Poll: Did you start noob?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
72.34%
34 72.34%
No
27.66%
13 27.66%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you start noob?
Still Noob but I play on whatever pops up...
Thanks given by:
The only reason I play on noob ocasionally is because it's hard to find non-laggy servers playing on good maps and modes with people on them.
Thanks given by:
I started as a noob in .92 didn't know which way the bullets went out of my gun. But back then there weren't many "noob" maps the only custom one I remember being spammed & played was ac_church.
Thanks given by:
Headshot_City(!!!!!!!NEW_YORK!!!!!!) 24/7
I can't remember how it's spelled.
Thanks given by:
Started as a .93 noob who enjoyed maps like ac_tenis and ac_wall
Thanks given by:
i was always the best
Thanks given by:
I was/am always the worst
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 12, 03:26AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: tosok on desert and weird custom map, and months later then ezjem, oldvillage, rabins oasis, pretty much the hanze servers era
Thanks given by:
Skill wise I was always above average and have never progressed. Taste wise I always have and will play noob maps. If I want to play in a realistic environment competitively, I'll play CoD. AC has always for me been about messing around and a free substitute for a real online fps.
I started in the hanze osok servers era. Jump City, Skyscraper city, Headshot city and the lss brasil's were the maps I played most. Ezjemville had fallen out of favour at the time. Old village was an occasional sight. But I'd say it was probably Jump City's era. I had enough time to get a lot of enjoyment before the twin towers era and now this map restriction generated era of the @camper maps.
I'll always enjoy a good noob map. Why would anyone decide they are only going to play on realistic, detailed maps on a game that naturally doesn't allow particularly realistic and detailed maps?
Thanks given by:
God, yes, I was noob. If you have 1.0 to hand, here's one of my earliest demos; I'd been playing online for about 2 months and had barely learnt to strafe run or jump. For some reason I was using the shotgun for most of this game. I played a lot of T/OSOK, particularly desert, when I started and was moving into CTF around this period.
Thanks given by:
tdm @camper maps, I kept on seeing someone named unarmed and thought it was one person, then I learned that it wasn't just one person.
Thanks given by:
Wow jamz ultra nooblet.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 12, 12:53AM).JK. Wrote: I kept on seeing someone named unarmed and thought it was one person, then I learned that it wasn't just one person.
Dat moment when you realize.
Thanks given by:
Desert3 CTF (come on there must be some players out here who started on an official map)... I spawned, tried to orientate myself and got killed instantly... and tbh not much has changed since then.
Thanks given by:
CTF douze, shine and mines. Shotty all the way! Boom-splatta-splatta.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 12, 03:22AM)DogDancing Wrote: I started as a noob in .92 didn't know which way the bullets went out of my gun. But back then there weren't many "noob" maps the only custom one I remember being spammed & played was ac_church.

and

(14 Jul 12, 06:14AM)XFA Wrote: Started as a .93 noob who enjoyed maps like ac_tenis and ac_wall

ac_tennis with a bunchload of mcnmm players was epic. also all the ac_church mods. Ohooho the nostalgia, recall RandumIdiot making one!
Thanks given by:
I was extremely noob, didn't even click the 'Multiplayer' menu item until after about 3-4 months or so of practicing against bots. When I finally started playing online, I would get owned so often that the only mode I could reliably get a decent amount of kills on was TOSOK. So that was the only mode I played until probably the 1.0.4 release. Thats when I started playing a lot of TyD ladder and trying different modes and weapons.

Been a fun learning experience for sure. :)
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 02:06PM)Bukz Wrote: I was extremely noob, didn't even click the 'Multiplayer' menu item until after about 3-4 months or so of practicing against bots. When I finally started playing online, I would get owned so often that the only mode I could reliably get a decent amount of kills on was TOSOK. So that was the only mode I played until probably the 1.0.4 release. Thats when I started playing a lot of TyD ladder and trying different modes and weapons.

Been a fun learning experience for sure. :)

Don't forget ac_fort! huhu!

I think we all started off with tosok... Started owning ac_desert, thinking we're pro, trying a 1vs1, getting destroyed. (Thanks Bouke.) Aaah.. Good times. <3
Thanks given by:
I used to play ac_douze in TOSOK and ac_desert in TOSOk and I even joined a TOSOK clan.
I only played CTF on ac_sunset when a friend started to play CTF.
Thanks given by:
TOSOK on ac_desert was ALL I played until a few weeks ago. Now I'm addicted to the @camper maps (even though I suck xD)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 12, 03:22AM)DogDancing Wrote: I started as a noob in .92 didn't know which way the bullets went out of my gun. But back then there weren't many "noob" maps the only custom one I remember being spammed & played was ac_church.

I remember that map! I think it's the first one I ever played on.
Thanks given by:
For me, I was a 100% FPS noob. At least for PC that is, AssaultCube was my first FPS game.

So I was your typical noob. CTF ac_douze (can't say I don't hate it today :D ), @camper, shotgun shotgun shotgun, camping.

I was never a TOSOK guy though.
Thanks given by:
I'm still borderline noob. I played any maps at first, picking them by the number of players on the server. I prefer playing against better players now, so I stick to the ladders and clan servers.
Thanks given by: