Water damage?
Hello dear assault cubers, today I have a simple question, is it possible to make the water be deathly by contact? Even make it do damage over time?
Thanks for your time!
Thanks given by:
inb4 lava
Poseidon and Gaea are plotting against us.
Save yourselves.
ac_moon.
Our only hope.
Thanks given by:
Unless you get some game code editing done, then no.
Thanks given by:
How difficult would it be? Are there players capable? Is the earth an oblate spheroid?
Thanks given by:
Learn some C++ basics and you already made the first step. Or you know, ask someone that already knows, though for these types of things most people end up doing it themselves. There's not much motivation with helping from the other end is there?
Thanks given by:
Well, if you want to be a part of a rising new AC more open to everybody in which an individual contribution that improves gameplay is acknowledged by all and used, then, please begin nao.
Cause I cant start to enumerate how water damage would improve this game, takking mapping in relation to gameplay to a new level, and improving already known and played "modes".
BTW, don´t know if you have noticed, but Im not the most clever guy. So, please, consider my limitations when offering such advice as learn C++, XD (I blame marihuana).
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 12, 01:51AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: if you want to be a part of a rising new AC

the proletariat are interested to hear your thoughts.
Thanks given by:
Well, this wold make aqueous almost totally biased.
Thanks given by:
Lol.
ac_moon would just be spawn-suicide then xD.
Thanks given by:
i always thought it was funny that you cant drown OR take fall damage.

Fall damage should be implemented to prevent pooey '@CamperH4x0R-ERRHHMAHGERD!!supervnwoejvq!PINGAS!vijralJHFouofvhGfygu4EVA' maps
Thanks given by:
Please implement water damage in the new version.
Please ensure that this features hinderance is decided by server administrator.
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Actually, I'm pretty sure I have met a 'deathly liquid' before ingame...
Thanks given by:
Sure it couldn't have been someone camping in the water and shooting you? I've never heard of environmental damage in AC.
Thanks given by:
lolno
Won't happen, never will.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 12, 07:41AM)Orynge Wrote: lolno
Won't happen, never will.
Based on? It is good to give input and background behind allusions that hurt others, if only out of politeness.
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
I can see an application for said "water damage," namely a pit of lava, acid, and the like.
I know Sauerbraten has lava :>
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to change the damage of bullets underwater? Like say its currently 24 damage for AR. If another player is underwater, and you shoot them, it would be 20 or something due to water resistance. If fact, there is already water resistance for bodies/players so why not for bullets? I'm just trying to make AC more realistic and so is Paul.

Edit: changes the numbers
Thanks given by:
Basically, by making water lethal (like Assassin's Creed), you're getting rid of a feature that many mappers use as part of gameplay in their maps.
TBH, lava probably won't happen either. AC is supposed to be in a realistic environment. Why would there be lava and acid in an urban battlefield?
Thanks given by:
ChO, I understand what you mean, but then with that logic wouldn't you have to make bullets shot by somebody underwater at somebody above do less damage?
Or am I completely wrong? xD
Curious idea though.
Thanks given by:
Well water wouldn't have damage. A clip like entity would have a damage factor on. This was removed from AC from the cube engine (I believe.) But it could be reimplemented.

You should really be asking for the inclusion of the carrot entity. I miss it.
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare re-makes the one quake 3 map where you go boing boing ahhhhh and fall into space to your death.
Thanks given by:
Even without looking at the code one can assume there is an "underwater" state with the change of sounds when the player is under water.

audiomanager.cpp:
bool underwater = /*alive &&*/ firstperson && hdr.waterlevel>player1->o.z+player1->aboveeye;

There's also this, but you can't really mod your health with it (in game)

Eww no syntax highlighting :/
Thanks given by:
[Image: 135891.jpg]

it's going to be like this
Thanks given by:
I dont really like this idea. keller would be unplayable and acquous would be biased as HELL :p And what about the well in desert?

[Image: 20120720.jpg]
lolololol
Thanks given by:
How would aqueous be biased? Surely you wouldn't drown in water that goes up to your shins. When people are speaking of water damage, I think they mean water that you can be completely submerged in for a long enough period.

Though tbh, I wouldn't really want it implemented.
Thanks given by:
From insta death to damage over time, and any tweak imaginable, just let it be a decision of the server owner to turn it on or off.
EDIT: OR mapmakers decision, XD as suggested.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 12, 11:57PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: From insta death to damage over time, and any tweak imaginable, just let it be a decision of the server owner to turn it on or off.

Why not the mapmakers decision?
Thanks given by:
* Orynge jumps in water.
* Orynge instantly dies.

Why would anyone immediately die after being submerged in water? :|
Thanks given by:
The idea is not totally absurd but it implies a great deal of coding....
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 12, 02:48AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: The idea is not totally absurd but it implies a great deal of coding....

As I posted above the code that would be used for "triggers" is there already. All you'd need is to standardize/sync hp loss across players when one person is submerged for a long time.

Though, in my opinion, not a lot of maps should have areas to be fully submerged and thus benefits of implementation would be marginal. Even if it was in, people would just surface every once in a while to restore their "breath".
Thanks given by: