ESL Versus
mystered used his edit hax
Thanks given by:
What are you talking about ? :D
Thanks given by:
I had a conversation with this german player "weR LurcH". I got told from ESL that they will check him.
Thanks given by:
how do you accept a match? yesterday i wanted to play with robaum, both we were clicking "play vs" but match was not starting
Thanks given by:
you have to wait 2 minutes, sometimes more. After that it will connect you guys. It will say Play Match or something. If both players push it, then it will connect you. At this point you see who you are playing. There are two maps whatever map you want, click on. If both players click on different maps, it will pick randomly(I think). Then you just play the game and click "Enter Result". You say if you won or lost. Make sure both players enter the scores. The sad thing is, you cannot play against this person against unless you want to do this whole process again.
Thanks given by:
after entering the result of the match appears a "play again" button
Thanks given by:
Ya and that brings you right back and you have to wait for 2 minutes. You can't just click play again and go onto the next map.
Thanks given by:
I agree to some extent what Whopxer is saying. It would be nice if we could implement some sort of play again vote (similar to the map vote) after the game has been played, giving the chance for the players to rematch. Speaking of which, it might be a good idea for a mode vote (dm or surv) to go through once the map has been voted.
Thanks given by:
there isn't a delay if your mate doesn't wait two minutes to click replay. Its possible that someone does close the whole standby tool, so he has to go through again from the start.

The mode is in a different way to setup : when you choose the game from the list, it will show you different challenges, like 1vs1 dm / 1vs1 surv / 1vs1 XY /. atm it's not like that because Assault Cube is new and it would seperate the people into different channels.

(check other games on the list, they have it already)
Thanks given by:
Today , Mati and gignu played a 1v1 for esl, and they tied at 25 - 25. They had the exact same score, except that Mati had 5 points more, in the score of the scoreboard. Which brings us to a tricky question : Does score count for esl, or should mati just put it is a tie ?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 08:39PM)Mystered Wrote: They had the exact same score, except that Mati had 5 points more, in the score of the scoreboard.
Then you didn't have the same score and Mati won.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 09:42PM)titiPT Wrote:
(23 Jul 12, 08:39PM)Mystered Wrote: They had the exact same score, except that Mati had 5 points more, in the score of the scoreboard.
Then you didn't have the same score and Mati won.

gg.
Thanks given by:
We have three possibilites to judge a result.

The first is to judge the kills, The second to judge the death, The third to judge the score.

Judging the death : How can be death rate different, if kills are same amount ? It's because some weapon are giving 2 points. As example someone made a Headshot, it will rate him two points. So opponent has to work as double as much to work up this.

Judging the score : I will give you the explanation Brahma gave me. Scoring was supposed to be a new Fun-Mode. You get more score points, by Headshoting someone, while you made a 360 befor. Using different weapons, like nades, or combo using weapons, will give you more score. Clear answer : Score has nothing to do with the actual result, it has to do who made the more "beautiful or creative" kills.

To judge a result by the gameplay of a player doesn't work, while some player are focused to the efficiency, some other player play creative. Just effeciency is not judged by score, like killing in less than 1 second after spawn. It's because score is not supposed to judge the result of a match. it was supposed to judge creativity.

What count is how often the body from your opponent was dead on the floor = deathmatch

(except the two points which is given to you for a HeadShot, because it's rated as very difficult)

So a HeadShot is already rewarded by two kills. which the opponent has to work up already with two additional frags. So death difference is automatically unbalanced, because you don't become two death for it.

Additionally ESL will not allow to judge matches like this. You can imagene to explain someone in ESL that you won, because you made the more beautiful kills, could be somehow difficult. The game should be handy and comfortable to already existing rules.

So, matches are judged from the first row, KILLS

As you can see, i want not push you up to a rule without any explanation. (that's why wall of text, instead one phrase) I want let you know the thinking behind this rules, be my friend to add something if i missed it.

Play for win !
Thanks given by:
So even deaths will not count in the judgement ?
Thanks given by:
you did understand it correctly

@ mati and gignu, you posted it proper
Thanks given by:
Ok, thanks for the answer fundog :)
Thanks given by:
you're welcome ;-)
Thanks given by:
Wait, what? First you said,
Quote:The first is to judge the kills, The second to judge the death, The third to judge the score.
But then you say that deaths don't count when answering Mystered? I'm confused.
Thanks given by:
i collected the situation and added the conclusion, to explain all eventualities
Thanks given by:
Mati and gignu tied in frags, ergo according to your post, deaths should be taken in judgement since they are the "second judgement" after frags. Am I wrong?
Thanks given by:
Death judging will not work if you calculate my explanations

Mati and gignu played tie because they made same frags in that case

Death will not count = that's why tie exist

In case of ESL, you really need to play for win, which is forcing the challenge
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to kick this wur Lurch and Taffgirl off the ladder? They're either the same person or friends, cheating the system by only playing each other and getting max points by alternating wins and losses.
Thanks given by:
just posted it : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1-post-10...#pid104113

Log is sent to the account management of ESL, i hope they will fix it asap
Thanks given by:
How can you see the game's rankings?

Edit: nvm found it :)
Thanks given by:
for all ;-)

http://www.esl.eu/de/assaultcube/ui/vers...gs/5273729
Thanks given by:
I have spotted a cheater, markeloff, he only plays esl.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543-post-...#pid104744
Thanks given by:
I spoke with markeloff on ac.fd.tc and he told me that it was not him. Seems that it is a faker. He said me to post that and his IP (I just do it and do not know the truth) :

markeloff: omg
markeloff: is my faker
markeloff: i play today
markeloff: my ip
WHOIS client 0:
name    markeloff
IP      201.29.133.x
markeloff: 201.29.133
Edward: yeah I see
Edward: let me check
markeloff: yes
markeloff: faker = feeh
markeloff: using hack
Edward: lol
markeloff: bb
Edward: seems that the IP wasnt reported
markeloff: '-'
Edward: because he disconnected to early
markeloff: man
markeloff: i dont user hax
markeloff: is faker
Edward: dont know if it was you :p btw I wont post ur IP dude
markeloff: post
markeloff: post
markeloff: is faker he
markeloff: i dont user hack
Edward: ok I can say them that
Thanks given by:
28/07/12 18:29h ESL markeloff first_login_default
30/07/12 13:32h ESL markeloff change_country br -> uk
30/07/12 13:36h ESL markeloff change_country uk -> sz
30/07/12 13:40h ESL markeloff change_country sz -> lr
30/07/12 13:41h ESL markeloff change_country lr -> ug
30/07/12 13:42h ESL markeloff change_country ug -> ua
30/07/12 15:35h ESL markeloff change_country ua -> fi

That doesn't prove anything but it's odd at least. And he isn't Finnish. He tried to convince me that he is Finnish but he was using a Google translator.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5681-post...#pid104890
Thanks given by:
thanks for that

final conclusion : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5688.html
Thanks given by: