The Year is 1969,and the CLA and RVSF forces are Battling again.This time its for control of an old WWI era mine.
[Image: PeSGH.jpg]

Click Here To Download.

P.S: This map would be great for King Of The Hill if only the mode existed :(
Thanks given by:
I thought this thread would somehow be about this.

Everyone has seen trench maps, but I'm glad you avoided the cliche of "sniper towers" and/or unbalanced geometry for RVSF and CLA.

I also like the use of water with the mud textures so it looks like it might have just rained. The inside of those caves also look great with your texture choices and geometry.

You've also managed to keep the map open enough to find players easily but still be able to take cover when needed.

I don't really understand why the rails are there (or the wire platforms) but I think it works.

The skymap walls work against you in this one. Almost everywhere the "edges" pf the map look weird (there were a few posts about the drawbacks of this technique).

I think the broken ceiling in the two caves should be deeper. If you don't feel this is justified because of the low "roof level" visible, just look at those mine-shafts with their "phantom cubes".
Thanks given by:
Nice super mario!
Thanks given by:
Not bad. After a quick look I just noticed a few things I would change. Bases should be more covered, and generally not facing each other directly. Also, the health spam in each base is weird. Looks fun though. :D
Thanks given by:
Sorry to go a little offtrack here but does anybody have an idea why the railroads and minecarts don't show for me? it's showing the big ass industrial elevator that appears in ac_mines

Btw, nice map Think3r, it looks like it could be a cool fun map :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 09:39PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Sorry to go a little offtrack here but does anybody have an idea why the railroads and minecarts don't show for me?

It could be that they are custom content, although I don't know that for sure. Did you put all the files in the appropriate folders after downloading the map, i.e. models into the right folder?

EDIT: Well I just downloaded the map and there appears to be nothing but the map files, which I believe means there is no custom content. This means that my above answer is incorrect. Perhaps someone else knows what the issue is.
Thanks given by:
I do have the textures and mapmodels, but for some reason the game can't recognize or find them.
Thanks given by:
Make sure you also copied the config file over. Two files total.
Append: This hides the mine lifts too, so I don't know.
Append: The config file is really, really stripped down. It also lacks calls to mapmodelreset/texturerest/mapsoundreset.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 07:12PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I thought this thread would somehow be about this.
It would be hard to make in 1942 map in ac but probably not in AoS.
(26 Jul 12, 07:12PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I also like the use of water with the mud textures so it looks like it might have just rained. The inside of those caves also look great with your texture choices and geometry.
I was going just for that effect.Glad it worked:)
(26 Jul 12, 07:12PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: The skymap walls work against you in this one. Almost everywhere the "edges" pf the map look weird (there were a few posts about the drawbacks of this technique).
Yes i know about that,I was originally gonna give it the hill effect that ac_deltaforce had,but I decided to do that on a map revision.
(26 Jul 12, 07:12PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I think the broken ceiling in the two caves should be deeper. If you don't feel this is justified because of the low "roof level" visible, just look at those mine-shafts with their "phantom cubes".
I did noticed that while i was mapping but left it alone, I was planning on fixing it in the revision.
Thanks given by:
The railroads and minecarts are official mapmodels and thus, you should have them. They were used in/on ac_outpost and various custom maps. I would suggest looking at your paths if nothing else has worked.
Thanks given by:
This is a neat map.
The only suggestion I can think of is one that I think Felix already mention - the skymap clashes with the side tunnel entrances. I'd suggest extending the map a bit, and then clipping it off. Idk if I phrased this right, if not I'll try to show you in-game.
Thanks given by:
Should you decide to use random texture swaps on the muddy areas (a technique people here call "Floppy Spam"), texture slot #139 would be a great choice (The current texture used is slot #138)

Example

Append: There are grenade pickups under each of your mine lifts?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 12, 02:21AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Append: There are grenade pickups under each of your mine lifts?

I was origanially was gonna make the mine lifts un clipped so that when if you fall in there you would have to kill yourself with the nade's(Thats why the do not enter signs are on the sides of the openings).But then I Realised people could just camp in there in specific game modes to win.So i just left them there as Easter eggs .
Thanks given by: