The Douze problem
Douze needs to be banned from the game, noobs continue to vote it on servers again and again when there are already at least 5 games currently being played. I think there should be a limit on how many servers can be running douze at the same time.
Thanks given by:
I concur.
Thanks given by:
It's popularity boggles the mind. I respect the attempt at remaking it for AC, but it's definitely the worst map I've come across that's consistently being played. I guess it could be an ok last resort for a 1v1 or something, but even then I'm giving it too much credit.
Thanks given by:
no it is worse than BSdust

i would rather EZJemm come back into popularity. ezjemm was actually cool
Thanks given by:
I've been trying to play more often lately. I frequently resort to playing douze and I'd be lying if I said it hasn't grown on me just a little.

I really doubt anyone is going to start limiting the number of server playing a particular map at one time. It's just a bad idea.

Also,

(28 Jun 12, 10:01PM)adam Wrote: ezjemm was actually cool

You just lost all credibility.
Thanks given by:
douze sucks mael sucks

douze sucks mael sucks EZJEMMVILLE_UNDERWATER 4 LIFE

douze sucks mael sucks EZJEMMVILLE_UNDERWATER 4 LIFE
Thanks given by:
- Only arena map on official list. Scaffold may have an arguement but oh well. :3

Fast paced fragfest, with flags being scored every ten seconds. Plenty of easy kills. Easy kills = yay pro = feel good = douzebags 24/7.

Edit: Of course, due to my 2% smg accuracy, I occasionally play douze. \:D
Thanks given by:
players only like douze because you dont have to search and wait to find someone to kill. Just because makke made the map i dont see why it has to be official ( no offense to him of course) but there are plenty of great maps out there to replace douze. its only popular cuz you dont have to try to get a kill, or hardly try. you replace douze with another map with the same open space it will be just as popular. douze needs to be taken out of the official map list.
Thanks given by:
Taking it out of the official map list will do nothing. Ezjemville, Atlantis, and bs_dust2 were never official maps yet they were played to no end.
Thanks given by:
Lets erase it from the interwebz then.
Thanks given by:
kill the phonies

currently Douze ctf is being played in 6 seperate servers
Thanks given by:
Quote:Douze needs to be banned from the game

It reminds me players who ask to ban the tosok. Without the tosok, assaultcube would be empty. When I started to play, I did not understand why in CTF I could not headshot with my pistol and why this game was so ... messy with such crappy graphics and such a weird gameplay. I really did not enjoyed my first AC CTF.

But then, I played a tosok game, and another one and well ... I am still there. tosok is mainly played on desert and douze so remove that and you will loose the players (noobs?) who keep this game alive.

I do not like many things (eg ac_desert, shotgun, PF, people who hate douze ...) but I do not create threads to ask people to remove them...

Btw we (I) dont give a fuck about your problems. Find an empty server, vote a map you like and wait for friends... Cya
Thanks given by:
TLSS ac_douze to the rescue!
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 02:09AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: TLSS ac_douze to the rescue!

True Story.
Thanks given by:
douze is fine. there is no such thing as teamwork/tactics in a public game.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 04:42AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote: douze is fine. there is no such thing as teamwork/tactics in a public game.

thats changeable but most pub nerds would hate the solution to it
Thanks given by:
"It reminds me players who ask to ban the tosok." nobody ever asked to ban tosok that is plain retarded, also who the hell are you telling me that nobody cares, i know many people that hate this and Douze creates an issue when i am playing on a server with a lot of people playing a good map and random noobs join to vote CTF or TOSOK Douze. douze is just a plain shitty map get over it. I doubt you have played Assault Cube for half the time that I have been here Edward so i suggest you check yourself because you already wrecked yourself.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 07:30AM)adam Wrote: "It reminds me players who ask to ban the tosok." nobody ever asked to ban tosok that is plain retarded, also who the hell are you telling me that nobody cares, i know many people that hate this and Douze creates an issue when i am playing on a server with a lot of people playing a good map and random noobs join to vote CTF or TOSOK Douze. douze is just a plain shitty map get over it. I doubt you have played Assault Cube for half the time that I have been here Edward so i suggest you check yourself because you already wrecked yourself.

from the time you've entered AC to today, you've played 1/4th of that time consistently.
Thanks given by:
Play shad-99's Space Douze instead.
Thanks given by:
what's wrong with douze? yes, it's annoying in shitty overcrowded pubs, but it's arguably the best map for 1v1s.

Plus even if you don't enjoy playing it in public there are other people that do, be more inclusive of the community's feelings and less of your own. I'm willing to bet good money that about 10% of all AC players would quit/play less AC if douze was removed.
Thanks given by:
I disagree as far as being one of the best maps for 1v1's, in fact, I think its a rather bad map for that purpose, too easy to get an unlucky spawn.
Thanks given by:
Jamz's idea on this issue is still be best idea.
Limit the player amount for the map.
Too many people in the server at once, and it wont get voted.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 08:33AM)Bukz Wrote: I disagree as far as being one of the best maps for 1v1's, in fact, I think its a rather bad map for that purpose, too easy to get an unlucky spawn.

This is true, and raging about spread is a common issue with people who play this map. But even if you get a shitty spawn, you can still easily work around it through clever movement, believe it or not in does exist on douze.

Also with other 1v1 maps (I'll use desert as an example here since it's generally accepted as the standard 1v1 map), if you shoot him down to 4hp while he's in RVSF base and you're at the kevlar, he can take the hp pack by the RVSF base, and then riflejump along the corridor, taking the hp pack, before taking ANOTHER hp pack in the room with the helmet and the nade. whilst being completely shielded because of walls. BAM, he's full hp again. Then it's a simple matter of clever movement to rotate and whore armour again. On douze, there is much less in terms of movement because there is nowhere really viable to run/riflejump to, so you are left with only your aim and awareness. This is why, in my opinion, it's a good 1v1 map, because douze trains your aim, your awareness, and (if you're using an automatic weapon such as the AR), your ability to manage spread. All of which are valuable assets in actual matches.
Thanks given by:
SURV ac_douze - the best way to tell how shit or good someone is, just as it's good for training.
Thanks given by:
F1 with the limit the number of players on the map. I enjoy douze as it can me mindless and energizing. I also like to play douze on pubs to warm up.

You can't easily control what people want to play. The other day all I could find on the pubs were shine, sunset, and desert3. Some days I cannot get away from Depot or tosok desert. I guess if you can't find a game you want, start an inter. Or if all else fails ragequit AC for a day or two. ;)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 03:08PM)Noobicus Wrote: You can't easily control what people want to play. The other day all I could find on the pubs were shine, sunset, and desert3. Some days I cannot get away from Depot or tosok desert. I guess if you can't find a game you want, start an inter. Or if all else fails ragequit AC for a day or two. ;)

Plus if nothing else, there is always the bots to play with. As far as I know, any map; just about any number of enemies. Other then the fact it's not humans, what's not to like?
Thanks given by:
Douze is all well and good, to be honest. (Although I prefer Halo's edit of it! When are you going to update this?! This by the way has 85 less entities, appears better AND the spawns are better. Oh, and no flags. Fuck you ctf ac_douze whores) In pubs though with 20 people? Sorry, I'd rather dust any day. Not only is douze the problem, but as is desert (And dare I say arctic? Sorry Halo.)

The three of these maps are NOT pub maps. I suppose Ingress isn't either, but when do you ever see that played, even though it is a high quality 1vs1 map that focuses primarily on the team controlling the pick up? I've always thought of this. The server should be restricted with population, but the map should. This would prove better than allowing 20 people to join a server with power, and then douze, rather than a sever that changes in population between the map choice.
Thanks given by:
let the guys play the map as often as they want, so simple, the best things that has ac is the freedom to play whatever you want, put rules in that sense the only thing it does is that people leave the game. It has already been tried in the past to regularize these things and the result has been the arrival of another map with similar features and starts the complaint again and again.

Douze is addictive because it has important elements and you can get goals easily and effectively, i have so much fun running, killing and scoring, of course, after playing it twice i have to leave the server because otherwise my head would explode.

When this game was created i guess the idea was to have servers full of players, some maps achieve this effect on the players, we would have to be very blind to ruin that.

There are players who play every day AC (maybe ac_douze ctf to be concrete), i see no reason to say "hey you noob, u cant play". If the map is repeated 100 times and they stay in the server is their problem, not ours, we have to respect the decision of others.
Thanks given by:
@Edward ur mum loves the tosok.

@adam nobody cares.

@makKke I love you douze.

@undead Phu Cough.
Thanks given by:
bs_dust2 for official map.
Thanks given by: