Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
Thanks Wolf. Please, guys, don't refrain from voting.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 03:57PM)Edward Wrote: If I say +1 about somebody's post, it is because I agree with him and I want people to know it.

the thing is... the thanks button was created so the violation of rule 19 wouldn't happen at all. but since zarj fucked it up, you simply have to keep in mind not to post something with just a quote. someone has an opinion, happens to be the same as yours. that's it. if you agree absolutely with it, you don't add anything by quoting and putting +1 to the post.

maybe we should extend zarj's ban and get jamz to add the thanks button again.
Thanks given by:
I heart Misty's post. Re-add Thanks button!!

As for the topic,

1. I do not and will not recognize aforementioned rules and or any references to said rules because they were posted by a gomer ass BITCH (Rule ?).

2. My awesomeness will not allow me to do the above. It is a natural condition. Nothing I can do about it xept drink MOAR and hope that works.

3. As my lethal sensuality and spine tingling shotgun-erotic ass was here long before any vanilla lollipop gagging chode riffer named jraZ came on the scene the super sizzle shimmy slam deep inside my battle hardened core refuses to accept said bitch and or acknowledge such pithy attempts at moderating my homeland.

4. Given the saucy pants awesomeness of certain moderators I do and am able to respect said rules in certain situations. Mostly due to this "old boys" club someone was bitching about earlier. Only reason y'all was whining is cuz ya ain't in it. Earn your stripes like a man and join it. Novel concept I know...

5. KH FTW!!

6. Habluka is a badass.

7. If any of yee wish to bitch and or need to get something off your chest about the moderation of our forums please feel free to leave me a message on my answering machine. My number is 1-800-IDGAF. That said I really am interested in knowing what y'all think so please message me if I like you and I will reply with quite intelligent reasoning. If I don't like you and you know it... I do accept gifts.

Have a nice day ;)
Thanks given by:
I rang that number, I dont know where Kell was but there's one hell of a party goin on over there...

Back on topic (no warning points here please) Not wishing to spoil anyones party but my comment was a more general one, Admins accross AC are behaving like school kids allowing their friends to do anything while banning others for stupid reasons, now on the forum you dont see that, I do see inequality but not from all. Jamz I respect alot and i have never seen any such actions from him RR likewise, The thing i wanted to rant about (self rightous or not) was the way admins operate across AC, we want to attract new players who will be a part of the community and yet we allow clans or individuals to rule servers on the MS like children this is where i believe more MOD action is required.
Thanks given by:
Tru dat, I believe in ya! XD And in MK too, yet, I fail to see a connection... Wait! I see it now, we all play AC!
XD
Thanks given by:
Good initiative to a poll.
But the question is not addressed in this poll.
The problem is the analysis of the post.
Are two different measurements for the same weight.
Yes, there are different treatments for different players. I will not be quoting various posts ... I told you. I'm not going against the moderators.
fact:
I have no doubt that I should not have been punished with 20% warning level.
I am using myself as an example. But it could be anyone else.
My post was not abusive. At most it may have been inconclusive.
But the moderator imposed punishment without wondering exactly what I meant. This is abuse. He did it because he can. Is it?

--- Not! It's not just the case to accept and move on. That would be great for those who think they should decide for themselves about the game.

I care about the game and especially with the people behind it. Beware of those who claim not to care about others' opinions. They are dangerous, abusive and needs to be controlled.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 10:35PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I think this is something people need to get reminded of constantly. The report button. I'm not going to go into much depth about it, but if you feel like you were attacked by another user, if another user was out of line, or something needs to get moderated use the [Image: postbit_report.gif] button. Why? Because mods may not of seen the post in question, or they might not of thought that anyone would take offense to it.

Is it anonymous? Or will mods know about who made the report?

Btw I think it's fine the way it is.*
Thanks given by:
It is not anonymous.
True story.
I know from the PM's I've received in response to me abusing it...
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 03:02AM)Edward Wrote: Is it anonymous? Or will mods know about who made the report?

Not anonymous, mods can see who.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 02:14AM)1Cap Wrote: I have no doubt that I should not have been punished with 20% warning level.
But the moderator imposed punishment without wondering exactly what I meant. This is abuse. He did it because he can. Is it?
Just to clarify your issue once again like RR has done in a few posts before so we can put a halt already on your grudge. Yes, your post was not abusive; however it was off-topic and did not have relation with the purpose of the thread, like RR already said, he even warned everyone before you posted that any off-topic post would be as a consequence warned, which is what happened to you. Now that this is made clear, please stop bringing up this specific issue you have in this thread. We are attempting to all speak in a broad and general idea of this forum's moderation, not your or anyone else's personal case.

The mods have no reason why they would abuse or fool around with the warnings just for fun or personal issues. The mods' job at the end of the day is simply to help get the forums clean and flowing to make it better and easier for everyone. I know the mods and I know for a fact none of them would warn or ban someone because they find it fun or like you said, "because they can".
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 04:41AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(01 Aug 12, 02:14AM)1Cap Wrote: I have no doubt that I should not have been punished with 20% warning level.
Just to clarify your issue once again like RR has done in a few posts before so we can put a halt already on your grudge. Yes, your post was not abusive; however it was off-topic and did not have relation with the purpose of the thread, like RR already said,he even warned everyone before you posted that any off-topic post would be as a consequence warned, which is what happened to you. Now that this is made clear, please stop bringing up this specific issue you have in this thread. We are attempting to all speak in a broad and general idea of this forum's moderation, not your or anyone else's personal case.

The mods have no reason why they would abuse or fool around with the warnings just for fun or personal issues. The mods' job at the end of the day is simply to help get the forums clean and flowing to make it better and easier for everyone. I know the mods and I know for a fact none of them would warn or ban someone because they find it fun or like you said, "because they can".

I received this warning:

"Attacking another forum user after warned. (+2 points)
for post: RE: FuRy - 23 Jul 12, 12:50AM 21 Sep 12, 12:50AM Ronald_Reagan"

I was not punished for being off-topic.
I do not understand this kind of moderation fails ...
[Image: 23a2ih.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fuck off mods, let´s anarchy begins ... ;)
Thanks given by:
1Cap, i'd like this not to become a thread dedicated to your rant about your warning points. Wolf and RR already explained to you the nature of said points, any further issues with that should be dealt with through PMs.
Thanks given by:
There are only two things I do not tolerate: racism/prejudice and cheat advertisement. All the rest I try to put in the context of the thread, some offtopic/useless comments and quotes and flames are part of the game and I don't think warning points will stop them. As online game forums go, this one looks fine to me.
I find it much better now than the delete posts fever that was going on some time ago.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 05:40PM)titiPT Wrote: 1Cap, i'd like this not to become a thread dedicated to your rant about your warning points. Wolf and RR already explained to you the nature of said points, any further issues with that should be dealt with through PMs.

I'm off topic again?
not:
General / Clarification of rules and penalizations

This is the right place and this is the right reason to be assessed. I do not understand the resistance of the mods to admit the error and fix it.
This is the question that is being treated here.
I'm sure you guys have understanding enough to realize what is happening.
And that's good for us to know what each of you expect from the game.

you should not criticize me or attack me or get sober. Fix the issue, not me.
Understand the problem and fix it.
Its a public question.
Thanks given by:
@1Cap: Just stop. Use PM's if you wish to discuss your problem. It's goddamn 20% for 2 months, you'll survive.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 05:49PM)1Cap Wrote: I'm off topic again?
not:
General / Clarification of rules and penalizations

This is the right place and this is the right reason to be assessed.

No it is not. It is "General / Clarification of rules and penalizations" not "Specific / Clarification of rules and penalizations."
Thanks given by:
"I felt offended for moderation. And the rebuke.
But I can not give a "warning level" to moderators .. I?" -1Cap

The answer to all the forum (moderator) problems in one stainless steel gold plated lithium ion powered lady tickler right here my ninjas, is to let the users (you know, the ppl who the forum is for, and used by) vote warning points / bonus points at good / bad moderators. Lord of the fly's if you will. How could this go wrong?

Rancid.Nancy.Regan needs to die in a fire. Remember zARGe ? exactly...

Depot Left,

Bitch.
Thanks given by:
The fact that this thread even had to be made is ridiculous. The lack of control and moderating is ac has gone to shit, with the forum, and the game. There are several reasons for this: There is no true "leader" that looks our for AC's well being as a whole. Yes we have jamz, but you see people often saying, "jamz, is a mod?", even i see jamz just as a cheater detector, and a respectable person in the community, but not a "Boss, general, etc etc." We need something permanent to say who is in charge, and that other people have to listen to.

Ask people to name the current mods, and devs without looking at the docs, i bet more than half would only be able to say 2-3 names, some would be able to name more. People need to know who the mods, and devs are, without having to search in the docs for it. ( its not something new people or even older players do )

Theres no fear from the mods or devs, in ac. Cuz you get a slap on the wrist "warning points"
and you are on your way. Is there a limit of warning points you can get before something happens? do you get banned? if so how many points does it take?

the players of ac need someone in charge or a small group of people, right now the current mods and devs, no one is taking you seriously. you give out warning points, the people that need to be banned from the forum and AC arent being banned. To me is seems that you are trying to be on both sides of the fence, ( that just hurts your junk ) gotta pick a side, if you have to give out 5 warnings wake up ! do something cuz warning them isnt working.

its late and my sentences are prob all mixed up, but if you understand what im getting at then good.

sum it up:
-we need a small group to RUN, CONTROL, MODERATE all of ac ( forum, the game, servers, ms)
-stop being a pussy, if someone truly needs to be banned just f@king do it, stop worrying about what the other players are going to think.
-clarify the rules, make it clear if they are broken, your ass will get spanked.
-the current devs, and mods, think about the game, do whats best for it and not whats best for immature kids that cry when you give out warning points.

The vibe of ac right now is shit, it can easily be fixed if you just do what is needed, and actually listen to the community, instead of letting great ideas and thoughts go to 6+ pages and then closing the thread and not using them. ( there are many many threads like this one, that just get swept under that rug, because no one takes the stand to do anything)

PS: this post may sound like im attacking, but im just giving my ideas on certain things. I mean for this post to be constructive, if its taken for something other, then it was not my intention.
Thanks given by:
The following are the rule breakers in this thread alone, now I am not saying they need to be warned just pointing out that if the rules were enforced the following people in this thread broke them! I would also like to point out that I have used the report button a number of times, the first few times I got a response after that nothing, many times I reported JG99 for advertising links see rule 27. Advertising for a for-profit product or service is forbidden except with special permission from the forum admins. So actually the report button only works if the mods want to apply the rules that day, any other time you may as well send a memo to the pope it would be more effective...

Bullpup

Rancid.Nancy.Regan needs to die in a fire. Remember zARGe ? exactly...

Clearly breaks the following rule;
5. Be civil and show respect to other users on the forums. Keep personal attacks and other types of flaming off of this forum.

and with 1Cap he has broken the following rules in this thread;

14. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
15. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversations. Use the PM feature.

And
ExodusS*
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations
[strike]Zarj[/strike]

ExodusS* breaks rule

14. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.

#M|A#Wolf already covered Link and paul in thread

And

Alien

Fuck off mods, let´s anarchy begins ... ;)

breaks rules

24. Do not excessively use curse words in your thread(s) and/or post(s), your messages will be read by a wide range of age groups.
8. We understand that english is not the first language to many of our users, but do your best to use English (if possible), proper spelling, grammar, etc.
Thanks given by:
Of those, the only ones I would've warned awhile back would be Bullpup and possibly Exodus. Not looking at Link and Paul.

To be honest I'm waiting for another mod to warn Bullpup :>
Thanks given by:
interesting because in my very humble opinion the clearest violation of the rules is infact 1Cap he is clearly trying to hijack this thread for his own reasons. This thread was never about individuals problems and trying to make it so because he got some warning points is a violation of the forum rules. My guess is that he is not being given warning points because the situation is already hot and no one wants to poor fuel onto that particular fire, but rules are rules. If you are going to have them, post them, claim that you enforce them my question to the mods is why are you not doing so?

If I get this all wrong and infact the rules do not mean anything then remove them, post a suggested code of conduct and do what ever you please.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 09:38AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: a suggested code of conduct and do what ever you please.

Well this is basically what the "forum rules" are atm. I agree with Edward in thinking that Rule 19 is stupid, but I'd be happy to be issued warning points any and every time I violated any of the other rules. I suppose bringing the thanks button back would be my favoured option. :<
Thanks given by:
@Anderson: As I see it, breaking a rule doesn't always mean a warning has to be given. If I saw a newcomer posting in a thread something unrelated about a personal issue, at most what I would do is tell the person that what he is doing is wrong and if necessary move his post to a a new thread for him to solve his problem. Only reason I would actually warn someone for doing this would be if after telling them it was wrong, they persisted or if I had seen them doing it already in other threads, things which don't apply to 1Cap (and also besides the point you made that things are already hot).

In my opinion, warning every little possible thing from users is counterproductive. The forums are supposed to be a place where people can discuss things and sometimes have a laugh here and there, so if the mods just start handing out warnings for every single thing what will be the point of players to come to the forums? People would then think more of how to avoid getting warned than think of what they will actually post. It might seem like the perfect world where no one steps out of the line and everyone is respectful but you can't have that kind of world in a game forum, specially because of all the cultures and age differences among the community.

I believe mods should be harsh enough with warnings but not excessively, otherwise it will just give everyone the feeling of being in Soviet Russia during WW2.
Thanks given by:
Oh jeez I am way too drunk for this shit. I'm going to go to work and when I come home I will do two things... First I will dial 1-800 Comcast as its clear y'all need an ass whooping. Second I comprehensively read every post besides the ones that states how fucking awesome I am (which I am) and I will legitimately try to reply with coherent English. Although you can bet your sweet asses I'll most likely slip into shimmy tongue for the majority of the post.
Thanks given by:
@ Vanquish. Last guy who used the thanks button got banned for twice as long as cheaters. Try to be nice and say thanks to all the people you're grateful for and boom, splattered by jamz.

I don't think people should get warned or anything for breaking minor rules, if they only do it a little bit here and there.

Also, less closing threads, more letting the fun continue.
Thanks given by:
Follow only one rule:
Legit
Thanks given by:
Nightmare would you like to dial 1-800-STFU? I heard its a great hotline for morons like yourself who mistakenly think we care that you're butthurt because your bitch clanmate decided to exploit a glitch in jamz' code and be the asshat we all know he is. If you could keep your retarded views of that unfortunate incident to yourself we'd highly appreciate it as we'd like to keep this topic nice and epic since it is a truly informative and thought provoking issue that should be addressed. We are thankful that we are able to address this in such a manner and which such freeness of opinion and speech, allowed so benevolently by our graciously sexy mods, and are looking forward to finishing it, if it really needs to be, I see no reason why it can't go on quite a while, in such a way that befits the blessed awesomeness of these magnificently intriguing forums that we call home. Thank you and have a fine day roasting in a blast furnace. :)
Thanks given by:
^how is this not a ban? :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 07:17PM)MorganKell Wrote: textual excrement deleted

Wow, harsh words. Is that necessary? I mean really. I can't say it added any value to the topic. You are still mad over Zarj's little stunt? A "Thank you" button is that important to you? And to think people say I take the game too seriously.

Morgan, go get an internet connection or at least make a cantenna from a Pringles can and steal your neighbors bandwidth so you can play some AC.

Maybe you will feel better and not find the need to rant endlessly here.

On topic:
Rules should be enforced, but perhaps some of the rules are too strict? I have the same response. Spend more time in game and less time here!
Thanks given by: