only because 1.1 is new , it's obvious.But if you , 1.0.4 lovers , practice 1.1 you will get skills again and be a good player , you will get the "malice" , the gameplays can be different , but It's the same game , the same "Assault Cube" , the same fun you will have . Repeating , I allow to Pandel saying that the gameplay are almost totally different , but the objective was that , was a better gameplay. Practice 1.1 and you will like it as 1.0.4.

Here for any possible help and discussion.
Pro_Smg.
Thanks given by:
1.1 shotty helps train 1.0.4 shotty (according to shimmykell)
Thanks given by:
The new AssaultCube is great. I think the carbine deserves gib for headshots, but that's probably just because it's the gun I'm using =P. I'm loving the new AR as well, but now I feel like there's no challenge so I'm trying not to use it unless I'm getting pwn3d. I haven't noticed much difference with the sniper, but then again I sucked with it anyway. SMG, I don't use because I've never used it anyway. Don't like how the shotgun has gib though, because it feels like if one of the pellets from the spread hits you in the head, you get gibbed. I have noticed less people rushing for grenades, but I think those people are now using shotgun / armour now. Not that it matters, they're still killable.

Love the new official maps that have been added since I've been away, and am hoping that my mapping will get good enough to have a map in there. I wish there was a command to delete all of a specific type of entity as well (e.g "/delent all light").

EDIT: I love you Jamz.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 01:31PM)StRaTo Wrote: I wish there was a command to delete all of a specific type of entity as well...

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-630.html?...=clearents
Thanks given by:
Strato: Shotgun gib (it'll be called "splatter" in the future) is not a pellet hitting the head.
It occurs when you hit at close range with the highest damage (105). It's merely a visual effect.
Thanks given by: