AC|Official Clan
I want to build an IN GAME ACADEMY for AC players, so they dont run as headless chickens team/gema killing, making clans that last for 1 mont, starting n00b votes, spamming, ruining other players experiences...

The starting point could be the forum account.
A message could be delivered to the new forum user, telling them to wear a tag to identify them as fucking n00bs newbies so as they can receive help IN GAME from other trusted players from AC.
Once a player with the tag AC|* logs in in the game, other players aware of what this mean could ask the player if he needs help with anything regarding the game, and even a tour could be given to them showcasing the different things this game has to offer.
Maybe there could be a server for this purpose.
Maybe gatherings could be arranged to show different kind of features...
A rank system could be implemented, giving certain players the "permission" to teach different areas of the game...

This is just an idea, and I would love to hear your input!
Take carez!
Thanks given by:
Kinda like documenting as many AC players as possible?
But then you should create somesort of way to prove ur cheat/hack clean. That way the AC tag would be some kind of prove ur official player with no cheatbackground?

So if someone is not wearing it you are a cheater, alias or newbie?
Thanks given by:
That is mostly covered through the wiki clan list, I want to focus IN GAME...
Thanks given by:
There have been mapping clans.
Thanks given by:
Im sure there have been!
Thanks given by:
too long, didnt understood :(
Do you expect from all each AC player to be part of a clan? I hope not :p
Thanks given by:
Edited first post... sorry for my nonsense!
Thanks given by:
Can't say the edits helped.
Thanks given by:
You didn´t understand or you don´t want to understand?
Thanks given by:
Now you're just being rude.
If you want to go helping people, maybe you should first help them understand D:.
The former, if you please.
Thanks given by:
*Edited first post.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 12, 04:34AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: *Edited first post. (Said at 11:34 pm)
Ah much better.
Thanks given by:
I think It might be hard to implement, and do all of that, but I honestly really like the idea ;).
Thanks given by:
their would also be some trolls that wears the tag just for fun or troll the others trying to help
Thanks given by:
so instead of playing, the more experienced players are helping n00bs?
Thanks given by:
Also, there's no such thing as an "official clan" anymore.
That died with 1.0 (or possibly even earlier).
Thanks given by:
Why not tell them that if they need help they should ask for it here, on the forums, or on AC's IRC?
Thanks given by:
Well. as I said, it is just an idea!
For starters, there are a lot of experienced players in AC who can help /are willing to help, and that is one of the nicest things of this game, so Im hoping on using that as a starting point.
Trolling is bound to happen and is a very important point, but, if a player accepts wearing the tag AC, a simple procedure could put his/her in game name somewhere on the netz so people can double check before starting "losing" their time helping a player. Before my edits, I mentioned something about monitoring their IP, this was the reason.
And third but not least, I see your point titi, but Im talking about in game things that are not taught in the forum or in IRC, Im talking about teaching players how to lead a clan (or be part of one), to learn to respect other players (n00bs and alike), to be able to recognize an only knife osok match at first glance, to connect to private servers, to coop, to finish a gema, to vote responsibly...
Once a player learns all of this, a new world of AC opens, and that is what I want us to teach the newcomers.
Thanks all for your insights, Im waiting for moar!
Thanks given by:
You're bringing people into a clan to learn about a clan?

inb4 the no clan clan
Thanks given by:
I can tell you now I'd be very willing to help assist any one that asks me a question, as long as they bloody listen. The community needs it. Since equipping a tag seems quite the easily abused task, I could easily think of a better way. Two official servers that are listed on the top of the server (No matter what the ping or population) which can be a community base in game. You can have a match, and assist people. Second to that, it could also help popularize a well figured out map rotation. Discussions could be clan seeking, map making, questioning of impersonations, what ever.

One big thing though. AC players are lazy. <3 That being said.. You could always link an IRC to it...

Note; The forum community is only a small proportion of those that play AssaultCube. Of course the in game community are going to be misguided without reading the forums or documentation. That's why the game is slowly swerving off into a direction that AssaultCube originally wasn't designed to be.
Thanks given by:
An IRC to the server? O.o XD
I like the idea! Those could be the AC servers, and we could make ranks for people to connect to this server, as to avoid trolls.
There is already an authentication system that I know off that works (Dietrichs), and a medal one (TyD Forsaken), so people feel rewarded for their efforts (on both sides).
If we make medals for each category, and make that the higher ranks award medals to the players, we , as a community, could easily identify what kind of game experiences will arise from new (and old) players!
Draft
Thanks given by:
Or you can just makean offline trainingworld. With several tasks which must be suceeded before the game can be entered. Like Runescape has
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 12, 10:01PM)ThePrinter Wrote: Or you can just makean offline trainingworld. With several tasks which must be suceeded before the game can be entered. Like Runescape has

That's an idea.

Some sort of tutorial to complete before a player is allowed online?

Not sure if that would be all that effective though. Can an offline training program really reduce the number of TK'ers, gema killers, trolls, abusers, etc? Worth a shot?

If I was a potential troll/TK'er/hacker etc, I may be more willing to obey the rules if there was some warning the first time I play AC that says "abusers will be found and blacklisted". Something scary. Maybe include a picture of Jamz =D
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 12, 10:01PM)ThePrinter Wrote: With several tasks which must be suceeded before the game can be entered.

You mean several tasks which must be completed each time you lose your saved.cfg or redownload AC.
Thanks given by:
Well, with some sort of authentication system the settings could be saved in you forum/thinggy online so this could be avoided.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 01:14AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Well, with some sort of authentication system the settings could be saved in you forum/thinggy online so this could be avoided.

auth system... no more tag abusers... impostors? Easier to catch offenders?
but no more aliases
Thanks given by:
Auth system server side for AC| Academy servers only! For the players that want to teach others and for the students to avoid trolls.
Thanks given by:
No more Aliases? That sounds better to me. Curse the people that asked nubby hurp and ywc into a match, only to turn out to be woop. >_>
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 08:08AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: No more Aliases? That sounds better to me. Curse the people that asked nubby hurp and ywc into a match, only to turn out to be woop. >_>

Wow, really? The fact that you're bringing this up on a totally unrelated topic is hilarious. :L
Thanks given by:
Big woop (lol no pun intended) you lost a clan match.
I hate to be rude, but people are going to alias, just like how people are going to troll, or cheat, or do whatever the fuck they want.
You can't sanction behavior.
Thanks given by: