What Accent/Dialect do you have?
So, this is a large comunity coming from lots of different areas.
What accent do you have? What accents are funny or annoying?
Discuss.

^^ the closest city I live to is Newcastle and this is the general accent you will hear if you ever visit. I dont really have a full on accent though as i wasnt raised in newcastle. What is it where YOU come from?
Thanks given by:
I have a South Australian accent, I find really thick Victorian accents to be annoying, it just sounds uneducated
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/nSxpJi1SoJI
Thanks given by:
Err, portuguese, i guess.
Thanks given by:
I'm number three. except I have a deeper voice ofc.

Thanks given by:
The dialect that is spoken on the border at Niagara between the States and Canada. (idunnolololol)

Also, people say I sound 17. I laughed.
Thanks given by:
aussie.

That french accent is literally perfect.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 11:52PM)Vermi Wrote: I have a South Australian accent, I find really thick Victorian accents to be annoying, it just sounds uneducated

LOLOL R4zor!
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 12:55AM)Cemer Wrote: The dialect that is spoken on the border at Niagara between the States and Canada. (idunnolololol)

Also, people say I sound 17. I laughed.
Hhhahaa, Ill be at Burlington next weekend, for ConBravo... XD

@Vanq, lovely video!

And, I obviously speak with the chicano accent...
Thanks given by:
I'd say the typical American accent with a little Mexican accent. I've been told I don't really sound like most Mexicans though I sometimes make hints of Mexican accent in a few sounds. Even an American friend from Louisiana told me I had an accent that sounded as if I was from Ohio, so idk that's my rough description I guess lol.
Thanks given by:
I was tought RP (University) but then when I studied in USA i got a rothic accent. My phonetic teacher still hates me for that :-P
Thanks given by:
I have a general American accent (St. Louis, MO)

However, I lived in Thailand for 5 years and became fluent in the language. Since Thai is a tonal language the sound rises and falls from word to word.

When I moved back to the USA my friends and family said my accent has changed and sounds kind of like I am 'singing' my words. I guess when speaking a language like that for so long it's hard to keep out the tonal fluxuations.
Thanks given by:
I speak like Raj from the big bang theory :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 11:52PM)Vermi Wrote: I find really thick Victorian accents to be annoying, it just sounds uneducated
I just realised how true this is.
Victorian accent, not thick but it's definitely there.
Thanks given by:
lol. thats a good video but Liverpool isnt in the northeast. Its a kick in the arse from wales.
Thanks given by:
Apparently I have an upper class English accent when I'm comfortable with the people I'm speaking too. If not, it's generally deeper. (Don't know why.)

How untrue that is, when I live in the largest council estate in Europe.
Thanks given by:
people say i sound pretty british but I am from germany ...
in german i dont have a dialekt, i speak standard german :)
Thanks given by:
Even though Robtics would say that my accenct is pretty much "Bayerisch" (Bavarian) I say in my sentences there´s often a wonderfull little pinch of Franconian/"Fränkisch" ("Horch a mol, i glaub du bisd a weng debberd!"). Beside that I speak standard German, a little bit "Schwäbisch" (Swabian) here and there. And if I won´t to joke around "Sächsisch" (Saxon).
Thanks given by:
I have a strong cockney/London accent, people find it hard to understand me sometimes but when i am amoungst my own no probs :)

For those who dont know what that is see below;
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 11:52PM)Vermi Wrote: I have a South Australian accent, I find really thick Victorian accents to be annoying, it just sounds uneducated

sorry cant help it

(23 Jul 12, 01:02AM)Shorty Wrote: LOLOL R4zor!

i cant think of a more annoying voice than yours
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GaOiSMVmAY

This is how a typical citizen of Berlin speaks like. Most people in Berlin don't speak like this anymore for various reasons, the Berlin accent has a rather bad reputation in Germany, it sounds "dumb", most "educated" people don't use it. I think I speak standard German with an influence of Berlin dialect like speaking faster than people in Southern Germany and not as clear as them, but pretty much standard German apart from that.
Thanks given by:
Sith efrican here.

as in "I want to go to south africa" -black guy

"But ur Blick" -racist travel agent
Thanks given by:
I'm a native English speaker with a General American accent. I was born and raised in suburban areas of Texas with significant influence in early childhood from a British caretaker, resulting in a distinct British accent of some kind (I know not what) well into childhood. With bare effort I can get people to say I sound Canadian, but I usually don't speak like that.
Thanks given by:
i speak mid-atlantic regional accent. It's got a bit of north and a bit of south in it. In my case it tends to be more southern. Most notably when i say words like "hung, sung, sing, etc. etc" because i drop the soft g completely out of the word.
Thanks given by:
I live in Leicester, pretty much the middle of England, although i wouldn't exactly say i sound like a typical person from my region. I think its partially down to the fact i find the accent pretty distasteful. However i still pronounce some words with short a's, such as grass (not grarse) and bath (not barth). My Dad was originally from Bolton (north west England), so i might have picked up a few changes in accent through him.
Thanks given by:
I have a weak Scottish accent
Thanks given by:
Neutral American, despite being born and raised in the South.
Thanks given by:
I speak in a thoroughly unexciting and slightly annoying Victorian accent.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 12:52AM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: I live in Leicester, pretty much the middle of England, although i wouldn't exactly say i sound like a typical person from my region. I think its partially down to the fact i find the accent pretty distasteful. However i still pronounce some words with short a's, such as grass (not grarse) and bath (not barth). My Dad was originally from Bolton (north west England), so i might have picked up a few changes in accent through him.
I pronounce them the same way.
Master not marster.
Thanks given by:
^^
Thanks given by: