What Accent/Dialect do you have?
(24 Jul 12, 08:48PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: ^^
[FFFkin Norfan mankeis]
hahah!
Thanks given by:
I used to speak properly but now I taak Geordie. An awful habit to catch on to. I am embarrassing to myself when I without thinking say 'a divnt knaa' in place of I don't know.
It just sounds so 'aam tough me like how'. My Mam's worse though, I'm sure she even makes up Geordie words. They make me cringe when I hear them.
Thanks given by:
I speak 'Merican
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 12, 01:02AM)Hellspell Wrote: I used to speak properly but now I taak Geordie. An awful habit to catch on to. I am embarrassing to myself when I without thinking say 'a divnt knaa' in place of I don't know.
It just sounds so 'aam tough me like how'. My Mam's worse though, I'm sure she even makes up Geordie words. They make me cringe when I hear them.
oh? where do you live?
Thanks given by:
i have an american accent
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 12, 08:36AM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(30 Jul 12, 01:02AM)Hellspell Wrote: I used to speak properly but now I taak Geordie. An awful habit to catch on to. I am embarrassing to myself when I without thinking say 'a divnt knaa' in place of I don't know.
oh? where do you live?

In bonny Blyth. My whole family's Northumbrian so I don't know why I used to speak entirely properly when I was younger. Perhaps because all the kids around me thought it was cool to start saying stuff like 'aye', 'nee way' and 'nurr' (that's the worst one) and it rubbed off on to me. Strangely my sister doesn't speak Geordie, but Gibberish with some Amercan thrown in which I also don't understand the reasoning behind.
She says the most horrible words like 'wadever' 'f'r cying out loud' which are far worse than 'haddaway, man' or 'shite'
Thanks given by:
I have a strong Japanese accent.
Thanks given by:
this is my accent:

this video is actually really funny
Thanks given by:
I have an American accent.
AMERICA! FUCK YEA!!!
Thanks given by:
Buenos Aires, Argentina Accent
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 12, 03:46AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I speak 'Merican

However aside from my friend up there I also speak Cantonese :D.
Thanks given by:
part from Prague, Czech

our language is very difficult

Thanks given by:
Tough one to define, something i would like to call 'Dracula' English, although u would probably say it's 'Russian-like' English with strong T and R, including not so good distinction between W and V. Waffles can explain it better. :D
Thanks given by:
Here we speak like this:
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 06:14PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: I have a strong cockney/London accent, people find it hard to understand me sometimes but when i am amoungst my own no probs :)

For those who dont know what that is see below;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0AOUEmMYaGT
Thanks given by: