Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
(31 Jul 12, 05:42PM)Link Wrote: ...

If I had the chance to purge these forums, you would be one of the first to go.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 05:39PM)Edward Wrote: Sorry if I am rude but you tried to humiliate me by showing me where was my place (does it make any sense uu?).

Well what I saw your first post as is that you were sort of attacking the rules and the point of this thread was to describe that maybe moderation has been slipping lately and a new way of moderation should be reinstated. I may have come off a bit mean sounding but I wanted to really drill in what I said for it is true but not to embarrass you in any way. But basically your post was about how we should go easier on the rules which is in contrast to the general topic of "we should enforce them more". Our rules meaning the forum rules; if everyone made the rules then there would be no point but yes you can question the validity of a rule where fairness must also be at play for everyone else. The whole point of moderation is yes based off of the rules and from there comes common sense and fairness rules and forum mods do their best to treat each user equally. I think what DES|Anderson said is also valid for how mods should work when warning a user.

Just an fyi, when a mod has a problem with a user (Someone perhaps who you may have a grudge on), we sometimes consult other mods for an opinion so we can give a fair warning if necessary sort of like a checks and balance system.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 05:56PM)Cemer Wrote:
(31 Jul 12, 05:42PM)Link Wrote: ...
If I had the chance to purge these forums, you and paul would be ones of the first to go.
FTFY - 2 birds with one stone.

And Edward, I highly doubt XRD would go out of his way to "humiliate" you.
If anything, it was just a disagreement.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 05:42PM)Link Wrote: 1) Start a Hylian Campaign
2) Get people to vote for me
3) ?????
4) Profit
OS down, Link and Nightmare will rise, be careful over there, the shit stains have gotten weaker in our pole!
Thanks given by:
@Link and paul: We're trying to have a sensible and civilized discussion here, if you want to show off your humor go spam the offtopic category, but unless you have anything constructive to say don't post. I really don't want to give out warnings precisely in a thread where we're talking about rules.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 06:57PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: ...
I know the issue here k.
Thanks given by:
Yes, all who feel aggrieved may give a warning like: "warning level"?
The answer is no.
It can only mod.
If I offended I ask a mod to rebuke the user who attacked me?
But mod has the power to interpret the rules of "good sense of who?".
Offending is related in some times. Times.
Only mods have the power to judge.

Only when i was the target of this system mod that I realized how much he is unjust, ineffective and subjective.

My opinion is that I do not feel that the game is protected and cared for by some mods.

But I do not want a crusade against the mods. Everyone who uses his time here in the community deserve my respect.

I understanding that change must start from the actual mods.

20% warning level? I am ashamed and sad.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 06:59PM)Link Wrote: I know the issue here k.
Doubtful. You're one of the biggest violators in this forum. Even if you do "understand," you're just exacerbating the issue.

But I digress.
1Cap, although I can't help that some of your argument stems from some butthurt (I don't mean to be rude here - it's just my perspective, after seeing that "friend of the king" thread), I kinda see what you mean. You're saying that the mods should institute this "change" before the community does, right? If so, I agree with you to an extent.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 07:14PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Doubtful. You're one of the biggest violators in this forum. Even if you do understand, you're just exacerbating the issue.

Seriously? How come most of the time you are EXTREMELY and UNNECESSARILY rude to me? I would expect more for someone who is an adult, and I "doubt" that I'm a violator. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I still think I don't violate the rules.

[/offtopic]

To be honest, I do see some people's post looking like this, IMO, the best solution is to convince the Moderators to raise their awareness.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 07:14PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(31 Jul 12, 06:59PM)Link Wrote: I know the issue here k.

1Cap, although I can't help that some of your argument stems from some butthurt (I don't mean to be rude here - it's just my perspective, after seeing that "friend of the king" thread), I kinda see what you mean. You're saying that the mods should institute this "change" before the community does, right? If so, I agree with you to an extent.

Yes, the change must start from the actual mods.

Another thing ...

I felt offended for moderation. And the rebuke.
But I can not give a "warning level" to moderators .. I?

I think the health forum and game.

I'm trying to contribute. Do not get me wrong.

(31 Jul 12, 07:23PM)Link Wrote:
(31 Jul 12, 07:14PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Doubtful. You're one of the biggest violators in this forum. Even if you do understand, you're just exacerbating the issue.

[/offtopic]

To be honest, I do see some people's post looking like this, IMO, the best solution is to convince the Moderators to raise their awareness.

see you guys

This is the point.
Thanks given by:
So the thread's purpose was to ask for some harsher moderation since some believe that the mods are too lenient. But then there are some members like Myke that think everything is fine and then members like 1Cap and Edward that think the opposite. Now I'm sure there are other people in the forums that think like Myke, 1Cap, and Edward do, so first in my opinion it would be better if we could get some kind of consensus on what most of the community want so mods can act accordingly.

So titi, if you agree I'd like to make a poll to get a clear view of what most of the people think about this.
Thanks given by:
Make an option for a purge.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 08:06PM)Cemer Wrote: Make an option for a purge.
Like this?

But yeah, so far Wolf has done a nice job in keeping this thread intact - I applaud you sir.
The poll seems like a very simple yet effective way of getting this done.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 06:57PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: @Link and paul: We're trying to have a sensible and civilized discussion here, if you want to show off your humor go spam the offtopic category, but unless you have anything constructive to say don't post. I really don't want to give out warnings precisely in a thread where we're talking about rules.

(31 Jul 12, 07:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: So the thread's purpose was to ask for some harsher moderation since some believe that the mods are too lenient. But then there are some members like Myke that think everything is fine and then members like 1Cap and Edward that think the opposite. Now I'm sure there are other people in the forums that think like Myke, 1Cap, and Edward do, so first in my opinion it would be better if we could get some kind of consensus on what most of the community want so mods can act accordingly.

So titi, if you agree I'd like to make a poll to get a clear view of what most of the people think about this.
Hahhaha, Im sorry brah, I was editing my post to say that I agree with MG when someone challenged me to a clash of heroes games so I couldnt finish my edit!
So, I agree with MG, for me its good as it is, I see you guys try to do it nicely, and for me that suffices: now, if people complain, maybe specific things might be wrong and that is for users to give feedback so this problems could be pin pointed.
A poll seems a nice thing to do, but remember, the incident between MG and that other dude with the teabag picture (I dont remember his name) , if I were a mod, I would have wiped out of existence his posts (even finding it so funneh as I did), but a mod didnt think that necessary. Same with last post from fred, got him banned but teh post was still there! I say this just to point out that personal opinions will differ greatly, as I would have also erased those posts...
Im not saying nor how I want things to be done nor how they should be, I found it awesome that those posts were still there after banning the user, I just wanted to point it out as a different view someone would have for the same incident!
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 08:26PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: So, I agree with MG, for me its good as it is

Because you two haven't been warned for spamming completely irrelevant and useless things when you should be warned.

I vote for having a poll (Wolf's preposition).
Thanks given by:
Clan Puppet Moderator(s) is also a problem.
They don't touch clanmates even if they break the rules with every post, then go after anyone who calls them out on it, and kill the forum community more by driving away good people who are sick of the bad eggs, who get protected by their Puppet Mod. Then edit every single post of anyone who tries saying something about it to protect themselves.

Also some have been banned for stuff that isn't in the rules(or a rule that barely has anything to do with it, but is used as an excuse) Then others who do the same exact thing get untouched, because the admin is scared they'll hack them in revenge. Equal penalties gogogo.

And I understand how 1Cap feels(not debating if they were deserved or not)
, if I ever get warning points, I'd probably leave.
Thanks given by:
Hehe, Ive received warning points all rigth! And MG got warned after fighting with Fred I believe,...
But, Cemer, what you find irrelevant, others might think its not... that is why a Mod has to be oblivious to many things, but wise and acknowledged in others...
@Nightmare, why u no warning points for trying to access the elite mod crew? XD (but never leave ! XD)
Thanks given by:
Why would trying to help out get me warning points? :p

Also @ overall topic of thread, who has control over the forum rules? jamzy?
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 03:57PM)Edward Wrote: If I say +1 about somebody's post, it is because I agree with him and I want people to know it. Maybe you will find my post useless but take care because some others could find some of your "detailed" posts useless too. It is something really subjective.

That is a clear violation of a Forum Rule and adds nothing to the discussion. But i believe XRD already said all i could say regarding this matter.

(31 Jul 12, 05:39PM)Edward Wrote: I do not disagree with all of them and I do not really care about but it irritates me when someone criticize the pertinence of one of my post by quoting those senseless rules.

A post merely consisting of "lol" is not pertinent at all, i have no idea how you can think the opposite.

(31 Jul 12, 07:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: So titi, if you agree I'd like to make a poll to get a clear view of what most of the people think about this.
Do as you please, i'm very interested in the results of a poll like that.

1Cap, having warning points is not the end of the world. A mod thought you were out of the line in a thread (posting offtopic responses after RR said that all offtopic posts would receive warnings) and he warned you. No biggy. Just move on and accept your mistake.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 09:34PM)titiPT Wrote:
(31 Jul 12, 03:57PM)Edward Wrote: If I say +1 about somebody's post, it is because I agree with him and I want people to know it. Maybe you will find my post useless but take care because some others could find some of your "detailed" posts useless too. It is something really subjective.

That is a clear violation of a Forum Rule and adds nothing to the discussion. But i believe XRD already said all i could say regarding this matter.

(31 Jul 12, 05:39PM)Edward Wrote: I do not disagree with all of them and I do not really care about but it irritates me when someone criticize the pertinence of one of my post by quoting those senseless rules.

A post merely consisting of "lol" is not pertinent at all, i have no idea how you can think the opposite.

(31 Jul 12, 07:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: So titi, if you agree I'd like to make a poll to get a clear view of what most of the people think about this.
Do as you please, i'm very interested in the results of a poll like that.

1Cap, having warning points is not the end of the world. A mod thought you were out of the line in a thread (posting offtopic responses after RR said that all offtopic posts would receive warnings) and he warned you. No biggy. Just move on and accept your mistake.

why you guys insist on thinking that can tell me how I should feel or what I do. Give your opinion without trying to prove that you are 100% correct. Be humble. Accept what I think too. Do not tell me what to do and how to act.

This your comment, simply going against the various opinions that had so far.
Do not criticize people who think differently from you. Or will say that offended you for sharing what I think? I deserve more "warning levels"?

We will improve and build, not to criticize each other.
Thanks given by:
Quote spam's another issue we could work on...
Thanks given by:
Quote spam is the most annoying thing out there for me right now. Other than that, people that are here only to cause trouble.

I don't go to every thread, only the ones I'm interested in. So I don't see shit posts in a lot of threads.

I think the complaints in the past about over moderation were the result of a tendency(Almost a policy) of closing a thread *before* it got out of hand or went offtopic. Now it seems like threads are allowed to derail and then they are sometimes closed and some people feel this is under moderation.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 06:08PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Just an fyi, when a mod has a problem with a user (Someone perhaps who you may have a grudge on), we sometimes consult other mods for an opinion so we can give a fair warning if necessary sort of like a checks and balance system.

Very true, if I am unsure about someone, I report them rather than moderate them myself.

(31 Jul 12, 07:03PM)1Cap Wrote: Only when i was the target of this system mod that I realized how much he is unjust, ineffective and subjective.

Ouch, I actually how no idea how un-subjective that act of moderation was. It was super simple. I laid out the rule in one post, come back to the thread and see three posts breaking the rule that I made. All with different levels of severity. You did exactly what I said not to do. Sorry if I misunderstood - as you once said - there may be some issues with translation.

See, this is what happens. People might not realize it, but almost every move a moderator makes is questioned. In the issue that I talked about above, 2/3 people decided they didn't want warning points. One of them graciously accepted the points and realized they were wrong. 1Cap, you aren't alone, people have gotten mad at me for moderating them before. Tbh, in the end I don't care. I don't moderate to become friends.

(31 Jul 12, 08:34PM)Nightmare Wrote: Clan Puppet Moderator(s) is also a problem.
They don't touch clanmates even if they break the rules with every post, then go after anyone who calls them out on it, and kill the forum community more by driving away good people who are sick of the bad eggs, who get protected by their Puppet Mod. Then edit every single post of anyone who tries saying something about it to protect themselves.

Of course some moderators are biased, but it doesn't actually change anything. I can only remember remember a specific incident where a clan-member-mod went out of their way to protect themselves, their clan, or their fellow clanmate. I know a couple times I don't moderate my clanmates just because I don't know how much I should. If anything, I feel more at liberty to give out a super harsh warning (see ShadowZ) because that is how I get change, and I feel comfortable as I know that person well.

(31 Jul 12, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Also @ overall topic of thread, who has control over the forum rules? jamzy?

jamz would be the person to add new mods and such. There isn't much infrastructure behind the rules and change. I would assume that a post would be made in the mod section, and people would vote on it. Enough approval would mean change.

Just my guess.

(31 Jul 12, 07:33PM)1Cap Wrote: But I can not give a "warning level" to moderators .. I?

If you think a mod has made a post requiring warning points, report their post.

I think this is something people need to get reminded of constantly. The report button. I'm not going to go into much depth about it, but if you feel like you were attacked by another user, if another user was out of line, or something needs to get moderated use the [Image: postbit_report.gif] button. Why? Because mods may not of seen the post in question, or they might not of thought that anyone would take offense to it.
Thanks given by:
Honestly, there's no real punishment for not following the forum rules and if there were strict punishments, the forums would be a lot less fun. Warning points themselves are more like a badge of honor in my opinion than a punishment and bans are just from when mods get too butt hurt because of a little joke most of the time and rarely are more than a slight inconvenience.
Thanks given by:
On that note, do you want to have mods start updating your user title whenever your points change? Because you are at 50% now.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 10:44PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: On that note, do you want to have mods start updating your user title whenever your points change? Because you are at 50% now.

thanks for reminding me, I keep forgetting to keep it updated. Of course, there's the possibility that I might just be setting a goal for myself...
Thanks given by:
Inb4 Habluka 99% warning. ;)
Thanks given by:
Can only give out warnings in tens :(
Thanks given by:
Just fyi, poll is up.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Why would trying to overthrow the government get me warning points? :p
Dunno brah... just guessing...

Nice explanation by Mael, and RR´s too!

Now I have to say I just love 1cap, I must agree with him wholeheartedly, until the end of time, even against my beliefs XD
Thanks given by: