mapmodel numbers?
heya people. been a while :P work, travel, friends and such have brought me away from playing assault cube.

anyways. i have recently been making a map in my spare time. when i go to the mapmodel menu however, and press something i would like to be elevated, it automatically places that object on the ground. this is not the case for things like platforms and bridges, where you can designate a certain height and texture. Seeing as how you would need a mapmodel number to do such a thing with other mapmodels, how do you fellow mappers get your hands on such numbers?
Thanks given by:
By looking in config/default_map_settings.cfg, I guess. Or by placing the model through the menu and then looking at the attributes. Or they just edit the height attribute after placing the thing on the ground.
Thanks given by:
If you go to your nearest entity, you'll see four numbers below. The first is angle, the second is mapmodel number, the third is height & the fourth is texture. To manipulate these four numbers, you can press 1-4 (the height being 3) and using the scroll wheel, you can elevate it, or lower it.
Thanks given by:
Snoosnoo Wrote:To manipulate these four numbers, you can press 1-4 (the height being 3) and using the scroll wheel, you can elevate it, or lower it.
If you do this in 1.1.0.4 co-op edit, it'll desync across clients! You can do this first then push semicolon on your keyboard for an entset call (change nothing and push enter) to sync it across clients.
Thanks given by:
awesomeness. thanks for the answers. just wanted to know.

and btw long time no see felix :P
Thanks given by: